This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Track piece for HD5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slade (TN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Track piece for HD5
    Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 12:18pm
I have a customer needing this piece for his dozer, the spacer and pin.....can anyone help??

Slade 615-542-6999

Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 12:25pm
Trying to figure out what it is ??? Somehow I can not recall seeing anything like that on HD5B or HD5G that I have worked on . Is it part of dozer mounting hardware ?
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Slade (TN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slade (TN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 1:05pm
Supposed to be where the blade arm pivots......waiting on another pic, thanks Coke
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 1:12pm
If that is the attaching point at the rear axel outer housing bearing where the side push arms for the dozer blade pivots , then it is not a AC part but aftermarket to the dozer frame.
 On my HD5B the end of the arm had a ball type fitting that bolted together in 2 pieces and a ball fixture that bolted over the outer bearing end cap on axel housing.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Slade (TN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slade (TN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 2:05pm
Here are a few more pics....

M Diesel View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 4:10pm
I lost a trunnion cap not long ago, same side even, likely for the same reason. Only real answer was to have a copy made from the left side. Hope your luck is better.
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 9:33am
I lost one for a hd 5 we had and I had a one made  we took the track off and misplaced them  never did find them
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 10:42am
Just a idea but the track is to tight and excess wear on parts is going to result if run to long like that. Should be a little more slack in it to at least have give between top roller and front idler and sprocket. both sides show this over tight condition
dadsdozerhd5b View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 6:48pm
the right side track is actually off the rollers and the top of the track at the idler is tilted  toward the dozer. something definately wrong besides the blade. i would take a metal detector and backtrack the path and try to find it. you could not have lost it that long ago. the wedge is easy to make if you find the trunion half. tracks are definately too tight but may need to be on the tight side if you are working on side hills.
HD5B, HD5G, (2) FARMALL A's, CUB. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, IGNORE THE LAUGHTER. FLANNEL IS ALWAYS IN STYLE.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic