This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Update to that Deutz roto baler letter on ebay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agcodick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update to that Deutz roto baler letter on ebay
    Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 7:16pm
Here is the ad I said I would scan. It is out of a late 80's farm journal or implement and tractor. I was also looking threw a summer 87 landhandler today and saw an article about it as well. Deutz must have been trying to butter up the allis guys by doing this.

Sponsored Links

Reeseholler View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reeseholler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 11:58pm
Cool. If I had more cash I'd pick up a lot more ads. I find them really interesting and they're something easy to show people. I try for the 53 ads to go with my CA but I think if I got anymore my girlfriend would flip. Although, while she's at college......
Ken McGregor View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken McGregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 11:16am
I was made aware of the campaign at the time and had 3 working balers so I responded. they sent a new sign for the conveyor along with a new manual for each baler. Something was mentioned about the liability issue with the conveyors not being shut off when trying to get the twine started in the press roll. Those of you who have these machines will know exactly what I am talking about.
regards,
Ken McGregor
JimIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 10:49pm
I also heard this was a liability issue.  Being Deutz took over A-C they could now be liable for Roto-Baler related accidents.  To cover themselves they came up with this safety program.  I have seen a few of these kits around.  If Deutz wanted to butter up to A-C guys they wouldnt have started with the Roto-Baler, it was them covering their hind end.

Jim
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Reeseholler Reeseholler wrote:

Cool. If I had more cash I'd pick up a lot more ads. I find them really interesting and they're something easy to show people. I try for the 53 ads to go with my CA but I think if I got anymore my girlfriend would flip. Although, while she's at college......

Uhhhh.... spare yourself the future agony and get a new girlfriend. If she don't like your tractor hobby now, it ain't gonna improve with age.

Find a girl that either don't care, or if you are lucky, one that is an orange fanatic too.

Worrying about what you spend on tractor stuff is no way to go through life.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reeseholler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 1:38pm
She likes it and has helped me a lot with my CA restoration. The problem is that when I need a part I always find something like an ad to spend that money on instead and I hear about it. I wouldn't be dating her if she didn't approve of my hobby.
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 2:02pm
Ok, then keep her.

You probably need her anyway to keep your priorities straight.... LOL
1946WP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1946WP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 7:50pm
i've got one of those in my garage in the original envelope. I never instslled it on my baler.
morton(pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 10:30am
Reeseholler...

Just by any chance you DO break up with her sometime, let me know and kindly pass on my number. lol Sounds like we're close to the same age and we're both in the great state of PA, so maybe it'd work out! Or better yet...does she have a sister??? lol
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reeseholler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 12:24pm
actually she does. still in high school and total opposite of her sister. I think I'm losing my welcome with her parents though because she always likes to come up and help me work. Her parents want me to go down there all the time....but I'm bored when I go down there because there's nothing to work on. Where abouts are you at now? college?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic