This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bad Sunday morning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad Sunday morning
    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 12:50am
Heard a bunch of sirens yesterday morning then a phone call from a neighbor saying there was a bunch of smoke at my folks place.  Called the renter, she said the fire was next door, at a former tree nursery.  An RV burst into flames, she called 911 but in the 7 minutes it took for the first engine to arrive, it was gone, along with the resident in it.  Don't know what caused it or anything yet.  She said she heard a pop, then a larger explosion then smoke and fire was shooting 20=30 feet in the air.  I didn't know until yesterday that there were 3 RV's parked there with people living in them, along with someone in the former milk house and another in the nursery store.  Also someone lived in a tent all summer.  I suspect the county will be doing some investigating in the near future.  I don't know any of the people there, it was bought late last spring by a guy and from what I've heard he is an electrician who drinks more then a bit.  The deceased was a friend of his "Mike" who was "older", like maybe 60's.  My SIL casually suggested perhaps there was a meth lab in the trailer.  Never smelled anything but it could have been his first , and last, batch.  Still, it's hard to have something like that happen so close to home, not to mention sad for his friends and family.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 1:04am
that does sound bad John. glad it wasn't at your folks place. if it was a meth lab, they don't give any warning when they are gonna explode. and from years of experience, when you call the fire dept for a trailer house or camper...it's already to late to save it. and if anyone is inside, the glue and non natural items inside will usually kill them.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 3:18am
A phone call like that in the morning will surely wake you up. Good it wasn't your parents place, not so good someone lost their life. You know they're all under the microscope big time now.

Edited by chaskaduo - 05 Nov 2019 at 3:19am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 6:15am
Sorry to say heard from my Brother out that way there are a LOT of homeless flowing in and setting up encampments/squatting on private grounds that are not so managed or watched. The St Louis region is seeing house fires in older abandoned homes where squatters have entered with no power no water or waste functioning, try establishing small fires for heat and they get away from them burning the entire property to the ground in many cases.

Edited by DMiller - 05 Nov 2019 at 6:17am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic