This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NH 411 Discbine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDCurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NH 411 Discbine
    Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 8:51pm
Anybody got any experience with a NH 411 discbine? pros cons where they made by someone else? How would it be to haul one? Thanks
Sponsored Links

Tony.Or View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony.Or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:04pm
Be  sure you can get  parts  for it !!      Friend  has  one  with  main gear box out,  $2,400  to replace it.  It`s  still setting.  Tony
acd21man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acd21man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:06pm
best mower weve had just a little slow  next to the JD 275 discmower
2 wd 45,2 D-17 diesel/gas 3 pt, 220,d21, 4020,2 4430s used daily http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCudh8Xz9_rZHhUC3YNozupw
AdamA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdamA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:44pm
we've got one, really like it parts are a little high but most everything can be sourced locally, bearings etc.... had new shields made at a local fab shop turned out really nice! don't know how far your going but they tow very well centered behind your truck, as long as tires/bearings are in good shape 50mph is no problem.
57'D-17,78'185,83'6080,76'7040,84'8030 FWA.02'Dodge cummins
kffischer View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kffischer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 10:14pm
3 or more cutterbar revisions on that model.  If your serial starts with 88 you're probably in good shape, as those are the latest models.  Ours is a few hundred below the exact change number, and we still have little problem getting parts.  An early one I'm not sure on parts.  We bought ours used with a new cutterbar and after about 5 years had to replace it again at about the same price as we purchased it for (with dealer installing).  Fields have rocks here and there, probably not the machine's fault. Still cheaper than new and better than another used one.  Our particular serial number has the cutterbar available as an assembly, but i think the older and newer are components only...
The cutterbars are Kuhn but there are so many variables that it's easiest to just deal with NH.  Crossover info is very rare.  Get the genuine knives, there is no comparison with the aftermarket ones.
good machine in my opinion.  If you go newer model numbers, they are all NH's own design and parts and of modular design.  

karl f
NDCurt View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDCurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 10:53pm
Thanks all for the info. I'm shopping and within my price range I'm looking at the older NH's. Good parts availability for NH here (if in the NH system) Not much for the smaller machines around here so therefore the question about hauling. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic