This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FTB 30-24 LP forklift #57354

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FTB 30-24 LP forklift #57354
    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 1:11pm
Ok, got spark, 2 items in fuel dept. The Vacuum switch and the Beam 60 LP regulator. I tried to post pics of same can't do it! 
 Will verify what I think should be 12VDC at switch and if it's actually working?  Yesterday after I verified decent sparks at the plug I tried to verify  the vac sw. had voltage or was actually working and the battery died in my volt meter! So I tried  warming up the LP regulator, nothing the engine never hit once!  ( It was cold)
 So w/o any information I'm assuming the V. switch opens or closes, letting LP to the regulator.....then  into the engine to run, Is that about it?  Or is there anything else out there for me to look at? Thanks again
Sponsored Links

skyboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 8:33pm
Blown head gasket between #1 & #2  Sleepy

I'll  advise after I put it together, Does any one know if the fuel regulator 'must" have water running thru it to function? Thanks,.

Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 10:41pm
If you have propane in the system you can start it up without coolant in the regulator but it won't run all that long until the regulator freezes up and it will stall. Do make sure that propane is getting all the way through the system when you say it's not firing. I had one old fork lift where the plunger in the center of the mixer was stuck. This did not allow any fuel through for start up. If you do work on the mixer you have to be extremely careful that the plunger cannot possibly get stuck open. On the particular fork lift I had there was an electric solenoid that gave access to fuel to the system. So, if you're trying but it won't start, and should the plunger be seized and stuck in the open position AND you forget the ignition key in the "on" position... you will have your shop filling up with propane. If it reaches a pilot light or any source of spark you will make headline news from the explosion that will take place. Once I realized that this would be the risk with mine, I hooked up air pressure from my shop compressor to the fuel system on the fork lift. This way when I was doing all my repair work to the propane system I could tell when everything was working the way it should without any risks. Once propane was reconnected it started and ran properly. 
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic