This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wd sleeve

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmartin55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wd sleeve
    Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 8:52pm
can someone tell me ..what the size of the out side of the sleeves of a wd is..i  have frend  wanting to put  cummins pistons in  my old wd motor ...thanks
Sponsored Links

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 9:03pm
Don't know what they are but there are 3 different diameters. The shoulder, the main body and the o-ring OD.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
bmartin55 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmartin55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 9:18pm
would like all  measuremets on the out of the sleeve..tks
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 9:36pm
4.75" top flange
4.530" top counterbore
4.475" bottom counterbore

The barrel or the sleve below the top counterbore that is exposed to the water jacket varies with manufacturer.

When I make the overbore sleves to fit in a stock block I shoot for a 4.520" barrel to leave as much material as possiable but allow it to be installed in the block easy. They'll take 4.28" bore easy and probably 4.310 fine depending on piston position at stroke bottom.   The bottom counterbore of 4.475" limets the bore size used without block work. Stock sleves have the o-ring grove there. There's a few different o-rings used depending on manufacturer, some use a thinner o-ring for more sleve material there. Most od the aftermarket 4.125 bore sleves will take a 4.185" bore without any issue.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
bmartin55 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmartin55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 10:18pm
thanks wi50  ...Wink  wouild u like to do a  e  motor  some time for me ..thanks  will give u my number some time....   gblu
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 8:16am
Those little motors with 5 inch factory bore spacing have alot of potential   we bore 5.063 and use a 5.065 outside bore sleeve . The head allows you to bore the head bolt holes to 5/8 without hitting water but with that large of bore the water holes have to be pluged as well in the bottom of the head cause the bore gets over into them and you need a flat surface for the fire ring . The head bolt holes being enlarged hellps with relocating the studs so there not into the sleeves as well.
michaelwis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 8:22am
DONT mismeasure    
WD WD45 DIESEL D 14 D-15 SERIES 2 190XT TERRA TIGER ac allcrop 60   GLEANER F 6060 7040.and attachments for all Proud to be an active farmer
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 2:52pm
"outside bore sleeve" Been around a shop and machine tools for 40 years and never heard of an outside bore sleeveErmm
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

"outside bore sleeve" Been around a shop and machine tools for 40 years and never heard of an outside bore sleeveErmm

Like spankanomics, but spankalanguage... Outside bore, forged cast rods..

I think we should rename eddies speed shop to eddies stroke and poke. Stroken and pokin the keyboard, it's what we do best, cause we sure dont know how to run a machine.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 3:03pm

never hear od outside diameter and id inside diameter.   some people just walk in and say hello at machine shops and its evident  which ones they are  cause they cant do machine work . cause they would have to remove their nose from a dictionary to do any work.

Edited by mlpankey - 29 Mar 2013 at 3:06pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

never hear od outside diameter and id inside diameter.   some people just walk in and say hello at machine shops and its evident  which ones they are  cause they cant do machine work . cause they would have to remove their nose from a dictionary to do any work.

So what is outside bore sleeves? Machinists turn OD's and bore ID's but I suppose if you're backwoods enough, you could bore an OD if that's what you want to do. I have real pictures of some of my machining work. What do you have pictures of besides welding a front pulley to balance the crankshaft?
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 5:14pm
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 5:25pm
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 5:42pm
Showing off your employers tools? Pic was posted before when you tried to lie about makeing pistons.
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 6:06pm
I remember that, Rod! No, he's taking " orders" for Ross pistons, trying to act like he's a Ross dealer.. It's funny, cause there are too many people who know he's lying about THAT too...People know each other, Pank . People know each other...
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 6:12pm
They sure do know each other and talk about who's full of BS. Like getting Ray to order your parts for you or begging to take pics when someone's machining your block for you.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 8:13pm
c tucker said he wanted to see something i machined so i replied . it would be nice if some could read.

Edited by mlpankey - 29 Mar 2013 at 8:16pm
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

They sure do know each other and talk about who's full of BS. Like getting Ray to order your parts for you or begging to take pics when someone's machining your block for you.
what? 
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by THE-MAN THE-MAN wrote:

I remember that, Rod! No, he's taking " orders" for Ross pistons, trying to act like he's a Ross dealer.. It's funny, cause there are too many people who know he's lying about THAT too...People know each other, Pank . People know each other...
since you are the man in the know tell me whos motors ive done and are doing . you will also know that i sold dakin arias pistons and my personal build i used j and e . barney and ray both ross dealors as well either one can vouch for that so i dont need someone to order my parts i do well at finding useful part numbers . infact i do so well at it that most of you guys pen the part numbers i post  down and repost them as your own after trying to comvience others they dont work. believe me if getting a set of pistons to cut cost for a guy from a fellow dealor is a issue . i will just order from the factory as i have in the past cause its nothing to me cost gets past on. price in cost being a dealor of all three instead of reducing cost purchasing soley from one .  you guys should be thinking me for posting old build part numbers for it takes hours online and measuring researching to find manufactures and then the manufacturer or warehouse with the best deal.  Then machining to fit when installing or opertaing clearances once it arrives like sleeve stock and valve guide stock .

Edited by mlpankey - 29 Mar 2013 at 8:49pm
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 8:44pm
Musta hit a good nerve. Nice long explanation trying to cover your butt..
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 8:53pm

nope no nerve hit just tired of the scoffers and liers using my knowledge and work for free . just pull all my work back to my shop not share purchasing power with anyone and cost well be passed along . you would think anyone could call a piston manufacture give them the bore size ring sizes and placement along with wrist pin size but you will be surprised at how many on here either cant or wouldnt and that to eliminates purchasing power quantities

Edited by mlpankey - 29 Mar 2013 at 9:01pm
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 9:02pm
$650 for a $500 set of pistons with the wrong size wrist pin with half down. Why if you're selling so many would you want half down? Keep them in stock.

Better order them with a .990" pin so they fit.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 9:06pm
Here's a bit of my machine work, this one runs better than spankeys imaginary engines.

Couple guys on here seen this baby run..

Spunky that's a nice piece of aluminum ya got there in the lathe, serious turning there man....
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

nope no nerve hit just tired of the scoffers and liers using my knowledge and work for free . just pull all my work back to my shop not share purchasing power with anyone and cost well be passed along . you would think anyone could call a piston manufacture give them the bore size ring sizes and placement along with wrist pin size but you will be surprised at how many on here either cant or wouldnt and that to eliminates purchasing power quantities

No one wants your knowledge, and thank god it's free... It's worthless.
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 9:12pm
Pank, as I remember, dakins motor blew up or had catastrophic problems.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 9:14pm

$650 for a $500 set of pistons with the wrong size wrist pin with half down. Why if you're selling so many would you want half down? Keep them in stock.

Better order them with a .990" pin so they fit.
if you can get pistons pins and rings for 500 then you need to get them. rings run about 30 a hole around here
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 9:17pm
Wow. Moly 1/16, 1/16 x 3/16 rings in 4.125 bore can be bought for as little as $60 and up for 8 cyl set. That's $8 a hole round here.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 9:20pm

Wow. Moly 1/16, 1/16 x 3/16 rings in 4.125 bore can be bought for as little as $60 and up for 8 cyl set. That's $8 a hole round here.
total seal gapless really they are on sale at summit for 229.00 for a v8 set.

Edited by mlpankey - 29 Mar 2013 at 9:23pm
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 9:28pm
post the supplier for total seal gapless rings at that price rod so your not just talking .
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 9:29pm
Burned holes In the pistons or something..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic