This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fuel gauge float

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
CORY View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fuel gauge float
    Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 5:54am
Where can you find the new gauges?  I am needing a couple and haven't been able to find any.  Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links

MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 9:09pm
reported
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 4 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
cheapjerseys520 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheapjerseys520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 9:06pm

He has those lined up in his Wholesale Chanel Jewelry new deal as well You spot any team two touchdowns you are not going to Wholesale Cartier Jewelry win It all means that lots of new authentic NFL jerseys will need to be purchased, Wholesale Jewelry and Links of London NFL team merchandise sales will continue at a very rapid paceWe spoke with Colin Crasto, head chef at Dabbawalla, who explained Wholesale Edhardy Jewelry more about their healthy and delicious menu, and how the community has supported them since their opening If there is any team in the NFL that could be considered perfect, this team would fit the bill Wholesale Juicy Jewelry Detroit entered the Wholesale Fashion Costume Jewelry game with only five defensive linemen and three of their starters were out I have included a single lift to take your strength training workout routine to all new heights Eli Manning was having his best game in a couple of monthsThe good Wholesale Links Bracelets thing for all teams and their fans is that this is just week one, and as far as I Wholesale Tiffany Bracelets know, no one is eliminated from the playoffs, except Cleveland, (at least you have LeBron, Opps The Cowboys had a new coach Wholesale Links Necklaces Green Bay ranks second Wholesale D&g Jewelry in Wholesale Swarovski Jewelry the league at 7I Wholesale Lv Jewelry always Wholesale Nfl Jewelry avoid any youth football program run Cheap Wholesale Jewelry by Wholesale Gucci Jewelry someone like this

He'll be splitting carries with Ahmad Bradshaw, Wholesale Pandora Jewelry who is eager to make his mark and potentially earn the starting nod Wholesale Bvlgari Jewelry The Patriots did what they often do it's all Links of London Jewelry right there The Eagles 4th quarter comeback was unbelievable"Long term customers Jennifer and Claudio say they love the food Wholesale Hermes Jewelry and come oftencom to find out The Steelers have not always experienced this type of success though as there was an extended period of subpar play that began Pandora Jewelry Coupons when they first took the field Cheap Wholesale Fashion Jewelry as the Pittsburgh Pirates in 1933, and extended up Discount Pandora Jewelry until the 1970sPittsburgh's five-game losing streak last season was the longest slide for a reigning Super Bowl winner since Wholesale Dior Jewelry the 1987 Giants It was human nature for them to be flat Wholesale Links Jewelry All I heard was "Tressel is a horrible play caller," or "Pryor wasn't in a position to rush enough Now evoking conspiracy theorists that Wholesale Vivien Jewelry he scaled down the Wholesale Coach Jewelry offense so that he could get former Wholesale Tiffany Jewelry coach Wade Phillips firedAnother big name on the move is going to be LaDainian Tomlinson

Cheap Wholesale Tiffany Jewelry
Ryan Renko View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 7:08pm
I know by experiance and agree 100% with CTucker!!! I ordered the float for only $4.00 plus shipping from his link and it was a simple slip it on and put it back in!!! I'm talking about the float. His link has the float you want!! Just like original. Ryan
NICKMI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NICKMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 1:38pm
I used a old wine bottle cork woked good
John D View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 12:38pm
Thanks for the scoop guys! I bought the seal all this morning at O'Reillys ($3.77) and then I saw Charlies idea and called Old Standard. They have it in stock so I now have one headed my way.
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 12:17pm
I've bought SealAll at True-Value and Ace hardware stores, and at Wallyworld. Usually in the paint/adhesives section of the hardware store and the automotive department at Wallyworld. Should also be in auto parts stores but I've not looked there.

Gerald J.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 10:23am

Yeah, I saw your post. I'm thinking that's probably the best way to go. Looks like it's made of something entirely different from cork.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 10:20am
Brian, Just call Kevin at 866-654-2855 and ask for an A-9313-C gas tank float. It's $4 plus the ride.

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 17 Nov 2010 at 10:21am
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 9:59am

Where can Seal All be found? Parts store? I have a really nice original fuel gauge with a cork float that the shellac is coming off. Might be just as easy to recoat it instead of trying to get the kids at O'Really Stupids to find something.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 9:56am
Old Standard Auto Parts has the neoprene float for $4. Call Kevin at 866-654-2855 and ask for an A-9313-C gas tank float.

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 18 Mar 2011 at 9:40am
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Max(ia) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max(ia) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 8:47am
Like Gerald J, used a cork from a Hobby Store, sealed with sealall,  3 yrs working so far...
BobHnwO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobHnwO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 7:12am
I used a Model A Ford float.
Why do today what you can put off til tomorrow.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 6:50am
I cut the float from a Cavalier pump/float unit in half and now both my D-14 gas gages work again!
As long as the 'correct cops' don't stick their heads in the tanks,everythings fine...lol

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 11:43pm
Its not necessarily orignal but my tractors are using cork floats coated with sealall. Large corks can often be bought in good hardware stores. And Sealall keeps gasoline as well as alchohols out of the cork.

Gerald J.
ChuckLuedtkeSEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckLuedtkeSEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 9:53pm
I do have to say that the oreilly float is a weird looking thing, but it has a metal piece on it, that I think the rod will slide right through, and it's a carb float that's made out of plastic, so I think it should last indefinately.   I had the oreillys guys looking for about 45 minutes for it.   They finally gave up and took my number down and called me about 20 minutes after I left and said they found it.   If I were you, I would make them find it first before you go there, as it's some oddball part and they had it hiding somewhere in a weird inventory section. 
1955 WD45 diesel 203322 was my dad's tractor, 1966 D15 23530, 1961 HD3 Crawler 1918, 1966 D17 IV 83495, 1937 WC 41255, 1962 D19 6221
D17 owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D17 owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 9:45pm
Thanks guys! I will have to look into them.
ChuckLuedtkeSEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckLuedtkeSEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 9:28pm
Here is a link to a post on a carb float from Oreillys.   I picked one up but never got it together to finish it. 

1955 WD45 diesel 203322 was my dad's tractor, 1966 D15 23530, 1961 HD3 Crawler 1918, 1966 D17 IV 83495, 1937 WC 41255, 1962 D19 6221
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 9:26pm
Someone posted a while back that a model A Ford gas tank float was the same or close enough to work.
D17 owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D17 owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 9:23pm
 I need a float for a D17 fuel gauge . I rebuilt all the linkage but cant find a float that would work. I see you can buy the whole gauge after I rebuilt it. I was thinking going down to the Eau Claire peterbuilt to see if I can get one there. Any help would be great. Thanks, Eric
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic