This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friends,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Friends,,,,,
    Posted: 12 May 2021 at 11:52am

As we are all painfully aware, the political climate in our country just continues to grow and get worse and worse almost by the day. This just aggravates some people's feelings to no end and they start lashing out at who they perceive is the cause of their problems.
 On April 17, 2021 at 4:51 Am, I got a first hand taste of such an example when a member lashed out at me for no obvious reason but wanting to make a Hateful statement about "Wetbacks". I have lived with that term all my life and NEVER expected to hear it here! The next thing that followed is that guy in California wants to make excuses for this person not understanding "Political Correctness"  I CALL BS, BS!! Never mind that "I" was on the receiving end of the name calling. That person knew EXACTLY what he was saying and fully understands what and how the term is used.
 Both Shameless and TBone supported me and posted their feelings on the matter and I want to THANK them for doing so. Same for Thad and his concerns.
 I have been on this forum for a good many years and made some great friends along the way and will cherish all the knowledge I got here,,,I didn't know CHIT about tractors when I got here.,,most of ya'll remember,,,I expect I will land on another tractor forum, if they'll take me.
 Having said all this,,I am moving on,, as remaining here will only force some to make a decision they prolly don't want to, or should even have to.
  Syonara, my Friends, Adios, and many Happy Trails to all.
Sponsored Links

KMAG View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 12:26pm
Or just opt out of the politics section.

This website is for enjoying old tractors.    

As a long-term poster, it would be a shame to lose your tractor knowledge/experience to help newer owners.

Edited by KMAG - 12 May 2021 at 12:35pm
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 12:41pm
Im glad you stopped by Joe.. Been wondering what happened..  I remember the post and some of the comments.. I agree the original comments was not in good taste.  I read some of the responses and had a different take than you.  Those that live near the "border" take the immigration down there more serious than some up North might. Thats what i read into it... I live near Chicago and Black Gun Violence is a REAL PROBLEM here.. That might not be a major concern is  Nebraska or Wyoming ??   

Step back and look again my friend. Nobody was CONDONING what was said... just that the UNDERSTAND the frustration of  farmers and ranchers who live right on the border... That does not "forgive" what was said.... just that it hits home with some, more than others.

Hope you look at this again and stay with us. Personally i enjoy all of your posts and opinions.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by KMAG KMAG wrote:

Or just opt out of the politics section.

This website is for enjoying old tractors.    

As a long-term poster, it would be a shame to lose your tractor knowledge/experience to help newer owners.
Pretty sure it was NOT in the political section....I could be wrong.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Im glad you stopped by Joe.. Been wondering what happened..  I remember the post and some of the comments.. I agree the original comments was not in good taste.  I read some of the responses and had a different take than you.  Those that live near the "border" take the immigration down there more serious than some up North might. Thats what i read into it... I live near Chicago and Black Gun Violence is a REAL PROBLEM here.. That might not be a major concern is  Nebraska or Wyoming ??   

Step back and look again my friend. Nobody was CONDONING what was said... just that the UNDERSTAND the frustration of  farmers and ranchers who live right on the border... That does not "forgive" what was said.... just that it hits home with some, more than others.

Hope you look at this again and stay with us. Personally i enjoy all of your posts and opinions.
True enough......but.....it didn't take much to see how Joe was taking it, and to have issued some sort of attempt at apology or clarification.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 12:47pm
Joe, 

So very sorry to see this.  Perhaps you shall never see this, but on the chance you do, I will miss you sincerely.  
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 6:09pm
That really sux Joe.  I guess that is why there is such a heavy push for PC.  It just doesn't take that much intelligence to not say that kind of thing. Obviously, the person making the comments are below that point of intelligence.  Just mark it up to ignorance and don't bother any conversation where the dummy is involved.  There is no reason to go, but I can only imagine how you must feel.  You're about the only good story teller on here anymore Joe, what'll we do without you?  Please reconsider. 

And remember.  if a certain someone apologizes, they must do it for 30 days in a row for comments made on the internet so as to insure everyone sees it!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 8:25pm
I'm sorry to hear your going Joe! Try and come back after a breathing spell!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 8:51pm
Joe, very sorry to have you leave the Forum. I always try to read your posts and have even poked at you every now and then as well as others on here but I sincerely hope I have not been offensive to anyone. Sometimes you have to consider the source and just let it slide off. As klinemar said "try and come back after a breathing spell."
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
JTOOL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTOOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 10:08pm
@desertjoe; My first thought is something like "Sticks and Stones...", but when I step back and reflect, I realize that the most painful wounds that I have endured have been inflicted by words; and there's not much that can be done about that. They can't be band-aided or stitched. They can't be splinted or put in a cast. There is no aspirin or ibuprofen that makes them go away. I'm sorry that this member hurt you; but, I hope that you realize what a blessing that you are to the rest of us. I really enjoy your posts. I really enjoy your wisdom. I hope that you'll reconsider leaving if for no other reason than that we need more Chevy men on here. God bless you and all of those that you hold dear. 
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 10:16pm
OH MY,,, I went and searched and read the post,,, agree the slang should have not been used,, but, well,,uhh,, 
just take a day or two off Joe,, sure hate to see ya leave
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 7:21am
Joe I wouldn’t know you if you walked in my door right now but yet I consider you a very dear friend. I truly hope you feel the same and I believe you do.
I’m speaking as a construction worker at the moment. We’re a rough cut batch we’re rude and crude and we say things we shouldn’t through this we become thick skinned and callous. Not a good way to be but it happens. I’ve been a sinner all my life . Forgiveness is my only hope in this life and sure enough my only hope to move on in to the next life. The greatest gift ever given to me is forgiveness and I pray I to shall be a forgiven as I have been forgiven.
When someone does me in a way which is wrong I try to consider the source and don’t give any value to the opinion of that source. If it’s someone of whom I do value their opinion well then I pray for the ability to forgive that person.
It doesn’t come natural for a fat Irish one eyed redneck but it’s what is expected of me and the only thing that will set my ill feelings free and bring peace to my heart.
Love ya brother
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 7:45am
Joe, if you happen to read this as the old saying  goes, so long it has been good to know you.  Peace brother.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:53am
Joe, please reconsider your decision to leave.  I think you add value to our group and would hate to see you leave forever.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:01am
Ain't going to be the same. Your one of the ones that hold this bunch together.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:28am
Been thinking about this issue.

Joe, how can you take the compliments (derogatory remarks) and use that as a basis to unadz the AO?  Ken has made sh$t head and derogatory remarks before?

if you are reading this think about it that way Joe.

Why befriend me?

And I do think it is past time that the mod puts Ken's butt out into never never land.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:48am
Sorry I offended you Joe. I don't claim to be able to express myself with a key board. But was not thinking in terms of race or color. If you had ever made comment on your ancestry I was dense and missed it. Just thought of you as conservative and frugal like most here. 
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Dave H Dave H wrote:

Been thinking about this issue.

Joe, how can you take the compliments (derogatory remarks) and use that as a basis to unadz the AO?  Ken has made sh$t head and derogatory remarks before?

if you are reading this think about it that way Joe.

Why befriend me?

And I do think it is past time that the mod puts Ken's butt out into never never land.
I must be out of touch lingo wise. . . huh?  I'm lost.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 3:21pm
I really dont remember Ken making a "LOT" of derogatory remarks ?? ..... anyway, he left 6-7 days ago . Has not been on the site for a week.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 3:39am
WHAT????? JOE...you listening to me??? you gits yer fat a$$ back here or i'l reach thru this puter and grab you...pull you back....and slap you up side the noggen! PffffT! that;s just not right! i spose i gotta quit looking for that rear bumper now huh? it was giving me a purpose! oh....man....i'm steaming now...DUDE....if i gotta call you...it ain't gonna be purty! you have been the closest thing to a real live brother to me than the stockholders. and i spose the chevy/allis is gonna be for sale again? this just fries my gonads!   
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 6:05am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

this just fries my gonads!   

Gold bond is supposed to help with that 😁😁. Sorry.... I'll be in my corner shutting the hell up now
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 7:06pm
Sorry to read that Joe is leaving, always enjoyed his post’s, praying for his wife.
Hope in time Joe returns, Lonn returned so there is always hope.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 7:36pm
Joe, I hope you don't leave on account of one person. I enjoy reading your posts and count you as an allis friend.
Please stay on here.
Mike
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Joe I wouldn’t know you if you walked in my door right now but yet I consider you a very dear friend. I truly hope you feel the same and I believe you do.
I’m speaking as a construction worker at the moment. We’re a rough cut batch we’re rude and crude and we say things we shouldn’t through this we become thick skinned and callous. Not a good way to be but it happens. I’ve been a sinner all my life . Forgiveness is my only hope in this life and sure enough my only hope to move on in to the next life. The greatest gift ever given to me is forgiveness and I pray I to shall be a forgiven as I have been forgiven.
When someone does me in a way which is wrong I try to consider the source and don’t give any value to the opinion of that source. If it’s someone of whom I do value their opinion well then I pray for the ability to forgive that person.
It doesn’t come natural for a fat Irish one eyed redneck but it’s what is expected of me and the only thing that will set my ill feelings free and bring peace to my heart.
Love ya brother
Now I know Thad.....YOU'RE Irish too!!  But I gots both eyes.....and the fat and redneck fit.....
I've been gone so long I didn' know anything about this.  So,,,,,,,,,,,,yep, I had to go take a look see and I'm sorry to say it was uncalled for and especially on our 'family' site.  Now I've gotta go back and read the new message that Joe says he's back.  I sure hope so too!!!  Won't be the same without him!
I just have GOT to try and get on here more!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 2:38pm
Yes , ssad not to see ols Joe's post when I come on here. Hope he reconsiders 
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 10:00pm
well, I'm glad I missed that squabble, and really sorry to see Joe leave. hopefully, he will reconsider
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic