This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

thinking topfuel machining on 226

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Butch(OH) Butch(OH) wrote:

Be careful how you arrange that Tenn trip marty
If he give directions like he argues you'll  never see the place for driving in circles plus he will come on here and claim you never left home. Wink 

If his directions don't get you there, you can double check the White Pages on the 'net. You can find just about anything on the 'net.

Mitchell L Pankey

Home (423) 472-7071

2017 Foxfire Rd NE

Cleveland, TN 37323-5740

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 2:34pm
its not that hard to do when your like gbacbfan on facebook.  something happens at my house youll be the first for the police to question.  i would have gave direction to one of the two shops . for room and class training it would have been 727 reynolds bridge rd benton tn

Edited by mlpankey - 19 Dec 2012 at 2:58pm
mgburchard View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 3:02pm
the school how of pankey class is open who going to get to wear the dunce cap WI ROB Butch gbacbfan it might be so close there be more than one
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by mgburchard mgburchard wrote:

the school how of pankey class is open who going to get to wear the dunce cap WI ROB Butch gbacbfan it might be so close there be more than one

Way cool! May I be so brash as to suggest some topics?

pulley weight welding (Pics supplied by the students)
plumbing of oil coolers (same as above)
wheelie bar welding (same as above)
forged cast iron crankshaft modification 
Degreeing a cam while defying math and geometry basics (A-C forum archives allowed)

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 4:27pm

for you butch we will take a crank from stock through the process finishing up with external balancing.   the copper oil cooler lines were a wi mockup . we can go over oil coolers and why the inlet and outlet should be to the top side if you dont know . question session can be as long as you like as long as your paying for my time. it will be a deal at 35 hour.  anyone who wants we also have a wrestling mat that can be utilized at breaks . wi the three bedroom fully furnished brick home is still available for rent during the session. will you guys need a week session and pricing or longer 2 week price?

Edited by mlpankey - 19 Dec 2012 at 4:28pm
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 4:40pm
I'm just curious how one guy runs two machine shops, does all of his own R & D and has time for another job besides, much less a family, excuse me if I'm mistaken, but didn't you say that you worked for the power company at one time Mitch? You must be one busy Dude.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 4:44pm
everyone knows MR.PANKY he employees half the county thats how he has two shops
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 5:16pm
Takes half a county to build that crap?

2 shops or did you misspell 2 hole outhouse?

This is nothing like Real Housewives od Atlanta. It's more like Moonshiners. Tickle goes tracta pulln......wez gots no mony anz I outts shotgum ammo soz iz drug my kankshft down da dirt rod to shotpeen it

Edited by wi50 - 19 Dec 2012 at 5:31pm
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by wi50 wi50 wrote:

This is nothing like Real Housewives od Atlanta. It's more like Moonshiners. Tickle goes tracta pulln......wez gots no mony anz I outts shotgum ammo soz iz drug my kankshft down da dirt rod to shotpeen it
  you should set a standard the crank even though its concealed inside a engine block really should be a better looking piece than you have.
the one ontop the trash looks better than the one in your block and it will even fit a dumpster.
Carl(NWWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by wi50 wi50 wrote:

Hahaha! Im still laughing! That is great Marty!
Carl(NWWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 10:12pm
Link from Wi50.
speedtalk

Edited by Carl(NWWI) - 19 Dec 2012 at 10:17pm
unstylish_ View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 10:36pm
Ha!!!! LMFAO! Pank wandering around like a lost kid looking for a crank. I love the quote. Hows that magic working out for you? Whats up with using your wifes name as Jpankey, or is that your alter ego, like Norman Bates..
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 6:08am
Looks to me like the TVA needs to have the Geiger counters checked out at the nuke plant. I think they have undetected radiation problems down there. 
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 6:22am
I know one of the trainers down there Butch, not so sure that it's faulty equipment as much as human error from what he's told me about Nuclear plants. Anyway, save your after Christamas pennies so we can make a road trip and be enlightened, never know what we might learn in Mitch's Clinic. I didn't know he runs a school on high performance engine building, miracles never seem to cease in his world. Get us enrolled so we don't miss out.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 6:26am
Ruh roh. Double busted.

Can we cover honesty and play truth or dare during social hour at class pank? We'll have more social hour being you don't have a crank welder or flow bench as study tools in your lab
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 6:41am

From all of the above I can only come to one conclusion, I have no doubt that he is a highly experienced crank stroker.

Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 6:54am
Originally posted by Ken(MI) Ken(MI) wrote:

From all of the above I can only come to one conclusion, I have no doubt that he is a highly experienced crank stroker.

and puller of things
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 7:28am
HAHAHAHAHA..Clap
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 7:43am
6" stroke is only a 3" offset to play with. Doesn't give a guy much to work with.

Even more interesting is he's looking for someone to stroke a crank about the time he blew his engine up with only 5 runs on it. Got cranks from a bad source that went out of business.

Buys an engine built by a good puller. Tunes the engine to disaster getting whooped by 100 feet on a consistant basis. Attempts to build his own, breaks a couple cranks, sells the junk allong the way and pretends to be a wizzard while online.

Purosity is derived from the word pure. It's what he says wi's crank is full of. Porosity is derived from porous or being full oh holes and imperfections.

His story is full of porosity.

Edited by Rod B - 20 Dec 2012 at 7:45am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 7:48am

ED we try to stay in the south where all the smart damm yankees are

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Butch(OH) Butch(OH) wrote:

Looks to me like the TVA needs to have the Geiger counters checked out at the nuke plant. I think they have undetected radiation problems down there. 
If anybody in the TVA welds like this
They won't need any Geiger counters, just a bunch of caskets.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
cranky View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 6:31pm
     i have no desire to engage in this battle but i would like to learn the rationale for externally balancing a 4 cyl inline engine.is this modification limited to a few engine builders or is this wide spead through out the sport? thanks in advance
Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by cranky cranky wrote:

i have no desire to engage in this battle but i would like to learn the rationale for externally balancing a 4 cyl inline engine.is this modification limited to a few engine builders or is this wide spead through out the sport? thanks in advance
 So far only this one isolated case in TN.   Hopefully the nonsense won't spread, but simply
 incapacitate the host .
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 8:03pm

at stock stroke they vibrate . At 6 inches of stroke they really vibrate if not balanced .  Its a flat crank no counter weights so if your gonna balance it simpliest way to do it is to externally balance it .  most dont do it and they break the mains usually but that could also be argued that its not the balance but the crank welding making the crank to rigid to flex.  we eliminate both arguments and have no main cap issues .

Edited by mlpankey - 20 Dec 2012 at 8:05pm
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 10:11pm
But when the rods fail first it's impossiable to find the next weakest link. Pank uses rods designed for 15 hp so when they bend he can beat his chest and think he had power. Even porous cranks can hold up to 15 hp rods.

Or was the crank so bad it took that much to balance it?
Moderator View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moderator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 10:27pm
I'm trying to remember.  Seems like there was a reason I was reluctant to create the pulling forum.  Do you suppose folks will remember why they lost it? 
============================================================

The moderator at any given time may be the forum owner, or a trusted assistant. Your cooperation is appreciated. Thank You
cwhit View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwhit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 6:09am
It's not the forum, it's the people.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 6:22am
Think about it this way, moderator, its an Awsome site and a great forum. But, not one person has a gun to their head, and is being forced to read this thread. So to all the people who have nothing better to.do other than complain, DON'T READ IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT!!!!
Andrew Curry
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 6:23am
Originally posted by cranky cranky wrote:

Balancing is an interesting thing to study. Lots of things going on that don't meet the eye. A good read I found that is neither too simplified to answer questions nor too complicated to understand  is found in the link included. Skip on down to the Physics and Internal or External section for some quick answers to your specific questions.

Edited by Butch(OH) - 21 Dec 2012 at 6:25am
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 6:30am
Pank what r you talking about, the crank rigid to.flex causes the mains to.break? It's from having the two middle cylinders down at the same time, inadequate main caps for such a high stress application, and inadequate main bolts. Crum pulled the cap bolts and all right out of the block from the stress of a 6.25 stroke at 13 1/2 to 1. I'm.sure he's smart enough to internally balance his rotating assembly, so I doubt balance was the issue.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic