This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carb cleaning kit?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carb cleaning kit?
    Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:09am
Who offers the best for the money carb cleaning kit? The ones that hold about a gallon and have the tank and basket? Any help appreciated.Tracy Martin
Sponsored Links

Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 11:58am
I've had good luck using Pine-Sol in a bucket to soak the carb body.  The Pine-Sol starts bubbling as soon as you put it in.  After a day or two, remove and rinse under water using an old tooth brush to scrub.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
RyanTN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyanTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 12:10pm
I got a Berrymann one at the local speed shop a couple of years ago for about $20.  Seems to work okay, not as powerful as it once was.
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 5:04pm
I just used the gallon and basket one again on my C. I think it works great!
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 5:06pm
I use the gallon and basket one.  Just did the carb on my C. Works great for small parts with the basket. 
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 7:14am
The folks at GUNK make an excellent carburetor cleaner. Hydro Seal II is what I use. I get it from my local supplier here, but if memory serves me correctly, I think you can get a small pail of it with a basket from Napa. Check it out...... BTW, if you do find it, don't get it on your hands! It works well on flesh to. Don't ask me how I know that!...
Steve@B&B
TedBuiskerN.IL. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedBuiskerN.IL. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 10:00am
I bought a five gallon pail of the Gunk carb cleaner with a big basket many years ago, after hundreds of uses it still works as good as it did when new.
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic