This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buying a drone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buying a drone
    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 4:50pm
Been thinking about buying a big one. Any recommendations? One to take pictures of flea markets, festivals, farm steads, etc. I am broke down this week, darn lower back is giving me a real hard time. I dug out my 10's unit and it wouldn't recharge. Had to make a trip to squallmart and pick up a new one. Darn elcheapo shuts off every 15 minutes instead of 1/2 hour like the other 2 I had. Hardly able to stand up. Chiropractor did acupuncture and attempted to pop it. Will head back to him on Monday.
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 4:57pm
gee  used to make tens units...40-45 years ago, wished I'd kept ONE of them.....sigh...
I'm kinda 'missing'  stuff between L3-L4-L5 so I KNOW first hand about 'lower back pain'....
Laying on a hard wooden floor helps, forces you to relax so 'stuff' readjusts a bit. It's trying to find teh uninterrupted time to relax though...seems someone always needs me for somethin.....
25 days until Spring so get better FAST !!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 5:09pm
I've been thinking I'd like to have a drone too. I'd like to have something with infrared capability on the camera though. There are lots of them out there and priced all over the place, and I'm no help at all in figuring out a good one.
 Hope the chiro can get you back in order soon. I spent most of last summer and fall laid up because I tried to line up the 3 point disc to my tractor last spring and actually crushed  one of those t bones down low. I'll be taking time to go get a pry bar from now on.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 5:41pm
The first thing that would happen to one Id see would be brought down with a 12 gauge shotgun , I work construction and they fly them around ,, yeah that's

Edited by DougG - 23 Feb 2020 at 9:01am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 5:48pm
I like the guy who flew his above the intruder, dropped a fishnet on it ! FREE drone !!!

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 5:49pm
CT, do what I did ,converted all my 3pt stuff to Snap-Coupler !!!
OK, I have a 5' rototiller and a landscape rake BUT it's made MY life simpler...well , a bit..

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 6:07pm
All the tools I use now are 3 point, and my current go to tractor is  red and gray(230 Massey) one that never hand snap couple Cry I have in mind , a simple tool to make, to line up that last 1/2 to 3/4 inch on the lift arms, just need to put it together.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 6:17pm
I am lost here. I too would like a drone to follow the planter, sprayer, truck loading, and combine. The Tens unit makes the body feel good for a little while, not unlike a glass of brandy. Now the sore back,,,,,,, I know first hand how bad life can suck!!! when the back gives trouble. So, good luck with the drone, Tens unit, and the sore back.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 6:26pm
I got the shots a couple months back.  First time in a long time I haven't had pain in my back nor sciatica pains in my leg.  I've been so happy!!

I use my utility/farm jack for assisting with three point hook up.

Edited by john(MI) - 22 Feb 2020 at 6:27pm
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 7:32pm
Tom, maybe try this if you haven't, 10-15 minutes each time... lay on floor and set your legs on a chair against a wall. Rest and try relaxing then try pushing against the chair with your feet... Relax again then set your hands on your legs and push against your legs with your hands to stretch your back and wiggle sometimes.
I would post more than a pic like this if some wouldn't go biten their palms with just their thoughts.... LOL

Then there is the cat stretch... Just do it like a cat when it gets up from a nap...  Arch your back, then extend your hands forward and legs backwards and stretch each appendage and get up and go to work. Wink  Here's a simaler pic of it...

Hope some of this helps, it did for me 20 years ago.

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 7:55pm

I'm kinda like ole Doug,,,long as you keep your drone over "your" property then you ain't gonna have to go buy you another one.

Well Chit Jc,,if you talkin bout ole Joe's palms,,,,not to worry,,,I gots callus's a mile deep on em by now,,,,,WinkWink,,,I realy gots to watch it tho,,when you post something like that,,I gots to be careful of hurtin my teeth,,,,,,,ClapClap
 By the way,,,I'm likin thet special white towel under her neck,,,,don't you,,??  It helps keep her UMMMm,,,,,, chest from fallin down too much,,,,WinkClap
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 9:04pm
i'm with Doug on this, there is a "NO DRONE ZONE" above my property. if I see one, it'll have sum bullet holes in it. Tom...I have done the same things as JC describes, and it does help. did it until I found out I had trouble getting back up on my feet again. I now have a lift chair, and when I sit in it and lower it down and out flat, my back usually always pops and things are better afterwards. I still have my tens unit, it makes things feel better for a little while. hope you find some relief
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 10:06pm
SIL bought his son one two years ago. Took it out of the box, took it outside, launched it and never seen it again!

I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 11:00pm
I been thinking about a drone for scouting deer in season.  It'd be great if I could figure out a way to drive them too!  Just sit in the lawn chair and one person drive the drone and the other guy holding the gun!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 1:07am
Guys thanks for the back advice, but if I was to get down on the floor, I'd never get back up. Oldest son will be here tomorrow. He's gonna help me set my inversion table back up then he said he'd put the single phase conversion box on my wheel balancer. I wanted to go to a sale today. The Goodyear dealer was selling out. Old boy has Alzheimer's real bad. But shucks, I couldn't hardly walk. I'm sitting here tonight, old gals heart is acting up again, beating 190 per minute. Might have to run her into the ER again. They had to give her a jump start 3 times last year. She has little green pills to control that, but she refuses to take them. Oh well it usually takes about 1/2 hour to settle down, if it don't slow down by then it's off on a hundred mile round trip. Hope the coffee at the horsepistol is better than last time we were there.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 1:14am
Looks like about $1000.00 bucks will buy a decent unit with a Hasselblad camera attached. It has a range of 3-4 miles depending on which battery is in it. There is a drone website on another farming site. Looks like a lot of info there. The things they are using them for is amazing. They can even take good enough pictures to do population counts in corn. Looks like a lot of crop insurance company's are using them to assess crop damage too.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 9:57am
So far in the last 3 years I have bagged 3 of them damn spies! --- Don't know where they came from ---don't care! ---- IF you got one,--keep it over your own property!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
ocharry View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 10:37am
hey tom,,,i was gona suggest a inversion table,,,but you already got one i see

i love mine ,,when my back gets me down i get on the thing when i get up in the morn for about 10 mins. and at noon for about 10 mins. and then just before bed for 10 min. usually takes about a week to work things out,,,little every day,,,heck couple weeks ago i couldnt hardly walk,,,,and i'll be danged if i know what i did,,,but ol upside down got me straightened out,,,,dang sure wasnt no gittin on a tractor,,,,heck i could hardly get in a dang car

some times i get on it just because,,,mine stays set up all the time,,,i got it so it lets me down to about 20* or so,,not straight down,,,

i will say i love the thing,,,i always thought it was a gimick....but now i am a believer,,,prolly one of the best things i have ever bought 

ocharry 

Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 9:00pm
BIL has a drone and two features it has is auto home. Push one button and it will drive itself back to where it took off from and land. Other neat feature is when the battery gets low it will auto return home before the battery dies on you. Maybe they all have that but I thought that was pretty neat.

For Christmas I bought the grandson three little drones just for inside the house. No camera on these little thinks. They are about the size of a grapefruit in diameter but look like a UFO. Charge them up, then just toss them and they will start up and hover inside the house on their own. If they get too close to something they will move away. They run about 6 minutes on a charge. He loved them and best part they were only $10 each.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 10:10pm
I got a DJI Mavic pro and like it . the new one is Mavic pro 2. realisticly about 20 minutes fly time . I've flew to another farm about a mile away but hurried home, has a lot of features I'm not smart enough to use. Sorry about your back, I had back problems for years. Mine is self inflicted, dirt bikes and motocross.
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic