This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

G hydraulic help needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canadian G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G hydraulic help needed
    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 6:30pm
hi, new here. Blew the front hydraulic hose ( likely original) on my G. Replaced hose. Topped up transmission oil. Now have no hydraulic pressure. Baffled...feel like I am missing something obvious. I use this tractor for cultivating and side dressing cauliflower, onions and sweet corn. Need it back in operation. Suggestions? Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 6:49pm
The PTO needs to be engaged/turned on for the hydraulic to work.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Ted in NE-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted in NE-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 7:54pm
Transmission oil is used for hydraulic system. Uses UTF Universal Transmission Fluid. check at big square plug on left side axel.
CA, WD, C, 3 Bs, 2 Gs, WC, I-400, 914
Canadian G View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canadian G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 5:26am
pto lever up or down to engage hydraulic pump? thanks
Canadian G View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canadian G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 7:26am
ok...crisis averted...cockpit error on my part. When I replaced the hose, I slightly rotated the tee at the pump output. The tee caused mechanical interference with the spring on the valve control rod so I was getting very little rotation of the hydraulic valve. Hard to admit I was that stoopid but my error might help someone else. Btw, lever goes down to engage hydraulic pump. Tractor serial is G5963 I think but I was reading it upside down and backwards while standing on my head. Thanks for the help. The G and I are headed to the cornfield.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 11:59am
Thanks for giving the happy ending. So many ask and never give us the good news of what they did to fix it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic