This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190xtd disking and vibration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote screwloose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190xtd disking and vibration
    Posted: 27 May 2016 at 5:35am
Yesterday I disked a ten acre field that was in corn last year for my cousin with my 190xtd and his 10 foot john deere disk. That was the first time I ever disked before. It dug in pretty good and pulled kinda hard. The ground was on the verge of being too wet but I guess that helped it cut in all the deeper. Ran the tractor in 5th gear. I had to slightly pick the disk up on some of the hills because I was loosing traction. I made a video of it but I don't know how to load it on here.
I am going to have to split the tractor to find out what is causing a vibration. It vibrates some at slower speeds and alot more in 7th and 8th gears. This vibration started at the end of a tractor ride last fall. Was in 8th gear most all of the ride. I totally rebuilt everything on this tractor inside and out. The one nut on the idler shaft (I think it's the idler shaft, I forget) in the torque tube was supposed to be torqued to 180 ft. Lbs. I had a hard time holding the clutch shaft and tightening the nut at the same time. My guess is that is where the vibration is coming from. I think I'm going to take a look at the pinion and ring gear to look at the wear pattern and check the backlash.
Doc, Mack, anybody, has any thoughts?
Sponsored Links

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 5:56am
Upload the video to youtube and share it from there. You have to register and make an account with youtube but if you have any videos to share, that is the way to do it.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
allisorange View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 6:46am

Can,t you get at that without splitting the tractor?

John Carlson
screwloose View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote screwloose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 7:08am
I think that I can get to it without splitting the tractor but the nut is staked, and I want to check the free play of the shaft. Don't think I can do that without really digging in lol.

It's really pretty easy to split. I made a splitting stand on wheels that I bolt to the side rails. I unbolt the torque tube from the back engine adapter plate, screw studs through the torque tube holes into the frame rails. Then roll the front forward about 3-4 inches, take the studs out and put bolts back in to bolt the back engine plate and side rails back together.
Getting the torque tube off won't be that big of deal after that. The issue will be taking the rest of the crap apart to get into the pinion and ring gear.
Worse thing about it all is the tractor is all painted up nice and pretty, ding dang it lol
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 9:16am
If the "vibration" changes with actual ground speed, I don't see how it could ever be involved with anything ahead of the differential. That particular stake nut just needs a good 1/2" impact to tighten it and then stake the nut. They are not known for ever coming loose. What you perceive to be an internal driveline problem, may be nothing more than a platform, fenders, rear tires or sheet metal issue.
8050/8030/185 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8050/8030/185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 9:30am
A 10' JD disk? I pulled a 14' JD disk for years behind my D17D and a 19.5' Krause behind my 190XTD in heavy soils. Are you pulling a plowing disk, if not, your 190XTD needs some serious help. JMHO
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 9:58am
If it has 23 degree tires on hard ground, that could cause the vibration.
With transmission in natural, engine wide open, does it vibrate?     MACK
Orange Blood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Blood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 1:56pm
Every 190XT I have ran, has a sheet metal vibration at lower RPMs in the roof of the cab.  Of course all I have run, no longer have any sound deadening material in them anymore.  Just a thought.
Still in use:
HD7 WC C CA WD 2-WD45 WD45LP WD45D D14 3-D17 D17LP 2-D19D D19LP 190XTD 190XTLP 720 D21 220 7020 7030 7040 7045 3-7060
Projects: 3-U UC 2-G 2-B 2-C CA 7-WC RC WDLP WF D14 D21 210 7045 N7
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote screwloose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 2:30pm
Mack, I'm going to try the rev it sitting still thing.

After I do the rev, sitting still thing, just for giggles I'll jack the rear of the tractor up off the ground and run it through the gears and see what happens.

8050, don't know about the disk other then my cousins wanted to use the disk that cuts in more (they have 2 disks) they said the other on was more for leveling. The disk I was pulling had 4 gangs, angled as sharp as they could go, the disk were roughly 16 inch in diameter and there were about 6 on each gang (I didn't count them). I was in 5th gear and wasn't lacking any power. Have 6 pie weights on each back wheel, tires are not loaded.

I 'll get back with more info later. Thank you guys for try to help
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 5:43pm
Had one that would do that, figured the ring gear was welded up or something, it would do it in 8th on the road, a vibration as the tires rotated , pulled the 3pt access part off it was all good, nothing ever became of it, just let her shudder, guy I bought it from said that it done it since new
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote screwloose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 6:59pm
DougG, my name is Doug to. Yeah after I rebuilt the tractor ALL new parts, I pulled about 6 round bale wagon loads out of a field and about a mile up the road. Kicked about 15 acres of hay, had to travel on the road for a mile or 2 to get to and from the fields. Went on about a 14 miles to a tractor ride then about a 20 mile tractor ride, then 14 miles to get back home. It was smooth all that time. I spread 6 or so loads of manure, no road travel. If I remember correctly it started after that or maybe towards the end of traveling home from the tractor ride, ding dang it I can't remember exactly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic