This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black lives matter?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 10:57am
BLM They are not talking about life and death.

They are talking about how much racism still exists.  They want to be treated the same way white people are.

Maybe country folks don't realize how much racism still exists out there.  I do, and it is an embarrassment to America.   Growing up in a small town I never realized how much it was still happening back then.  Here I am 66 years later and nothing has changed.  they just want people to just see a person, not a color.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 11:35am
John, I'm normally one to go very easy on people who pop their head up from the usual Politic Section turmoil, even if on a topic that should probably be put their (or moved there when people push it beyond its original scope).

So, I will continue that trend, and not go too hard on you.

I will just say this. I absolutely believe racism still exists. A LOT, and I think it is terrible. Our agreement ends there though, as I believe racism exists amongst ALL races to all OTHER races. And it seems nothing will change that except time. And I know how that sounds, but nobody ever passed a law that changed anyone's heart, and that is a point of fact.

As for BLM, it isn't what they're saying that's the problem. It's HOW they're saying it.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 1:06pm
Their ACTIONS speak louder than words.... 

When a COP says STOP.. you dont attack him with a knife or gun.

Welfare is a TEMPORARY help for people... Ater 60 YEARS on to TEET, YOUR DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

RACISM is a two way street.. Why does Congress have a BLACK CAUCUS ?  Why do they have an NAACP ?   Do WHITES have that same privilage ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by AmBerry AmBerry wrote:

In my opinion, anyone regardless of nationality or skin color has the same rights so I can say that Black Lives Matter completely.  
I get annoyed that I see in many forums that people are racist and behave as if they are superior to someone else and I can't understand what's going on in their minds.  
I have always supported the idea that everyone is the same and even lately I have often started to buy Black Lives Matter T-shirts and I wear them with pride.

Its quoted directly in their charter, they advocate violence and want to do away with the nuclear family.     Pride??
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 5:25am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

John, I'm normally one to go very easy on people who pop their head up from the usual Politic Section turmoil, even if on a topic that should probably be put their (or moved there when people push it beyond its original scope).

So, I will continue that trend, and not go too hard on you.

I will just say this. I absolutely believe racism still exists. A LOT, and I think it is terrible. Our agreement ends there though, as I believe racism exists amongst ALL races to all OTHER races. And it seems nothing will change that except time. And I know how that sounds, but nobody ever passed a law that changed anyone's heart, and that is a point of fact.

As for BLM, it isn't what they're saying that's the problem. It's HOW they're saying it.

I'm with TBone on this. "IF" blm really wanted to make a truthful statement,,they would be attacking all those rioters and looters and murderers and calling them out for going AGAINST what they purport to be their "GOALS". That right there is why so many people,,including many liberals are NOW starting to go against blm. Who wants to live in a world of constant turmoil?? BLM supports the rioters, looters and murders and do nothing to try to get people to come together. The 3 "White Privelege" women owners of blm are raking in way toooo much money by keeping the unrest going on,,,so they are NOT going to do anything to stop it.
 There has always been too much racism in our country, but it is no different than any other country in the world. People that live under racism have always tried to migrate to other countries, especially the USA, only to find out it exists there also. Rioting, looting and murdering will never solve the racism issue, until the authorities round up the law breakers and start the process of trying to get along. Outfits like blm will never work towards that solution, cause there ain't no money in it. To them,,,unrest is money in the pocket.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 6:53am
Tbone,well said!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 7:41am
Thanks Mark and Joe.

I may be all wet and all wrong on what I'm about to say, but it's what's in my head and in my heart, so I'll say it anyway.

My best friend growing up, literally K-12, was black. There was nothing "black" about him other than the color of his skin and hairstyle. He was about the only black person in a 50 mile radius except for the Air Force base, and he was living and being raised by white foster parents.

As always, hindsight is 20/20j, and looking back, you could see the evolution of how people viewed and treated him as we got older. The older we got, the more heavily racist people treated him. And why? What reason did he ever give anyone other than his color? None. When we were young, grade school, he was just the cute little black boy that lived with Sylvia. Once we got to 8th-9th grade, fathers would forbid their daughters from going to a dance with him, forbid them from seeing him. Couple more years go by, older kids would start fights with him, either because they didn't want a black guy around, or for the type of people who think fights are fun, they'd fight him on a dare or whatever because they'd assume he was strong and/or athletic and/or wild because after all he was black. You'd walk in somewhere with him, like an eatery or something, a hush would fall over the crowd. And by the time we were 17 or 18, we knew we always had to watch our back. He had a hard time finding a "nice" girl, because really only the rough ones with no family structure could hang out with him.

To me, there's two levels of racism. There's the blind hate type, where there is no other reason for the thoughts and behavior than what you see in their color, they're different than you and therefore they must be bad. I have never, can never, understand how people can feel that way.

Then there's the "apprehension" type of racism. That type, I understand. Certain neighborhoods you just know you shouldn't walk into. You see a group of 6 guys of another race on a street corner, and you think twice (black, Hispanic, middle eastern, doesn't matter). Doesn't mean you hate them for how they look, but you just know there's a racism issue underlying everywhere. That's going to take a long long time to disappear.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 9:24am
re: I have never, can never, understand how people can feel that way.

This is easy to understand.....people who are 'racist' are brought up that way, either by their parents/family units or by a constant barrage from others,like the media or 'groups' that have an 'agenda'. It's a kind of 'brainwashing' and it works, very,very well...

Simple consider ANYONE that is vilely against Mr. Trump. THOSE people are racists. They can't stand a white guy doing what he said he'd do...MAGA.

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 10:46am
You seriously think you had to tell me that jay? And bring Trump into it to boot? You're saying where it stems from, and well no crap, I know that. My statement of not understanding it runs a little deeper than that.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 1:13pm
 Very good way of putting it Tbone. "Apprehension" is a good description but as long as there is evil in the world the the apprehension will also exist.

Without turning this more political than it already is,I wonder how the people of the news media think they will be safe in a civil war. The way they put things out it seem to me they are inflaming both sides.

I have heard from people that generally have their facts straight that BLM has on their web site they are a communist/soloist  promoting group. I took a fast look and did not see that or much else than buy a tee shirt and or donate money. But burning down things is not making me more sympathetic to the cause. Or in a local case of walking out into a freeway and stopping traffic both ways for 2 hour. And telling a woman on her way to the hospital in labor,she had to suffer because their black ancestors  had to suffer.  

Andy E View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 1:30pm
One of the biggest fund raisers ifor B L M is CHESIMARD. She was convicted in NEW JERSEY to life in prison. Involved with killing a policeman. Escaped is still on the F B I wanted list.   She is hiding in Cuba and they DO NOT want to deport her
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

Very good way of putting it Tbone. "Apprehension" is a good description but as long as there is evil in the world the the apprehension will also exist.

Without turning this more political than it already is,I wonder how the people of the news media think they will be safe in a civil war. The way they put things out it seem to me they are inflaming both sides.

I have heard from people that generally have their facts straight that BLM has on their web site they are a communist/soloist  promoting group. I took a fast look and did not see that or much else than buy a tee shirt and or donate money. But burning down things is not making me more sympathetic to the cause. Or in a local case of walking out into a freeway and stopping traffic both ways for 2 hour. And telling a woman on her way to the hospital in labor,she had to suffer because their black ancestors  had to suffer.  

Thanks, yeah, there's a lot to it. And you are correct about the evil in the world. That's just part of what will be.

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 2:27pm
I've had such very good experiences with some black people. A couple I can think of that I'd like to share. One was 6 years ago when my son needed surgery and we were at U of M Medical Center and waiting for him. A black lady was there and after a while we made a little chit chat and then she said it was time for her to go. I said to her, I hope all goes well for why you are here (I didn't know, other than it was a younger person). She said, God bless you, and thank you so much, and I pray for you and that your child is OK. I said, it's not anything serious that he is here for. She said, that doesn't matter, he is your child and he is in surgery, and I will pray for you. When she left, I looked at the wife and said, why can't interactions between black and white people be more like that?

A couple years ago, moving my daughter into college, and she had a black roommate, with a black boyfriend, both from Detroit. The young man pitched in and offered to carry a few things, and he was trying to help me assemble a Futon. Not sure he'd ever used a wrench before, but his heart was in the right place. The nuts were the nylon insert type, and I had put them loosely together the prior year disassembling the Futon. He was handing me the nuts and bolts, and he had like 4 that he couldn't get apart. He said he'd go find something to help get them apart. As he was looking around, he saw I was putting them in place, he says, whoa how'd you get those apart? Just pure man strength?? LOL...yep. We talked a little football. He aske who I liked, Steelers. He says oh Man! Lions baby! Detroit! I said well, they have sucked my whole life, so I needed a backup. If the Lions are in a game besides the Steelers, heck yeah I'll root for them. He says, man, I think they could make the Super Bowl this year! I said buddy, if they make the Super Bowl, I don't care where you are, you and I are watching the game together! He says, I WILL TOTALLY HIT YOU UP ON THAT!!!. Well, of course the Lions did NOT make the Super Bowl. But I saw the kid about 4 months later when we went down to watch a hockey game. He was in the lobby with some buddies. He saw me and his eyes lit up and he literally RAN across the lobby and jumped into my arms for a big hug! (he was just a little dude!) The look on his buddies' faces was kind of priceless. Sigh....Yeah, I must be a big ol' hater eh?

. . . and yet I would absolutely be apprehensive in certain situations. You'd be stupid not to be!

What if my daughter was dating a black guy? I know I would filter that guy through the finest of fine tooth combs. Sure, I would for any guy, but I know being honest I'd be harder on a black guy. Just want to be sure. And I'd be concerned for their children if they wanted to marry and it came to that. One of my best friends from college has a 20 year old daughter who is now dating a black guy. Haven't had a chance to talk to my buddy about it yet to see how he's doing! Probably fine....
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 4:20pm
There are good people and bad people.... dont have much to do with color.... you find plenty of both.......... i know a lot of WHITE people that i dont care to hang around or live next to... just the way it is.
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 4:33pm
100% correct Steve. I know as much if not more white trash than black. I have very good life long friends that are not white. I think the long and short is people are confusing prejudices with attitudes. I don't care if your neon green if you approach me with an attitude expect the same attitude right back. The people I know of a different color than I am think EXACTLY the same way,and are bright enough to see there's a bunch of people making a pile of money convincing other people that prejudice and attitude are the same thing. They are not.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by HudCo HudCo wrote:

if you assk me the south does not even exist any more , maybe the useless generation can the south and claim it

There are those that firmly believe the advent of central air conditioning ruined the south.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 6:02pm
Tbone you are a good man! I have friend Bill who is black. Bill did 2 tours of duty as a Marine in Vietnam,he was also a Golden Gloves Boxer. Bill came home from the Marines to milk cows with his Dad until the farm economy in the 80's . Bill's Dad a WW2 vet figured he could sell the cows and retire and Bill went to work in the Prison as a Corrections Guard.When I sold my Cows Bill tried to get me to work at the Prison. He told me it's no different than working around Bulls you never turn your back to them.Bill retired after his time. I used to ask him when he was going to retire and he said"Mark there are good people and bad people I like to keep an eye on the bad people"! Now he and his wife enjoy his retirement with gardening their 2 little dogs and 2 adult children. Bill belongs to the local American Legion and as a true Marine folds the flag the best and stands at attention the straightest when the flag is raised or lowered! Not a better man in the community!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 10:09pm
i've worked and played and drank with lots of black and brown and red folks. we all bleed red! one night at work one of my black buds asked if he could bring his young'in out to my place to see our goats? i told him out loud (reason for that) that he and his family are always welcome at our place! the looks on some of the other co-workers faces were priceless...that told me who were/were not socially friendly.  sure is funny...when all colors of children are together...they don't see color differences until they are older, that's usually when the parents tell them about the differences of skin colors and who they can/can't play with. Lincoln NE PD just lost an Officer, a black boy shot him, he died Monday...i don't see/hear anyone trying to start any riots over this shooting.    
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 10:25pm
We live in an area that has a meat packing plant.. Lot of workers are Mexican or Blakc from Nigeria...... I take the kids to McDonalds ( last year) a couple times a week to play in the play area and eat.... 6-8 kids at all times... Black , White, Brown, maybe Green, Male, Female.... some very poor or no English...... kids dont know the difference or care.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 10:53pm

Well,,,I'll bet all of us got stories to tell about when we were lots younger and skin color did not mean a thing,,,,to most people. I grew up living down the street from several Black families that treated us like equals including the parents. Things begin to "change" once we got to High School, tho,,,when the Watts Riots happened. I will NEVER forget we were in Compton, Calif driving to an Open Air Concert and seeing all the burnt houses and business,,I could not hardly believe there was so much HATE in people. When we got to the park where the concert was to be we finally realized my cousins and I stuck out like sore thumbs and lots of stares towards us. We got to see Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Diana Ross and after so many comments directed AT US,,,we fnally left before dark or we prolly would not have got out in one piece. The comments got worse and worse as we left and it was so hard to believe that some people could harbor so much hate for others.
 Just wish it did not have to be that way,,,,,,,,,
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 11:00pm

Sure sad to hear bout that fallen officer in Lincoln,,Shameless,,I know you being an ex-police,,it takes on a different meaning when A LEO is killed on duty.
 I keep hoping The AG is gonna get his CHIT together sooner that later and start arresting and processing those people and get em off the streets. There is just so much lawlessness these days to the point that people do not think a thing bout shooting a police officer.
Lord, Help us all,,,,,,,,
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 2:12pm
It's sad how the news media play things up to start trouble. 3 colored kids 1-19 -1 15 & 1- 17 killed a white police officer and his in formant in Cleveland and no riots no picketing and the news don't talk much other than funeral for the officer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic