This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Halet equipment trailer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACD15Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Halet equipment trailer
    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 7:59pm
Wondering if anyone has any information or owns/owned a Halet equipment trailer. I can not find any information on the company or these trailers, previous owner of mine said the same and he owned it since the mid eighties. Mine only has the remains of the manufacturers tag. I have a dealers sale brochure for the industrial D series tractors and these trailers were listed in the brochure. Any information on these things is appreciated, may add a picture later or can message direct.
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 6:36am
All too many companies have come and gone over the years. My own goose neck was built in Rosebud MO, that company has been gone for some ten years now, little to no history on them other than a welding shop at the start.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 11:30am
Wink Hopefully you have good one that has proven itself. Saying it was made in early 80's or before,that was kinda a wild and wooly time in trailer making.

The gooseneck hitch was new and anybody with a welder thought they could build a better Wink or cheaper trailer. Some became wildly successful other Confused not so much.

I have a stock trailer built in 75. A fellow my dad had never met before at a bull sale,was bragging his new trailer up as they waited to load bulls. The "expert" was saying there were like a dozen or so places in one OK town all building horse and stock trailer. He spent days looking into how they built them and he declared HART brand was the best. I would hate to say it was the best, but it wore out 2 pickup trucks and hauled God only knows how many cows,10 at a time and is still hauling cows.

I also have a flat bed that has no tag and DMV paper work has no manufacturer name ether. But knowing how it was used before I bought it and looking over and under it Wink and having overloaded it, it will outlast me.

So DMiller has summed it all up.And if you need to fix a little it turns out there where only a few companies making the axles and brakes. So generally easy to find the repair parts needed.

ACD15Dan View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACD15Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 8:58pm
Thank for the reply's. So far I think it's a good buy but it needs to be completely re-wired, which will happen when there's free time. It's all made out of 3/8 or quarter inch steel. Been used and abused but still has plenty of life left. I might have a lead on the company, Belshe shows trailer very similar to mine so I'm going to try contacting Maybe they were Halet at one time or bought them out and kept using their design. What is cool is there are several spots on the trailer stamped BETHLEHEM USA, which I think means the steel used to build this trailer came from the Bethlehem steel mill in Pennsylvania.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 5:45am
When you go to rewire, use 1/2" electrical conduit(either steel or plastic) well secured to the frame.Put one '7 way' terminal box at the front( connections to plug/cable) and one at the back(feeds lights and brakes).Pull a 7 conductor cable from end to end. That way you'll have good wire and easy access to it.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 6:42pm
Did like Jay was suggesting when we did the old 75 gn stock trailer 3 years ago. Also new led fixtures on the back for,the stop and turn signals. So far everything is great.
ACD15Dan View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACD15Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 12:58am
Finally figured out it is a Haulette built by Fayette. Going to try and hunt down a sales brochure as I found an old auction of one from Allis Chalmers. There is one from Massey Ferguson up on Ebay I could buy but would rather have an AC one to go with my collection.

Edited by ACD15Dan - 22 Nov 2019 at 12:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic