This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers 712 Shuttle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micmoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers 712 Shuttle
    Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 6:46pm
My dad gave me a 712s model garden tractor.  Where he got it, no one knows.  Missing the deck, but I got it running and has lots of power to tote around a wagon or a small disc, but then it quit running.  Not getting fuel.  Fuel line comes out of the tank and goes down to some kind of a block on the side of the engine (12 hp Kohler), then back up to the carburetor.
Does anyone know what that block looking thing is?
Fuel pump?
I hate to spend $80 on a manual if it is going to cost a lot to get it fixed.
Just want to get it running, and if it runs, then I'll spend money.
Thought I would try this forum.
Sponsored Links

Dgrader View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dgrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 10:04am
Yeah, that block is the fuel pump. Are you gettin fuel to the carb? If you are carb needs cleaned. Usually when I get one thats sat a long time, first thing I do is clean the carb. Most of the time that works and gets em runnin.
Ya cain't fix stupid.
micmoose View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micmoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 7:27pm
Well, that's what I thought.  I bought a new carb for about 20 bucks off ebay or amazon. It is the exact replacement.  Going to see if that will do it.  It also has a plastic fuel tank!  Should be easy to clean.

Edited by micmoose - 06 Feb 2018 at 7:29pm
micmoose View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micmoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 6:26pm
I got me a new carburetor, but it is missing the linkage ball stud.  The lever on the new one has a hole where you can bolt one on.  The hole in the lever is 1/8 inch.  I can find all sorts of ball studs, but no one will give the size of the thread in terms I understand.  Wrote eBay sellers and not a peep.  Anyone have an idea on how to get one, or rig the linkage?
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 6:37am

This Video may help you.

If not, at least you probably will have a laugh.

Gary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqZGWRJ66b4
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 11:18pm
Yea that is a funny video
Hubnut View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:45am
Thanks for the tip.  That guy is a trip.
1940 B "Lucy"
1941 B w/ Woods L59 "Flavia"
1942 B w/ finish mower "Dick"
1941 C w/ 3-point "Maggie"
1947 C SFW w/ L306 "Trixie"
1972 314H
micmoose View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micmoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:45pm
Anyone know where the points are on the Kohler 12hp 712S garden tractor?  Got it spinning over and the neg. side of the coil is not grounding.  Don't know if I have a magneto or points.  Has a condenser hanging off the coil side.
micmoose View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micmoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:46pm
me thinks I'll have to use this video to fix the fuel pump to if I can get spark and it still won't start.
Great find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqZGWRJ66b4

Edited by micmoose - 24 Apr 2018 at 6:47pm
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 7:03pm
micmoose View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micmoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 8:53pm
Thanks.  got what i needed to know.  That guy has a whole bunch of videos. makes me fee like need buck teeth to work on one.
micmoose View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micmoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 11:01pm
Found the points, removed the cover, and filed the points with a fingernail file.  Engine fired up on the second go round.  Probably needs a fuel pump, but the carb was full of fuel from gravity.  Thanks for the videos.  Learnt something.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic