This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fuel tank liner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fuel tank liner
    Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:48pm
I have a AC 210 that has rust in the fuel tank. Plan on removing tank, having it cleaned out. I have heard of some type of sealant that can be put in tank to stop the rust. Has anyone used this product, what type of success did you have with it?

Sponsored Links

Dans 7080 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:56pm
http://www.valu-bilt.com/search_first.php?sel_manufacturers=0&keyword=red+kote&keyword_new=red+kote&search_from_front=1
I have used this many times with great results. It seals the rust and keeps the moisture out.
Jack(Ky) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack(Ky) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:56pm
We used to make tanks at the shop where I work and we used a product from KBS Coatings in Indiana. It seemed to be a real good product and easy to use. They are on the web.JP
HagerAC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HagerAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 10:27pm
I use Northern Take Liner, and have great results each time.
30+ A-Cs ranging from a 1928 20-35, to a 1984 8070FWA, Gleaner R52
farmtoybuilder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 7:50am
We use red-cote and it works great! Tried some line-a-tank (greenish color) and it was a mess and didn't cover or dry like red cote.
5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   
Boshears Carb & Mag View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boshears Carb & Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 8:09am
I have used RedKote on many of my tanks and my customers tanks and have had very good results. Whatever brand you choose be sure to get all the loose particles and residue out of your tank and be sure it is completely dry before apply your sealer. Many times people don't get the tank prepared correctly and its a lot harder to clean out a messed up coating. I have put it in tanks with baffles and tanks without. After you pour the excess coating back out of the tank remember to keep rolling your tank every 10 minutes or so that way you don't have a puddle on one side of your tank that never does cure.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 8:21am
I used Kream to coat my tank, has held up for 20 years in a Car and over 10 in my CA. It should come as a Kit with good instructionc. don't short cut any ov the prep steps and it lasts a long time. Inside of my CA still a nice white color. It will also seal quite large holes. I had to cut the sediment bulb hole open after sealing the tank it sealed it shut.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic