This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Frozen corn on the cob

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frozen corn on the cob
    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 8:41am
Have any of you tried this?
Jenny bought a bunch to try.
We have friends that swear by it.
I’m not sure how she prepared it ?
My job was to vacuum seal.
Sponsored Links

nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 9:17am
When I did that the flavor of the cob drew into the kernel.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 11:02am
If you going to freeze it your delf blance or steam it for 1 minute and freeze.if you cook likeyour going to eat the flavor changes and it gets mushy.if you buy the green giant nibbles just put 2 in a ziplock with a tablesloon of water and microwave takesabout 2 minutes for 2 nibblets
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 2:57pm
I believe she blanched and put in I’ve water first but not sure how long
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 12:50am
last year we boiled the ears for so many minutes, then shaved the kernels off and put in vacuum freezer bags. sure tasted great last winter!
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 6:42am
I freeze some every year. All I do is trim the ends, remove some of the husk, wrap in aluminum foil, and throw it in the freezer. Simple, easy, and fast way to deal with it. Tastes good to me, especially in January/February. I always cook it in the microwave, don't know if that makes a difference.

Edited by IBWD MIke - 17 Aug 2020 at 6:43am
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 7:59am
We do it the same way Shameless does.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 2:22pm
Wife and I never cared for it her brother and his wife love it
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 2:56pm
Frozen corn on the cob?? YUCKITY!!!! ---- tastes like cobs, blanching makes it tase like chit! Why waste freezer space on cobs when you cant eat them?
I cut fresh corn off and either pressure can it, bag it for freezer, or --my favorite way--Freeze-dry it. 
I guess its whatever method you prefer, OR are used to!  Frozen corn on the cob--YUCK! lol!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

We (I) do it that way also, did 24 pints yesterday....I put in bags and set in a cake pan in the freezer overnight before vacuum sealing. It doesn't suck out the juice that way.
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 12:16am
We did it once. Put 6 in a plastic bag with a little water. I told this to a friend who had a restaurant. He told us to bring them in next time and we did. He had a table for us in the middle of the room. All eyes were on us as we dinned with steak and corn on the cob in the middle of winter. It had the cob taste to it, but it was fun.  
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Eldon (WA) Eldon (WA) wrote:

Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

We (I) do it that way also, did 24 pints yesterday....I put in bags and set in a cake pan in the freezer overnight before vacuum sealing. It doesn't suck out the juice that way.
Same way we do it.  It's a pretty good dish when it's below zero outside....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Brian F(IL) Brian F(IL) wrote:

We do it the same way Shameless does.

Oops, my post was in reply to this one, not sure what happened....
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
shimlahills View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shimlahills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 4:40am
Corn is one of the most ‘famous’ cereal grains across the globe. Grown in countless countries worldwide, corn also come in varieties. Ultimately, sweet corn on cob is as healthy as a cereal grain and its rich in fibre, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.  Corn contains approximately 96 calories which is perfect for low calorie diets as well!
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 7:07am
I blanch it for 6-7 minutes and cool it off in cold water then cut it off the cob and vacuum pack it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic