This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Generac pump, yes or no

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Generac pump, yes or no
    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 9:07am
Looking at buying a Generac 1" pump. Just for occasional use, to fill the tank on pumpkin planter (100 gal) or on a really dry year a 500 gallon tank to water pumpkins. Will use it to pull water from the creek or spring, or possibility a shallow well(10-15' with a check valve at the bottom).

From what I read on their website they are made in Wisconsin, so American made. That's a plus. And price wise they beat Harbor Freight.
Just wondering if anybody has experience with Generac.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 9:12am
I bought a generator set that had that name 30 years ago.. BRIGGS motor, but GENERAC generator.... works great.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 10:29am
we sell generac products and when they started with the pumps we bought a generac     1 1/2 pump and started useing it for pumping used motor oil and when it is cold it works the crap out of  it  ,  that was expected  thats been close to 10 years ago . amaszing little   pump .  its nice to be able to test the things we  sell  and in this case very hard . and you have dealer support 
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 10:04pm
Thanks fellas. Thinking I will probably pull the trigger on it and buy one.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 3:57pm
Don't waste time with a 1"----get the standard 2" and never look back! ---Mine is 2" and I wish it were a 4" instead----even for occasional use bigger is better on water pumps.
Not sure you will get it to prime from 15', BUT will work good in creek. I been using 2 of the 2" pumps at the same time  in the river to fill 1600 gallon tanker to haul to the garden and it takes a long time with them both running flat out.
I can't wast time waiting for tanks to fill.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic