This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how's the weather out there

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how's the weather out there
    Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 9:25am
A little news sounds like N. Dakota and Texas + others are getting some really nasty things. Up in Canada too. Any reports? Hope all are safe.
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 11:31am
Wink It's the weather, we need something besides politics to yell and scream about.LOL

Last week Thu and Fri where 20 over normal at 90+. Monday it did not get to 60 with a nasty cold wind of 20 mph and over. Nov to March is the California rainy season we got NONE from Jan to near the end of March. Got real life saver 1.60 but now several more chances in the forecast. Oh we had a little frost on the car windows yesterday. Don't know if it got any fruit or not but was real close.

Wink But as dad always told me it can rain as long as we get frost in the spring. LOL

I would say the weather here is all screwed up. Wink But it has always been up and down with no set pattern around here.LOL Old men have always said only fools and new comer try predicting what kind of a year we will have. I have seen rainfall vary from 8 inches to 60+ for a season here. And as many of you know timing of rains makes more difference in a crop than amount many times.

WinkWink  Anybody want to trade a earth quake for a tornado? LOLLOLLOL
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 1:08pm
POURING DOWN RAIN in Central Illinois all day today... Suppose to be 60 deg tomorrow and 17 MPH winds !!.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 2:13pm
A week ago  it was 70 degrees F and I was mowing the lawn.  Last Monday it snowed 4 inches.  Today it is 40 degrees F and rainy.  It's like weather whiplash.
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 2:23pm
Cloudy and 80 degrees here . Got a little warm on the D 15 today , but I still enjoyed my seat time . Thanks !
GSTROM99 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 2:47pm
Tornado warnings last night, but they all stayed north.  Second front was worse, here.  Got hail, lightning and BIG WIND (60mph+).  No damage, 'cept for the burn pile sticks getting tossed about.  Got to 70 before the storms.  Snow flurries now.

Edited by GSTROM99 - 13 Apr 2022 at 2:48pm
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 3:33pm

This what we been gettin,check the wind....this was yesterday,gettin it again today RED FLAG warnings nearly every day,no significant moisture for over 6 months...pretty sad around here...
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 3:41pm
It was almost 89 Tuesday afternoon east of Omaha, Ne in W C Ia., was still 77 @ Sioux City when got home, then it rained a bit then winds @ 60+, this morning it was 26 winds 25-30. The severe T storms & tornadoes were south & east of me last night. 
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 6:04pm
Went to bed last night, threat of early morning T-storms.  Those split and went somewhat around us but a few snuck thru.  67 as went to be 71 as woke up currently after a day of really weird rain storm alignments is now 47 and strong winds from W, NW.
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 8:41pm
it was t-shirt weather Monday afternoon…2+ feet of pretty and howling winds since Tuesday about 11am.  Hasn’t let up yet.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 11:30pm
89 degrees here yesterday, froze puppy pond outside last night, was cooler and windy today, is about 31 degrees here now. whew! no wonder people gits colds alot!
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 1:23am
Had  some high winds early last week.  Broke a tree. It was a tall skinny fir tree about 12" at the base and about 80' tall. Broke off about 15' above the ground. The remainder fell into some smaller trees and was completely suspended up in the air. Low end about 8' off the ground and the high end about 15' off the ground.  Had fun getting that down.
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 3:56am
Tornado warnings last night, but nothing here.  Second front was worse.  We got hail, lightning and thunder and LOTS of BIG WINDS!!  No damage here to report, but a couple of times I thought the roof was going to leave me. Last week ti was in the 70s and now we're looking at snow for the next few days.  GOOFY weather for sure!!

I want SPRING!  I got LOTS of outside work to do and it involves layin on the ground!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 5:00am
Awoke to a Frost advisory this morning, not good as will be 60 by mid afternoon but at least NO rain, that comes back tomorrow.
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 6:59am
Here at our farm (Udall, Ks).
We did get a little moisture the other morning.  Sent the sample from the rain gauge to be tested.  The results came back 98% dry matter.
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 9:34pm
Clay, you need to unthaw those rain guages under the tap water, it always makes ya feel better when you read them!  How do you think we got our annual rainfall up to 20 inches out west.LOL

It was 18 this morning, which was good, well not for the wheat, but after 91 for a high a day ago I was worried that the flies would get a good start this year.  They got shutdown, no flies this morning in the payloader.  There's always a bright side to driving around to the smell of fresh cut alfalfa even if there is none.Wink
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 10:00pm
gots down to around 24 degrees here last night, Ted...we also had them twister warnings, and got a 1/2 inch of rain, no hail, no twisters, and had a little wind. i thinks the weather man needs a new radar set up!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 11:57pm
wow....the wind just quit blowing here now. been going real strong all week, seems to have warmed up a bit too now.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 2:57pm
 We have had a 1 1/2" of rain so far this week and calling for more to night also high wind warnings tonight
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 4:28pm
Low 90’s here today. Windy, light haze in the sky, but mostly sunny. Still no rain in the forecast.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 4:41pm
Think it was 81 today. Warm enough to see a small timber rattler

200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 9:19pm
I took the dang snow tires off the front of the van last week. Put on some that are almost straight treads. Very little a season tread on them. So its probably gonna snow again. The boys are putting on NH3 the past couple of days. I saw one feller drilling today. Looked like he was creating a riparian strip. I am seeing some planters sitting outside of the machine sheds. Looks like the boys is greasing them up getting ready. By the way, how many grease fittings are on some of these 36 row planters. Any guesses or anybody know for sure?
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2022 at 5:18pm
Got home from Church today, went into the honey production building to do some paperwork and get a order ready to deliver tomorrow morning. Came out an hour later one we had a fluffy 2" of snow covering everything. Probably got 4-5" now. The gals ain't gonna be doing much skinny dipping today! Been snowing since 11:00 this morning and still at it.   
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2022 at 9:09pm
Ian Tyson sums it up pretty well where I live!!  One day its 20 degC(70F) , next is below zero with 4 or 5 inches of snow!

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2022 at 9:29pm
that dang 'machine' is supposed to  toss a 'donation' my way tomorrow night !!!
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!

update..the 'event' is supposed to start around 3Pm and DUMP 4-5 INCHES of 'free nitrogen in soluble white pellets'....

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh !!!

Edited by jaybmiller - 18 Apr 2022 at 6:58am
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2022 at 9:41pm
Blizzard her wen and thur dropped 25" snow rain in between 10deg and high winds fri. Heave snow fall started noon to days out 6" so far.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 5:20am
Just as I thought would be FINE to go outside and do stuff, Mowed Saturday In Shorts, yesterday was wearing heavy jacket then rained, and NOW we get forecast Freeze Warning on Tuesday Morning with more Rain coming Wed/Th with highs near to 80.

I will be SOO Glad when the weather decides what season it is in and STAYS there!!!
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 9:20am

Be happy ya'll gettin something wet, I'm in the highlighted county...long range forecast don't look to good either..
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 12:36pm
 Here in Ohio we started out at 34 degrees and went up to 38 now we are at 33. We have had .34" of rain before turning to snow and it has been snowing long enough that the grass is getting white. Supposed to warm up gradually the rest of the week and hit 80 this weekend.  Sounds like Shameless is involved.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic