This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chinease innertubes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chinease innertubes
    Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 8:52pm
Boys I am glad I am no longer in the tire business.   I put a couple of 8" tubes in some golf cart tires today. The dang stems are not in the right place on the tubes. I fought these dam things for a couple hours. No the dang tubes wearn't put in backwards. I would normally be done in in about 1/2 hour with these. Needless to say after fighting these dang things that long my old back was hurting like heck. I only got 1/2 of the trailer door built. Gotta flip it over and glue the plywood on the inside of the door. We'll let that dry then put the skins the both sides of the door. I sure hope the dang thing will be square enough the fit in the opening.    

Edited by 200Tom1 - 24 Sep 2019 at 8:53pm
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 12:22am
Tom...you still using them fat little tires on that golf cart? take them off and pitch them, they'll make an old man out of you FAST! go to HF and buy them skinny tires already mounted on the 4 bolt rims. they will fit, and another plus is that you'll be able to turn a lot tighter/shorter with them on. I run them on all my carts and haven't had a flat since. started using them about 7-8 years ago.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 5:31am
I'm thinking the hole on the rim is NOT is the same location as a regular  rim ? Up here the scrapyard had 30-40 of the 'golfcart' tires/rims but I passed on them..running out of space and really, how many 'rider dump carts' doI need ?

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 11:39pm
take them tires off them rims, weld the rims together and make a mini rocket stove for your camper trailer!
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 12:30am
Shameless I'm not understanding what you are saying. But I got these dang things mounted and they aint coming off till they blow out.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 5:50pm
The chinese hard tires (no air) are no better!  I drilled 3 holes, in each of the hard tires, on my bush-hog finish mower, and filled with fire stop foam!  Hope it lasts, But I'm not countin on it, its chinese, too!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 6:19pm
gee, I've had GREAT sucess with the Hi-Run brand from China, sold through PrincessAuto up here, north of the 49th.
I'm 3 for 3 for installing itty bitty FRONT rider tubes into tires. There are the 15-6-6 size. PITFA to  get mounted without pinching the tube. Usually I'm 1 for 3....
They go on sale next week so I'm going to get lots of the rear tire size 20-8-8s I think.
Have to ask, anyone use one of the 'mini tire changers' ? It's on sale as well, wonderif it's easier than a 3/4" rod in a 5" vice ?

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 9:14pm
I have one of the mini tire changers, onlyest thing I don't like about it is you allus end up wif a hand fulla grease, when changin them itty-bitty tires.  It is, however, better'n a vise, and a coupla screwdrivers, and a hand fulla grease!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 10:29pm
I've got one of the little harbor freight mini tire changers it works good get the tire changing irons also save pinching a lot of tubes. Mines bolted to a cable spool out in front of the barn. Makes it the right height for me.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 3:54am

HMMmmmm,,,I haven't seen their "Mini Tire Changers",,yet,,I did buy one of their regular tire changers and I dug a hole in back to concrete it in solid. Works pretty good,,but gonna have to check out the Mini changers next time I'm in there cause I hate fighting them dang small tires ClapClap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 7:50am
Tom...the tires/wheels I gits from HF are trailer tires. they are also china made, but everyone sells them. TSC charges USA prices on the same thing. HF has the 4 hole rims (that fit golf carts too) and the 5 hole rims for trailers such as Carry On brand. you can buy the tires mounted on the rims cheaper than buying an inner tube. and you don't hafta fight changing them!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic