This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

frost

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: frost
    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 7:54am
     We had our first frost here in central Ohio this morning: 27 degrees when I got up and was our over night low. Perfectly clear sky though and no wind.
     I know, not much to talk about compared to you fellows up north. Any reports from up in the snow country? How much do you have?
Sponsored Links

ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 11:31am
Had first frost here yesterday! ---snow flurries the other night.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 11:53am
Fri nite it got to 40-42, last night it was low 50's. going to be in low 80's today, sunny.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 1:02pm
We probably won't get frost until some time in November. At least we're getting just a little bit if rain today.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 1:25pm
No frost in SE MI yet.  Glad you southern folks are enjoying it tho!Big smile
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 4:51pm
We had some spotty frost a few nights ago.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 7:17pm
It has been trying to freeze here for 2 weeks. A few burned grape leaves on the outside of the canopy in the lowest coldest areas. I had frost on the roof but the tomatoes and peper plants are still going strong,only reading 34 under the porch roof.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 10:00pm
We had our first frost Thursday night it left 18" of snow between Thursday night and Saturday. Back up in the mid 30s. Should start to warm up tomorrow.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 10:02pm
We had our 1st one 2 days ago. Grandson had this giant pumpkin vine in the sweet corn patch. It literally took over a 60 x 30' patch.   The vine was laying flat on the ground this morning. Big supprize. There is a huge pumpkin out there we had no idea it was there. Looks like its time to put the snow tires back on the 2x4 pickup and get a new set of snow tires for her Caravan and Grandsons ferd. And put the blade on the old 3/4 ton. Dang I hate winter snow.

Edited by 200Tom1 - 13 Oct 2019 at 10:06pm
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 6:43am
Got exactly the same as Ray here.  Dang, I cannot believe those late tomatoes here.

I have given a ton of them away, well maybe a little sort of a ton.  Confused
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 8:06am
Dang that's cold for where you are at Ray. You need to let Alex the Occasional (clap, clap) Cortex know that her Green New Deal is already having way to much effect. Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 11:51am
Wink That's why I have to report to the great heartland. LOLWe grow enough Fruits and Nuts to supply the whole country Confused but the east coast salt air cannot help but compete with the west coast salt air nut jobs. Wink I have this theory that it must be salt air that makes normal people become wack jobs.LOL Seems to hold true on both east and west coast.Confused

I can take you less than a mile from my door and with a little Shameless behavior sample  some citrus fruit.But every year that there are records for we can find a day the temp has been down to the low 20's and most into the teens a time or 2.LOL Mostly you think mountains and cold Wink but here it is warmer on top the coastal mountains.Confused Warm air rises so valleys are colder as cold air sinks. But if I go to the west get within a mile or 2 of the big salt water you are on the north edge of the avocado and citrus growing region. Of course there exceptions to everything,and in the good old days Wink them nasty farmers would burn tires and all manor of stuff like drain oil to warm the little patches of warm liking trees.LOL
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 12:47pm
79 degrees and sunny here . I've worked up a sweat doing yard work in my Liberty overalls . I'm ready for some frost . Don't want any ice . A little snow would be ok . Thanks
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 2:41pm
We have had a light frost Saturday night and they are calling for 32 for tonight, north central Ohio
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 7:43am
After a couple of days of farting around with some tint on the fringes and spotty, it got down to 29-30 this morning and frosted hard.  At least my corn will be dry enough to go through the chopper spout now.
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 9:23am
Locally our "first" frost was - sometime in late September, not sure the exact date. In some parts of the Adirondacks first frost is typically in mid- to late-August.
The earliest first snow (precipitation, there was no accumulation) I ever recorded here was September 13th, back in the early 70s.
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 1:12pm
Wink That's why I have to report to the great heartland. LOLWe grow enough Fruits and Nuts to supply the whole country..........

Are we talking CROPS or PEOPLE ?? LOL   Thumbs Up
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 3:55pm
[QUOTE=steve(ill)] Wink That's why I have to report to the great heartland. LOLWe grow enough Fruits and Nuts to supply the whole country..........

Are we talking CROPS or

Wink kind of peopleLOL

But we are number 1 in almonds & walnuts and do all right in apricots, cherries,peaches,plums,pears,apples,oranges,lemons,and avocados.LOLLOLLOL Plus all the fresh vegetables in winter when someone is covering you with "pretty".

Edited by Ray54 - 15 Oct 2019 at 4:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic