This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D14 w/orchard exhaust...finished

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D14 w/orchard exhaust...finished
    Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 9:22pm
     I just managed to get this one finished up this weekend. It's a late 1959 model, serial #19750, with the 12v system. It was a good restoration candidate to start with, having a good motor and driveline, power steering, and the sheetmetal up front was pretty good, but the fenders were a little rough. I tried to stay as original as possible, and I refinished everything in shiny Persian #1 DuPont enamel. I don't know much history on it, or why it has the orchard exhaust option, but it is much quieter than the vertical style.  I think the D15 nameplates look better than the cheesy big decal that it's suppose to have, and I used a dash plate too.  Also...if you want a lesson in "Anger Management"...try pulling new wire through the fender braces,ugh!!

Here's a before and after pics...Eddie      The tractor is for sale.

Sponsored Links

split51 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote split51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 9:25pm
 Wow, nice job. I have never seen a orchard exhaust system on a D series. Cool!!!!!!
1929 20-35 sn17662
B1 w/snow blade
B10 w/sickle mower
B110 w/mower deck
B110 w/tiller
B112 w/grader blade
B210 w/plo
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 9:43pm
Ya dun real good ! Wished either of my D-14s looked as good as what you had to start with !!
I like the 'orchard muffler' setup...might make my own this summer, at -10F here, too cold to play in the garage.

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
acben20 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acben20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 10:31pm
here is my NOS orchard muffler kit for d14.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 12:51am
Beautiful job Eddie.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Burgie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 5:42am
Heck of a job Eddie. Is there enough room to put the breather cap under the hood?
"Burgie"
Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 7:54am
Looking great, nice work, Eddie.
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 7:57am
She looked darned good "before"; the "after" is a pure work of art!!
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 8:00am
That is a sharp looking tractor. You should be proud of her.  You say it's for sale, but don't say what you want for it.  Sure puts my D14 to shame.
Eddie(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 6:02pm
      Thanks for the compliments guys, it makes all this work feel even better!

Ben, that has to be a really rare kit you have. Thanks for posting the pic.

Burgie, there's not enough room to move everything under the hood. The picture of the orchard tractor in Swinford's guide, shows a shorter stack with a tapered cap. Also, that was a very sharp looking D15 I saw on the D series post, with your name next to it!

The price is $6000. It's a good piece overall mechanically, with the rare exhaust and a nice original working  AC tach and gas gauge. Much, much more. I have a CD with full photo documentation or the rebuild, that goes with it. Anyone interested can email me @ edsflathead@aol.com or give me a call 217-497-2536, for more details.  I'll gladly send more photos. Thanks, Eddie  Oakwood, IL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic