This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Counterweighted crank

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

Dont tell anyone in formula one that a flat plane crank cant turn rpms without vibration . You can youtube renault and toyota on the dyno twisting 20 g with a flateplane crank.

Yup, they sure can turn it, with a 1.56 stroke and counterweights ...
Sponsored Links

WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 4:32pm
Why you dogging the counter weighted crankshaft ? It's Inertia Panky !
Allis fan for life !   B,C,2-WC'S,WD45G,D19G,190xt ,LLSS 8010, terra tiger refurbished
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 5:17pm
Its more the overlap and the center axis lw.wild bill the inertia can be a problem on a accelerating and decellerating crank .moment of inertia.

Edited by mlpankey - 24 Feb 2013 at 5:36pm
WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 5:59pm
Those are chances you must take ? It's about winning ! If I had a weighted crank and it blew apart after 10 pulls but I won 5 or 6 pulls. Bet ur a$$ I will put another in. I 'm far from perfect but the counterweighted crankshaft is on my bucket list for my llss as soon as I can find a decent cylinder head first. I go back through some of your posts and find you talk your way out? I'm on here to figure out missing info and just love the picks some of the people post. You might piss some of these fellers off of the moderator the we have a page like THE FEW PROUD ORANGE. ( nothing ). Yeah I'm still upset about that . R
Allis fan for life !   B,C,2-WC'S,WD45G,D19G,190xt ,LLSS 8010, terra tiger refurbished
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 6:06pm
If you want to waste money on a counterweighted crank its your dime. I spend my dimes on more pertinent power advantages.
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 6:36pm

If you want to waste money on a counterweighted crank its your dime. I spend my dimes on more pertinent power advantages.

That's another fine example of panknomics. By spending $2000 to weight the crank it should last hundreds of runs in one of these engines provideing something else doesn't fail and junk the crank.

By saveing the $2000 and not weighting the crank it should fail rather quick and junk a bunch of other engine parts when it goes. Then one could beat their chest and tell others how much power they think they had cause the parts just couldn't withstand the force poor engineering caused on them.

It's kind of like pank's failed attempts at engine building. We don't ever see any of his stuff run, he doesn't have the balls to put anything togather and show us. Hence his "keyboard commando" status.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 7:05pm
Hey guess what... My snow machine just ran for another 400 miles this weekend, it too has a counterweighted crank and turns 8000 rpm's with no vibration. Wow how does that work??? Panky you really are the poster hold for birth control.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 7:16pm
I would spend the 2000 on a drysump and 100 to lighten the crank.
unstylish_ View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 7:16pm
Keep lying to yourself and us Pank. You dont do $hit
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 7:17pm
Hey Daffy, if your crank is "lighter" does it make the same size hole when it tosses a rod out the side? I suppose that would depend whether you had a cast iron forged rod or a billet rod and depend also on how many lightening holes you drilled in the rod .
 I'm sure your rpm would also play a part if you had an engine that ran, that is.

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 24 Feb 2013 at 7:21pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 7:20pm
Its the same kids and a different forum same topic and they still havent learned. They just move to another forum trying to impress the lesser educated. Its not working on here either you may need to go back to the case or moline sites.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

Hey Daffy, if your crank is "lighter" does it make the same size hole when it tosses a rod out the side?
never tossed a rod out the side. Never had any mains break or the bearings show detonation either.however detonation will require some heavy main caps to keep the crank from pushing out the bottom.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 7:25pm

never tossed a rod out the side. Never had any mains break or the bearings show detonation either.however detonation will require some heavy main caps to keep the crank from pushing out the bottom.

Of course not, you don't have an engine that runs, how could you toss a rod?
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

Of course not, you don't have an engine that runs, how could you toss a rod?
never seen you rob andy or martys stuff run the keyboard amigos naw stooges is better.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 8:02pm
Zou je kunnen zeggen dat in het Engels? Confused
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 8:22pm
However, we can all go out and start up a competitive tractor right now. The only think competitive around you is the line people get in to put you down. Amigos don't bother me any. I've made friends on this forum. That's alot more than you can say anywhere.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 8:06am
Originally posted by unstylish_ unstylish_ wrote:

However, we can all go out and start up a competitive tractor right now. The only think competitive around you is the line people get in to put you down. Amigos don't bother me any. I've made friends on this forum. That's alot more than you can say anywhere.
not really if its not a allis its just a imatation all mine are allis.

Edited by mlpankey - 25 Feb 2013 at 8:07am
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 8:53am
Meanwhile in pankyville..... tractors ran and power was made.... Soap opera.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 9:02am
Bahahaha glockhead. Prankster, you try to rally behind "orange" and earlier "us Allis guys" but I just don't see anyone else that thinks too much of you. I mean, someone might like you.... For a few conversations, but the more people I share these links with, the more people think of you as the buffoon who won't leave a nice forum alone.

Edited by unstylish_ - 25 Feb 2013 at 9:03am
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 10:22am
get on your moline and ride . are you color blind and cant tell the difference in orange and gold. wipe your nose and quit crying cause cranky posted and made you look bad before your face freezes like that.

Edited by mlpankey - 25 Feb 2013 at 10:24am
WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 10:32am

Mean while back at the ranch. pankster is all worried on accleration and deceleration of the counterbalanced crank shaft breaking Is what i got from his post but here's the question Pank if you installed a counter weighted crankshaft and found you earned 20 + feet from the last time you pulled wouldn't you run the crank? I find that what ever a person builds it takes a driver also meaning not to snuff it to many times or none at all and to not drop clutches at take off. ( DRIVER CAPABILITES)   other great expamples is steam shows prove the inertia on counterweighted crankshafts. Ottowa played with counter weighted cranks to prove effeicency under load running accessories running a consitant increased torque load. (not hammering while loaded and taking out what ever it is running. back to the idea it is proven just a bit more challenging with multiple cylinders.  all replys on Martys crankshaft is a Hit !  except for you panky ?  jealous? I am, and wish I  had the equipment to Machine parts but my pocket book not that full. To all who posted good info Thanks Guys ! 

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by WildBill WildBill wrote:

Mean while back at the ranch. pankster is all worried on accleration and deceleration of the counterbalanced crank shaft breaking Is what i got from his post but here's the question Pank if you installed a counter weighted crankshaft and found you earned 20 + feet from the last time you pulled wouldn't you run the crank? I find that what ever a person builds it takes a driver also meaning not to snuff it to many times or none at all and to not drop clutches at take off. ( DRIVER CAPABILITES)   other great expamples is steam shows prove the inertia on counterweighted crankshafts. Ottowa played with counter weighted cranks to prove effeicency under load running accessories running a consitant increased torque load. (not hammering while loaded and taking out what ever it is running. back to the idea it is proven just a bit more challenging with multiple cylinders.  all replys on Martys crankshaft is a Hit !  except for you panky ?  jealous? I am, and wish I  had the equipment to Machine parts but my pocket book not that full. To all who posted good info Thanks Guys ! 

you should pull sometimes . you should also see what having throttle responce does
WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 1:19pm

ok pankster I need a vacation to tenn. there Is a few cool things there ,not you.. First i will stop at JACK DANIELS distillery then turn on some Kenny Chesney and head to your place. Answer the question I asked dildo.  You sure liked to copy it and not reply . again would you run it if you gained 20+feet everytime ???  no avoiding it Mitch  . BTW you always avoid peoples question especially Rods ?  where is the pics of this guys special conn rods ?  you never did have them and Rod is correct !  back to your comment what if you have a govenor rule ? accelertation why ? Or horn rule ? Not everyone on here runs an outlaw class? We have a local guy here with a  stroked and counterweighted crank on an H and that thing sure lugs when you think it should puke under mph rules ran it all last season. And compared to other H's its no match.  For f sakes My boxer listens better.  heres your lolli pop and fruit snacks. 

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 1:29pm
the crank wither it has counterweights to absorb bad frequencies by its mass or uses (overlap ) larger journals to stiffen and though attenuation rid bad frequencys isnt going to make it pull tweenty feet further . if you had have asked a realistic question I would have taken the time to answere.  Hp is what makes it pull further and a crank absorbing motion due to its mass isnt going to make the hp one that isnt absorbing motion but reacting to does.

Edited by mlpankey - 25 Feb 2013 at 1:31pm
WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 1:33pm

what !!!   cant believe you wrote that ?  I'm now with unsylish villiage idiot

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 1:37pm
WildBill, dontya just want to slap him like the little bitch he is? 
WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 1:39pm

Pankey you are the villiage idiot..   i'm done and making any replys to you..  Btw the inertia on the counterweighted crankshaft makes (HP).

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 1:45pm
Here is what you should ask if you want to ask questions. Ofcoarse they wouldnt be directed to me. What hp were you making at the flywheel when damaging non counterweighted cranks . What was the frequency and time intervals between rebuilds . How much hp is being made at the flywheel with the counterweighted heavier mass crank . Frequency and intervals between builds .

Edited by mlpankey - 25 Feb 2013 at 1:46pm
WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 1:46pm

Unstylish your so correct. Sorry I had to list you unstylish but you seem to understand were dealing with a Good example of a stool specimen at the special learning center.

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by WildBill WildBill wrote:

Unstylish your so correct. Sorry I had to list you unstylish but you seem to understand were dealing with a Good example of a stool specimen at the special learning center.

Here is what you should ask if you want to ask questions. Ofcoarse they wouldnt be directed to me. What hp were you making at the flywheel when damaging non counterweighted cranks . What was the frequency and time intervals between rebuilds . How much hp is being made at the flywheel with the counterweighted heavier mass crank . Frequency and intervals between builds . This would be examples of did the counterweights solve issues or did the loss of hp solve issues or was they really a issue at all . Or just the thought of doing something for no apparent reason than maybe someone told him to

Edited by mlpankey - 25 Feb 2013 at 1:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic