This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Quiz"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Quiz"
    Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:52pm
Ill try to make this long story quick. Saturday follow forum member jay and cuzent payed us a visit to get a few things. They found a neat little box under parts counter that says POWER SELLING on it. Jay reads off a name off an says does this guy mean anything to you, we'll dad recognized it said he work for my grandfather back then. Looks like its a salesmen kit from around 1957. Has some colored sales literature and a bunch of these little booklets saying "power selling" on each type of equipment and other booklets " sales power through knowledge" on each types of equip. All is really neat. Lots IV never seen before. I can faintly remember maybe Fred talking about something like this thing.

Also one thing I thought was neat there's four little quizzes about 24 multiple questions. One is a (tractor quiz), (all-crop Harv quiz), (forage harvester & blower quiz), (roto- baler, bale loader & rake quiz)
They have that guys name on them with dates January 29/ 1957 on two and jan 30 1957 on two with his scores. Must have been a two day class or school for salesmen.

I would think some of the guys on here that are old dealers would have seen it.

Edited by Mikez - 04 Apr 2017 at 12:23am
Sponsored Links

FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 6:46am
be interesting to see how many of us could make a good grade on those questions...
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
JayD-17(NY) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayD-17(NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 10:00am
Yep, that's the first "Power Selling" box kit I personally ever saw. I remember dealers/salesmen having those massive orange 3-ring binders filled with similar reference materials....but nothing like that "educational" box kit.

Might have to take some pics and post them. I'm sure someone on here will be familiar with them....I agree, if anyone had or has one too, someone like Fred in PA, undoubtedly has come across them before.......It'd be interesting to see if someone else's contains the same collection of materials.

The color artwork on those early Gleaner brochures shoved in the kit was gorgeous. Bet those would bring a pretty penny on Ebay! But obviously all of it is meant to stay together.

Dust off the box, build a mantel somewhere in the house and proudly display it front and center - that's what I'd do!

Edited by JayD-17(NY) - 03 Apr 2017 at 10:02am
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 10:02am
If you could post the quiz questions, that would be fun!
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 10:40am
Yea Ill get some pictures of stuff. I can't get pictures on here. Would you want to jay, or somebody else.
How would you guys want to do quiz, IV been trying to think of ways. Thought if I made copy's then white out the answers and make copy of that. But then what, send to whoever would want copy, could they be scand in computer. I'm not tech savvy lol, any ideas.
Creston there's some cool all-crop stuff you would love, what ones your favorite 100
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 11:39am
I think you could just write them in here and do some group answers.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Mikez Mikez wrote:

Creston there's some cool all-crop stuff you would love, what ones your favorite 100
I like them all, but the 60's and 100's are my favorite. Big smile
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 1:09pm
Yeah Mike, do a "Quiz of the Week" starting on Monday and see what answers you get.  THen the following Monday, start another one and give the answer to the past week.  It'd be something else to look forward to each week.
Sound like a good idea?!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Yeah Mike, do a "Quiz of the Week" starting on Monday and see what answers you get.  THen the following Monday, start another one and give the answer to the past week.  It'd be something else to look forward to each week.
Sound like a good idea?!
x2! 
BenGiBoy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenGiBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Sound like a good idea?!

X3!
'39 Model B
Tractors are cheaper than girls, remember that!
JayD-17(NY) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayD-17(NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 2:12pm
Mike, I don't mind......If you can take the pics and email them to my gmail account, I can get them on here. Otherwise, I can take the pics when I pick up my spring parts someday......

Looks like this neat little box is going to keep you busy for a big while!
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 10:56pm
Ok I will give that a try, I'll just do one page each week that way it will last longer and won't be as much typing. Ill sart a new topic.
I haven't taken pictures of it yet, jay is that what IV been emailing you though, work ok.
Looking at the stuff in there I get the sense that it was some sort of seminare that you went to on knowing the eqiup your selling. Some of the books compare other brands and why allis chalmers is better.
Then there must have been these little test to see if you were paying attention.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Mikez Mikez wrote:

Some of the books compare other brands and why allis chalmers is better.

I need to read those! 
It's always fun when I talk to big-headed JD guys who say Deere is better because "Well....they're the best and they're still in business." and then they ask me and I can overload them with facts, numbers, and statistics. Big smile Killing them with kindness and being nonchalant about it is always fun, too.

Edited by CrestonM - 03 Apr 2017 at 11:08pm
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 12:22am
When I get a minute creston ill send you a few pictures of some
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic