This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

G160 for CA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955allisca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G160 for CA
    Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 9:18pm
I just got a g160 engine. Is there anything you can do to these engines for more power? Piston/sleeve kit or possibly flattop higher compression pistons?
Sponsored Links

dgerth View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 10:23pm
I am no guru on AC stuff but I upped the cr to 12.7:1 by changing the pistons and milling them down a mite. Made a 4 -6 mph "giant killer" out of it. We are quite happy with the way it pulls and have the proof hanging on the shop walls. You won't be sorry!!
dan
1955allisca View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955allisca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 6:05am
What kind of pistons did you use? I have a g149 in it right now and it has loads of power I just like overkill I reckon
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 8:16am
After you get it going, travel over my way to pull with us, we need some more 2500 pound tractors. What Dan has done is about all you can do without going the turbocharger route, for that 160 just the way it is works great.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 10:05am
Quick easy HP ?? Use 93 octane gas and advance the timing to 30 degrees BTDC at wide-open throttle. Remove the carb and install the larger 175 venture or swap out for the larger D-19 style carb. Hog out the intake throat above the carb if needed. These two things(D-19 carb and fuel/timing) could add 6 to maybe 10 HP without ever tearing the engine apart.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955allisca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 10:31am
Will flattop pistons clear?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 11:16am
Sure, if they're not too tall. As long as they aren't any taller than the outer edge of the Power Crater OEM pistons they'd be fine.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955allisca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 8:36pm
Does anyone know the measurement from top of wrist pin hole to top of piston on stock g160 piston I think I found some pistons that will work   
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 10:15pm
G-160 piston pin is one inch diameter, not .990" like G-149.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955allisca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 10:41pm
Do you know measurement from top of wrist pin hole to top of piston? I am trying to figure out if these flattop pistons I found will come up as far as the power craters
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic