This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Look What Followed Me Home Today!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve-Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Look What Followed Me Home Today!
    Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 7:49pm
Didn't really  expect or plan on buying this tractor, but the price was right at the auction and I couldn't pass it up.  It is an original one owner local 1959 D-17 NF.  This was an estate sale of the gentleman who purchased it new.  Tractor is in great shape, even came with tractor owner's manual and loader owner's manual.  Original side panels were included as well.  Probably am going to sell the loader, as I don't need it.  What made things a little extra special was the fact that the sale auctioneer let a well known retired auctioneer sell the tractors, this was an auctioneer that knew my Grandpa and my father (and family) very well, it brought back old memories for my dad of buying AC equipment from this auctioneer. Dad always tells the story of buying his first ever auction item from this auctioneer when he was very young.  He said it was an old junk push sweeper that his Dad made him bid on by himself.  He says he was real shy and nervous doing it. 

Edited by Steve-Ohio - 10 Apr 2010 at 7:55pm
Sponsored Links

Roger Nolin View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Nolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 7:54pm
don't be in a hurry to sell the loader. You will be surprised how many uses you find for it after a while. < id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
R Aiken View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Aiken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 8:05pm
It looks good Steve.  I done good at a sale today also, nothing folled me home for once.
Dans 7080 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 8:14pm
Steve where was the auction at? There was one right around the corner from my house that had a D17 witha loader on it today.
WC7610 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WC7610 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 8:33pm

nice tractor-even has the ends on the throttle and hydraulic controls. 

Thanks

Most Bad Government has grown out of Too Much Government- Thomas Jefferson
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 8:39pm
Yeah you might want to hang onto that loader for what they bring....I have one on a D14 and it is amazing how much I use it just to lift something off the trailer when my skidloader isn't home. Pretty simple to remove the bucket and frame and leave the cylinders and mounts on the tractor, too.
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Russ-neia View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russ-neia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 8:42pm
Must really be early as it doesn't even have the strap over the top of the fuel tank.   I haven't seen many of those.  Looks really straight and clean!  Good purchase.
The innovators offer what others will imitate.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic