This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Restored" he says

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Restored" he says
    Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 6:14pm
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 6:20pm
"restored" means different things to different people.. When I " rebuild/ refurbish "  a tractor I make sure the motor / trans / differentials are 100% GOOD .... external I never leave anything original.. Alternators , new lights, upgraded whatever are all fair game to me... Im not going for original, im going for functional ........... and I don't like the yellow paint on the JD above !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 6:32pm
There is "restored", then there is "mop and glow"...Wink
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 6:37pm
Kind of looks like it was in the movie "Cars"...
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 8:07pm
1964 JD600 was a pre side console 4020 made for construction. Odds are it was construction safety yellow to match the seat and the grill. As a farm 4020 the wheels and hubs would have been yellow but the rear axle was black oxide and on a farm tractor would have extended a ways. The JD muffler and the precleaner on the air intake are black on my '68 gas 4020. My step was green, not yellow. I don't think the seat cushions are yellow on my tractor. Haven't cared about such details so long as they aren't painful to ride.

According to the Jan-Feb 2008 Two Cylinder Magazine, there were 9 JD600 with gas engines and 79 with diesel in the '64 to '68 model years, so compared to the 129,906 of all the early 4020 models made and 55, 851 of all the side console 4020 family made, the JD600 is rarer than uncommon. If it is really a 600, the serial number should start with 25T for '64 to '68 and 251P for side console with gas engine and Power Shift transmission, 253R for Diesel and Synchro-Range and 253P for diesel engine and Power Shift transmission.

There are some "restorers" who figure a complete restoration is accomplished without wrenches, all done with spray paint. Not really true with a tractor that has earned its living for half a century.

Gerald J.
chuck (WI) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuck (WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:48pm
Just when I thought a Green one couldn't get any uglier.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 10:04pm
wonder how long that paint will last on that muffler! LMAO
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 10:05pm
oh...and that's a lawn mower seat on it! (dumbazz)
Burgie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 4:27am
Right on Steve.
"Burgie"
Ross D. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 6:16am
I really like the flood light in front of the breather.   Ross D.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 6:24am
I see Not above Restored.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 6:45am
He done it his way .That's what maters .
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Play Farmer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Play Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 7:12am
Originally posted by Dusty MI Dusty MI wrote:

Dusty

I thought the same, until I blew up the picture a little more. It says 1964 above restored.

With that said, it looks like a not so great paint job on what could be a really nice piece. I'd like it in my garage - although it certainly wouldn't stay the way it is.

Edited by Play Farmer - 25 Jun 2017 at 7:14am
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 7:27am
Pretty neat old John Deere,if he's happy that's what counts since he spent the $$$$ and time to
get it done.Those that don't like it can buy it and do it their way.How much was he asking for it?
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 11:26am
Rustoleum Restoration?
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Play Farmer Play Farmer wrote:

Originally posted by Dusty MI Dusty MI wrote:

Dusty

I thought the same, until I blew up the picture a little more. It says 1964 above restored.

With that said, it looks like a not so great paint job on what could be a really nice piece. I'd like it in my garage - although it certainly wouldn't stay the way it is.

Play Farmer,
Your right that is 1964.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 6:10pm
There's a guy with a 'restored' B up here for sale for $5500, complete with Delco ALTERNATOR on it....sigh.......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic