This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lost an Old Friend Today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost an Old Friend Today
    Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 7:51pm
My second cousin Delbert Slaymaker passed today. He was not a full blooded Allis guy but had some orange stuff around and he was a Brother in Law to the original owner of my 35WC. He told me a couple stories about running that tractor in the spring of 36. He was a first cousin to Dad since his mother was Dad's Aunt and His father was a distant cousin of my Grandmother E.Slaymaker Tucker. (I can hear the wheels turning. LOL)
 Delbert was a character. One of the last couple times I visited him in the nursing home, he was leaning forward with his head down and his eyes closed while I was talking to another fella. His daughter came in and asked if he had talked to me and said "Dad,Charlies hear, wake up." Delbert says " you know you can learn a lot just listening."
I wonder how many times he sat out in the "gathering room" listening when people thought he was sleeping.
 We will miss you Old Friend. Charlie
http://www.bosmarenkes.com/obits/obituaries.php/obitID/818030

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 22 Oct 2010 at 7:53pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Sponsored Links

Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 7:55pm
Sorry for your loss Charlie.  He sounds like he was a real gem.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 8:11pm
We all lose a bit when someone like your cousin passes, Charlie. Our condolences....
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Osage_Orange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osage_Orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 8:55pm
Condolences from SW MO Charlie.  Hang on to those memories........they are precious.
Why is there never time to do it right the first time, but always time to go back and fix it?
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 10:36pm
Charlie,
I am sorry to hear of your loss.
Lou
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 11:24pm
Sorry for your and the communities loss.  Sounds like he had a full life, something we can all hope for.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 6:16am
Sorry for the loss. Glad you have the memories and great stories to tell and retell. Helps keep the good times and memories alive. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 8:01am
Sorry to hear. Sounds like my kind of guy.
ashbrook View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashbrook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 9:22am
sorry for your lost and like you i just lost a true ac fan on the 7th of this month. he is the reason that i have been built my 1948  wd puller the last 3 years and why  i am an AC fan myself. My cousin and I are trying to talk my grandma in to pulling his wd45 puller at least ones next year.  
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 9:31am
Sorry to hear this Charlie
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Jeff Z. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff  Z.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 9:32am
Sorry to hear of your loss.
Memories are a good thing.
AllisChalmers37 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisChalmers37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 9:47am
I am so sorry to here that.

I don't care if he was a pro John Deere guy, it's still horrible.

Hope things get better.
1937 WC, 1950 CA, 1959 D14, 1967 190XT, 2006 Ram 3500
Kip[NY] View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip[NY] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 12:16pm
Sorry to hear about your loss, Charlie.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic