This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FWA ON EBAY INFO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrylinWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FWA ON EBAY INFO
    Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 10:44am
Just a FYI if anyone is bidding on the FWA on Ebay of Polks. When my friend Bob was there bidding on that tractor a few years ago in Idaho, when he was talking to a few people that knew the tractor, it had a pretty hard life. Bob did crawl under it and said that there was no drive line at the time. Also when he spun the the pinion that he could spin it very freely with 1 finger. Just thought I would give a little info after I talked to him this morning.

Have a great day, Darryl
B 10 Custom. Serial # 1001 D21, First D21 built 69 #4498 and Last D 21 Built #4609. 1946 MM UTU. And 2000, 2005 Pete's. AC custom Hauling.
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 11:46am
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 6:22pm
A few bidders are interested, way out of my range.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 9:23pm
I remember it being advertised for the auctionwith drivetrain parts missing.
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 10:30am
With tires worn that bad I think it is pretty obvious that the thing has had the hell worked out of it. I would think you are looking at a 20000 dollar rebuild after you buy it, way outta my league.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 1:54pm
It's up to $18,600 with just under 2 hr to go.  A couple guys really want that tractor.  Wonder what it will end up at.  I'd never seen Polk buy anything that wasn't green.  Maybe they only come to Colorado for green tractors.
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 1:57pm
Either two guys want it, or one wants it, and one wants to run up the price. Money breeds larceny.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 2:02pm
I considered that GBACFan, but wanted to give them the benefit of doubt.  As someone once said, it only takes one bidder and a good auctioneer!
AllisChalmers37 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisChalmers37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 2:39pm
The reserve is still not met. I wouldn't give half that for it.
1937 WC, 1950 CA, 1959 D14, 1967 190XT, 2006 Ram 3500
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 3:30pm
It just met the reserve at $25 grand with 24 minutes to go.
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 3:54pm
It will be interesting if it actually changed hands.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 4:03pm
I see in the bidding log there were at least 2 people bidding up to 22,000 then the winning bidder hit it again to $25,000, probably to get it over the reserve.  Yes, It will be interesting to see if it does change hands or is relisted on Ebay or elsewhere.  The big question is will it be worth $50,000 after restoration?
427435 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 427435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 4:09pm
Couldn't an 8050 FWA be purchased and restored for $50,000?   Hmm, I know which one I would choose!!
Mark

B10 Allis, 917 Allis, 7116 Simplicity, 7790 Simplicity Diesel,
GTH-L Simplicity

Ignorance is curable-----stupidity is not.
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 4:24pm
Just wondering here,but if the 220 FWA tractor on Ebay was bid up to the reserve,then why wouldn't it trade hands? I could only see this happening,if the person selling it actually wanted more than the reserve and bid it up himself to keep it. Or,is this all just  everyone's thoughts on the matter?  Just asking questions here guys.  Rick
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 4:30pm
Two possibilities, as I see it. There was a buyer, and he had dialogue with the seller to see what the reserve was, matched it, and bought the tractor. The second possibility is the owner (or his shill) was bidding to coax the other bidder along, and jumped his bid to the reserve price at the end hoping bidder #2 would follow, and he did not.
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 4:37pm
 Thanks for your thoughts GBACFan,I appreciate it. I was kinda wondering that myself,in that maybe the seller was trying to lure the other bidder/bidders on. Thanks,again.  Rick
DarrylinWA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrylinWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 4:53pm
Rick

With the comments here and also my thoughts, I think the above pretty well sums it up. Heres a few more Food for thoughts.
Got trigger happy bidding and did not work out well
Polk had someone buy it back for him.

I have talked to Dennis myself over the phone and emailed on a 21 at one time and also saw him in CA at a large yard and just watched him on items. I cant figure him out. I have talked to a few people that have delt with him before and also at his auctions and 9 times out of 10 it is usually more negitive than postive. To me thats a red flag. I have talked to a few over the phone when this was on ebay and there thoughts were the same. Its sad that a person that can find and buy so much tractors almost has a power trip so to speak. Dont want to talk bad about a person but sometimes when a kettle is black, its really black.

Take care, Darryl
It could of changed hands but  I still dont think so
B 10 Custom. Serial # 1001 D21, First D21 built 69 #4498 and Last D 21 Built #4609. 1946 MM UTU. And 2000, 2005 Pete's. AC custom Hauling.
Dave in il View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 4:56pm
Or two were bidding and one wanted it bad enough to bid up to the reserve after the other guy was done.

Does this auction follow the "Their not making them any more" theory where people with deep pockrts pay ridiculess prices for the bragging rights. 
Luke R. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luke R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 5:29pm
who says its a ridiculous price. One person wanted it and thats what he was willing to pay for it. Maybe this person has a complete front end laying aroung to put under it. I watched a 220FWA at an auction bring over $30,000, only had Pto and no 3 point and needed a paint job in my opinion. If that sob was green it would have brought twice that. Just saying that collector tractors like this one dont surprise me with high prices. If i had lots of money just taking up space i would be on my way to pick it up right now, i can tell you that much. Again just my two cents worth!!!!!
4-7030's,170G,220FWA,3-220's,210,D21II,D21I industrial,2-200's,3-190's,175D,2-D19D's,D19G,WD45,WD,CA,2-UCont.,5015FWA,917,B110,Gleaner F
DarrylinWA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrylinWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 5:34pm
Luke  Your at least 10 cents for a good comment like that, maybe more LOL!!!!
 Good point
Take care, Darryl
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 5:59pm
I dont feel bad getting mine for 19,500 at Lennox auction. people thought i was nutz then but i figured it was worth the money.
Luke R. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luke R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 6:17pm
Thanks Darryl, it may not be a good thing, but ive never had a problem speaking my mind!! Its got me in trouble a few times!! LOL
4-7030's,170G,220FWA,3-220's,210,D21II,D21I industrial,2-200's,3-190's,175D,2-D19D's,D19G,WD45,WD,CA,2-UCont.,5015FWA,917,B110,Gleaner F
TerrySWIA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerrySWIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 6:24pm
There are only, so many available. At $25,000 I think you could easily tie up another $20,000  in it. I think to buy a good one you are around $40,000. So whoever bought this if its sold, could take their time and not have to put out the whole $40,000  at one shot. The front end parts are available if you know what you are doing. That front end was used in other equipment. I don't know about the drop box components, that would be about the only thing that would bother me. If anyone on here bought it good luck to you.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 6:26pm
I kind of wonder if Darryl is on to something. They used to show some of Polk's auctions on RFDTV and everything always started at unrealistic prices, but would sell for more money than around here.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic