This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gas Prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 26>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Big news this morning on supply chain shortages, the building boom is now in a state of panic as cannot complete what has been started.
Must be a "THERE" thing ? There's probably GOBS of non-lumber building products ;nails/screws, door/window hardware on that ship being held ransom from the Canal ordeal Cry . JMO
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 7:17pm
OH BOY.... Your going to get an ear-full now Grayray !!

Laughing Smiley Emoji GIF - LaughingSmiley Emoji RollingOnTheFloorLaughing GIFs

Edited by steve(ill) - 16 May 2021 at 7:18pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 3:56am
What freegas fails to understand the ship can be held for damages, the cargo cannot as is owned by someone else and was never abandoned to be considered salvage score.

Are reports on other forums that the ship is being off loaded to other carriers.

As to what I noted, IE lumber, steel form materials as studs or structural steel as in Red Iron buildings. Still several US manufacturers(for now) producing higher quality hardware just at limited levels due to employee shortage.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 6:05pm

What freegas fails to understand the ship can be held for damages, the cargo cannot as is owned by someone else and was never abandoned to be considered salvage score.

Are reports on other forums that the ship is being off loaded to other carriers.

As to what I noted, IE lumber, steel form materials as studs or structural steel as in Red Iron buildings. Still several US manufacturers(for now) producing higher quality hardware just at limited levels due to employee shortage.

Please post that the "CARGO" can NOT be held Confused !! Are the Egyptians allowing off loads ?? I'm guessing NOT !! PLEASE don't link YOU TUBE BS reports WinkWink !!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 6:08pm
Gas was $2.78 today at a handful of stations, $2.88 + at the majority of places. E 85 is $2.72 locally Confused .
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Please post that the "CARGO" can NOT be held Confused !! Are the Egyptians allowing off loads ?? I'm guessing NOT !! PLEASE don't link YOU TUBE BS reports WinkWink !!

Look it up for yourself.  Mr Great Giant Brainless.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 5:25pm

[QUOTE=DMiller]What freegas fails to understand the ship can be held for damages, the cargo cannot as is owned by someone else and was never abandoned to be considered salvage score.

Look it up for yourself.  Mr Great Giant Brainless.
I have since your last post on this topic "looked it up" along with several other co-workers/friends. There's NO definitive answer that any of us can find Wink. I'm sticking to the cargo is still on board 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 6:13pm
Take a trip and find out, we need the peace on here returned.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 6:25pm
KEY Point is the Ever Given was NEVER Abandoned, it was NEVER in need of "Salvage" as in NON Powered or needing to be towed INTO a port as it was In One.  THAT in and of itself removes the "Salvors Clause" of ownership of commodities aboard.  Next Up, the "SHIP" and Crew made the damage to the Canal NOT the CARGO where the cargo remains personal property NOT of the Shipping line but Contract customers using transport.  Finally there are plans underway to remove the containers to OTHER ships to send the materials on to "EUROPE", never intended for US Consumers.  Freegass needs more beer as evidently has NOT the capability to research ANYTHING.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 6:36pm
The ship is anchored in the middle of the lake.. I doubt it will be allowed to DOCK and the cargo removed.. Wishful thinking... And removal of the CANS setting in the middle of the lake is next to IMPOSSIBLE.......

They will eventually work out a deal on the $$$ that the ship owes Egypt and then the ship can continue on its way.. Possibly the CAN owners will chip in on the $$$ as they now have SKIN IN THE GAME if  they want their cargo back.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 3:12am
Not hard to swing conex boxes at sea anymore
Many Ships have there own cranes to move them where those as the Ever Given rely on dock side cranes can still be off loaded by another ship.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 6:52am
Seems after all, even though those ships are huge and carry enormous amounts of cargo, that it's still a drop in the bucket compared to the goods that move through the world on a regular basis.  By this time, the ripple has been more less dissipated.  Just my thought.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 9:53am
Paid $2.77 for regular this morning .
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 5:46pm
$ 2.71 WITHOUT any type of "discount"  here this afternoon
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 6:43pm
I "paid" $2.68 this morning at a local WALMART , saw $3.05 5 miles away and then $3.09  8 miles away Confused. There's no rhyme or reason for this  IMOWacko
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 8:40pm
OH... there IS a reason... just no rhyme !!  Wink
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

OH... there IS a reason... just no rhyme !!  Wink
I'm just posting #'s that I saw today Wink .
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 3:49am
A few discount stations around here were selling low cost gas, then the repairs began, buying sludge bottoms fuel at bargain pricing where fuel pumps, fuel filters and other detracting issues erupted, local garages enjoy that added income but the patrons don't. 

Then the other shoe began the drop, many of the discount stations are hanging signage now as to CLOSING, due to high liability costs(BAD Gas) and uncertainty in fuels expenses, a few have older inground tanks that are past due for sampling and surrounding soil testing for leakage.  They are being filled with water as the stations close to keep them from floating out.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 7:11am
$4.48 at the gas dock yesterday.  Won't be much boating this year.  Fortunately, commercial fisherman all buy their fuel at street pumps.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 12:06pm
Not that bad Wink DaveK I payed 4.10 for 87 octane yesterday but the 91 was 4.46, diesel 4.25. An this is one of the low cost places, easy to spend 50 cents to a dollar more out on the hiway.
A real rhyme and reason for the extra $ over fly over country is CARBON TAX.  As well as having to keep up with the east coast rip off.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 6:09pm
I just paid $2.809 at a local Walmart this evening
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 6:16pm
$3.20 in western Illinois last weekend.

FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 6:28pm
Even the Walmart was $2.98 last weekend "here" Ouch, IMO, gouging at it's best Angry
Thanks for the chart Wink

Edited by FREEDGUY - 03 Jun 2021 at 6:29pm
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 6:37pm
Even the Walmarts hit $3.099 this past weekend, but have since came down to $2.929 this morning Geek. It's not a lot, but I'm going to fill up tomorrow  morning Stern Smile .
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 7:33pm
still cheaper than here... $1.25/l to 1.34/l ,so $4.75- $5.05 cdn $ per US G
 it goes up and down about 40 cents per gallon a few times a day so time it right you can save a LOT of cash....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 7:35pm

Even the Walmarts hit $3.099 this past weekend, but have since came down to $2.929 this morning Geek. It's not a lot, but I'm going to fill up tomorrow  morning Stern Smile .

Nice to know the oil companies are not taking advantage of me. LOL I payed 4.09 on the weekend. But I am paying a dollar a gal to save the world in carbon tax on top all the other taxes.Cry And it goes up the 1st of July.Angry
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 9:56pm
Those who came up with and voted for the Carbon Tax can suck the business end of a honey wagon hose.AngryCensoredThumbs Down

Edited by Clay - 09 Jun 2021 at 9:57pm
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

Nice to know the oil companies are not taking advantage of me. LOL I payed 4.09 on the weekend. But I am paying a dollar a gal to save the world in carbon tax on top all the other taxes.Cry And it goes up the 1st of July.Angry

MOVE !!!!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 5:53pm
I paid $2.849 this afternoon at the local Walmart, the BP across the street was $2.869 , this is for regular 
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 8:37pm

Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

MOVE !!!!

Doesn't matter, no matter where you move, idiots will follow, gain (or feign) the majority, and change the laws...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 26>
  Share Topic