This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FTB25-24 Forklift Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Power Wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FTB25-24 Forklift Help
    Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 9:48pm

I was recently "gifted" a Type G, FTB25-24-PS forklift that a renter left behind. 

Serial # is 65032000, so what year is it???

Looking for a parts book and manual for it if available somewhere??

Previous owner said it was coughing and backfiring, so they put in some Tune Up parts (points, condenser, rotor, cap, plugs & wires). That didn’t fix it, so they took the head off to make sure all the valves were moving OK. It all looked good, so they put it back on, played with the propane vaporizer, but just sort of gave up on it before they moved out. It runs a LOT better since I put the plug wires on in the proper firing order, and turned the Bar-B-Q propane tank upside down so it draws liquid.  Everything seems to work, but it has a horrible knock in it somewhere. It even knocks turning over on the starter. It makes the most noise when running the tilt cylinders, so I am thinking the knock might be something loose in the drive/hydraulic system, rather than the engine? Would really like to see a parts breakdown of what could be loose in the transmission before I start to take things apart. Any information or experience with one of these would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Power Wagon - 06 Dec 2018 at 9:51pm
Sponsored Links

Power Wagon View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Power Wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 9:50pm
Cut and paste didn't work in the proper color, so jut highlight the post above to see it
RonnieJones View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonnieJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:10pm
Here you go I always paste in notepad first then copy it.
I was recently "gifted" a Type G, FTB25-24-PS forklift that a renter left behind. 

Serial # is 65032000, so what year is it???

Looking for a parts book and manual for it if available somewhere??

Previous owner said it was coughing and backfiring, so they put in some Tune Up parts (points, condenser, rotor, cap, plugs & wires). That didn’t fix it, so they took the head off to make sure all the valves were moving OK. It all looked good, so they put it back on, played with the propane vaporizer, but just sort of gave up on it before they moved out. It runs a LOT better since I put the plug wires on in the proper firing order, and turned the Bar-B-Q propane tank upside down so it draws liquid.  Everything seems to work, but it has a horrible knock in it somewhere. It even knocks turning over on the starter. It makes the most noise when running the tilt cylinders, so I am thinking the knock might be something loose in the drive/hydraulic system, rather than the engine? Would really like to see a parts breakdown of what could be loose in the transmission before I start to take things apart. Any information or experience with one of these would be appreciated.

RonnieJones View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonnieJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:15pm
This is coming from car experience and I honestly have no idea about this. On GM's 3.8L's the harmonic balancer would go bad and make a terrible racket much like you describe. Flywheels and loose torque converter bolts make a aweful sound to. Other than that I am of no use sorry.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic