This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

thinking topfuel machining on 226

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 6:53am
As i said once before I will say again if the cranks is welded completly with journal wire and not done with a softer wire in the radius the crank can not flex and it will have stress cracks in it after some runs and is usually found at same time the mains being pulled or broken is found. May take dye penetrant to find stress cracks but you know its cracked or had bad weld jobs to begain with if it want ring through .
Sponsored Links

cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 6:54am
There is a lot to learn in an arguement, if one person knows what he is talking about. You can figure out who this person fairly quickly. I have put togeather a tractor off this forum, just dig through the arguements and find the good stuff.
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 7:06am
You can get on gleasons crank welding site and they will tell you the advantages of a two wire welder and even sell welding wire kits for specific crank hardnesses. Thats how simple it is to know whom knows what they are arguing about and who doesnt.  Enternet is full of information if your not to lazy or simple minded and always have to be right over on person to use it and learn from it.  majority of four cylinder cranks have the two center journals down at the same time.

Edited by mlpankey - 21 Dec 2012 at 7:15am
unstylish_ View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 9:29am
Yes but they aren't 6"+ stroke with extremely high compression. I just think somewhere in that range is the limit of a stock bottom end, and or that cast iron composition.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 9:46am
aliis 226 cranks are forged .I do not know the compression ratio Jr. runs I know he made a comment to one that it takes building alot for others to keep him pulling regurlarly due to some reliability issues and didnt expand on what those issues where for him.  In my experience issues with cranks and mains go away when cranks get welded and balanced properly by me and its not just opinion its experienced from trial and error.

Edited by mlpankey - 21 Dec 2012 at 9:53am
Breeze View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 9:49am
"Think about it this way, moderator, its an Awsome site and a great forum. But, not one person has a gun to their head, and is being forced to read this thread. So to all the people who have nothing better to.do other than complain, DON'T READ IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT!!!!
Andrew Curry"
Andrew the political section label even says "no lifeguard on duty", but it still drew complaints. see below
Forum
Politics (10 Viewing)
enter at your own risk, no life guard on duty

Edited by Breeze - 21 Dec 2012 at 9:49am
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Carl(NWWI) Carl(NWWI) wrote:

Link from Wi50.
speedtalk

What is your expected turn around time at pank's cranks?

If I send one to your adress will you post step by step pictures while you stroke it?
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 12:31pm
So is that why this last rotating assembly didnt break? You did the welding and balancing yourself? Well, I guess when the governor weights broke on your tractor and it instantly jumped from 3k to 6k UNDER A LOAD, the acceleration was so fast and it happened so quickly, that the rotating assembly didnt have time to break, only bend..lol
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

Link from Wi50.
speedtalk

If I send one to your adress will you post step by step pictures while you stroke it?
Shure
typical machine shop answere is always two weeks to get you to leave it . doug taught me alot over the years. So inquizitive on my knowledge you follow me on all the automotive sites. Well at least your getting smarter maybe the rest will follow.

Edited by mlpankey - 21 Dec 2012 at 7:30pm
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

Link from Wi50.
speedtalk

Shure
typical machine shop answere is always two weeks to get you to leave it . doug taught me alot over the years. So inquizitive on my knowledge you follow me on all the automotive sites. Well at least your getting smarter maybe the rest will follow.

Prior content removed.
  For those who read it, sorry for my part in lowering the bar. We will try to add content that raises it from now forward.

Edited by Butch(OH) - 22 Dec 2012 at 7:00am
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 8:21am
What did I.miss?
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 8:46pm
So did you get your 7" stroke motor done yet spankey the keyboard commando? It's after Christmas and for a guy claiming to have all his own machine shop with a crank welder you should have something to show us.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 6:52am

So did you get your 7" stroke motor done yet spankey the keyboard commando? It's after Christmas and for a guy claiming to have all his own machine shop with a crank welder you should have something to show us.
taking lessons  from you of not showing nothing but rear end
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 11:56am
You're right, the things you show look like @$$ from torched up rims to cobbled up plumbing, balanceing work, bad crankshafts and bad welding.

Why not buy a crank from unstylish? He's got a 6 1/2" stroke for sale, wi50 has got billet rods available in about a 1 month turn around. He's shown that rods will clear with ease so you won't have to think for yourself. Piston makers are short lead time, Power Bore and Darton are close lead time for cylinders. There's no reason you can't have a motor for some winter pulling.

For a guy with no skills to do things for himself this seams like your best opportunity to show us you're not a keyboard commando.

Edited by Rod B - 09 Jan 2013 at 11:59am
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 2:38pm
unstylish cranks on loan to wi and you know what i found wrong with it just in pictures.  yeah pistons and sleeves arent a problem .  yeah we can get several going before one gets finished in wi.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 2:55pm
Silly wabbit. The crank is mine. You were posting that it was Marty's and now you think it's unstylishes. But you change your stance quite often when lying.

Edited by Rod B - 09 Jan 2013 at 2:57pm
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 5:11pm
Oh well you got a nasty looking crank job. But it should be fine for a couple of years it will take that long for wi to get it built for you.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 5:34pm
I'm a lot like Kendak. To nice of a guy to badmouth someones work so I lied to Wi and told him I bought the crank out of Mi. It came from pank's cranks. One of your outhouse employes sure messed it up. I won't have to worry about it breaking. That head and cam you sold me won't make enough hp to hurt anything.

Morral of the story is to stay away from pank's cranks.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 6:23pm
 All kidding aside Pank, you should just buy my crank.  Im moving up to a LLSS, and I just dont need it. Ill make u a deal on it. More money does not equal a better product. Any fool can blow up a bulletproof motor, but you wont get a better or a cheaper one to experiment on.  Its still next to my dresser, like you noted earlier. Ypu need not agree nor disagree with me. There it is, on the table. 

When it comes to tractor pulling, the smartest move I made was calling

T.I.T.S  TRACTOR INDUCTION TECHNOLOGY SERVICE in Wisconsin.

Since they did the head and manifold for my little WC, its been an animal. He can do the same for you. From liners to rods, heads to carbs, anyone familiar with T.I.T.S, loves them.

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 7:40pm
We get better than 148 cfm out of the head. You remember asking about that number on yt. If someone wants me to build one if yours has no purosity showing rings through and passes a die penetrant test. Then i would use it in someones build. As for me we are going bbc.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 8:19pm
When are you going to build an Allis for the Allis forum? Admitting defeat by useing a Chevy. At least all the parts are boughten rather than built yourself. If you bolt it togather it might run.

Those poor flow numbers must have came from panks cranks to. Good thing TITS fixed it up so the motor could make some power.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 8:30pm
I build allis and have built allis for the forum. When are you and wi going to campaign one for the forum. Its a allis pulling forum not a ih moline or case forum. A fellow on here is destroking a 426 to run that 370 ci class on here. So he should be taking space on here that a case and moline uses up but he dont much.

Edited by mlpankey - 09 Jan 2013 at 8:33pm
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 8:30pm
The old head was 148. Not a bad number for what it was. It made decent power on my old 360 inch motor. Everything was done well, just not as well as the new one. I got the new one and manifold from TITS. DYNO PROVEN POWER.

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 8:36pm
Didnt it break first time out seams mopower was eluding tothat over on yt.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 8:40pm
Unstylish if that induction system woke up a small cubic inch motor just imagine what it would have done if you had stayed at 360 cubes or even went bigger.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 8:51pm
And we thought you might do something to show us you weren't a keyboard commando. There's others with a 7" stroke, ask Jeff @ Murphys. Why can't you do it pank?
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 9:03pm
I popped a head gasket with the old head the second run out when I built it. Still got a podium finish at NATPA that weekend. I messed up the head gasket when I made it. 

Since I needed to change the head gasket anyway, I had a new head built more suited to my motor.  The old head and manifold is actually quite nice especially for a mph tractor.

Yes, a large inch motor would be fun. But, for what I pull, I just dont need it.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 9:43am
if it can be it will be done by  a southerner like hayden or myshelf. cause theys to many 6.5 cranks laying around up north forsale.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 2:49pm
148 cfm isn't to bad unstylish. Pank's was only 143 at .400.

Half of what T.I.T.S. can get. No wonder pank can't figure out how to make power on his own.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 5:29pm

148 cfm isn't to bad unstylish. Pank's was only 143 at .400.

Half of what T.I.T.S. can get. No wonder pank can't figure out how to make power on his own.
  if you use 1.72 diameter 3/8 valve stem and just pocket port and trim the guides your right on rod . but that was natpa winners in the 1990 era  and this is 2013 .  tits want send a head for a flow around check will they ?  if you guys spend time on speed talk watching my posts youll find that heads get checked and flowed around quiet often. you guys keep following you are learning no replacement for displacement ibut you just dont want to say i pankey your the man yet but eventually you will,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic