This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

thinking topfuel machining on 226

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 2:55pm
Silly wabbit. The crank is mine. You were posting that it was Marty's and now you think it's unstylishes. But you change your stance quite often when lying.

Edited by Rod B - 09 Jan 2013 at 2:57pm
Sponsored Links

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 2:38pm
unstylish cranks on loan to wi and you know what i found wrong with it just in pictures.  yeah pistons and sleeves arent a problem .  yeah we can get several going before one gets finished in wi.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 11:56am
You're right, the things you show look like @$$ from torched up rims to cobbled up plumbing, balanceing work, bad crankshafts and bad welding.

Why not buy a crank from unstylish? He's got a 6 1/2" stroke for sale, wi50 has got billet rods available in about a 1 month turn around. He's shown that rods will clear with ease so you won't have to think for yourself. Piston makers are short lead time, Power Bore and Darton are close lead time for cylinders. There's no reason you can't have a motor for some winter pulling.

For a guy with no skills to do things for himself this seams like your best opportunity to show us you're not a keyboard commando.

Edited by Rod B - 09 Jan 2013 at 11:59am
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 6:52am
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

So did you get your 7" stroke motor done yet spankey the keyboard commando? It's after Christmas and for a guy claiming to have all his own machine shop with a crank welder you should have something to show us.
taking lessons  from you of not showing nothing but rear end
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 8:46pm
So did you get your 7" stroke motor done yet spankey the keyboard commando? It's after Christmas and for a guy claiming to have all his own machine shop with a crank welder you should have something to show us.
unstylish_ View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 8:21am
What did I.miss?
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

Originally posted by Carl(NWWI) Carl(NWWI) wrote:

Link from Wi50.
speedtalk

What is your expected turn around time at pank's cranks?

If I send one to your adress will you post step by step pictures while you stroke it?
Shure
typical machine shop answere is always two weeks to get you to leave it . doug taught me alot over the years. So inquizitive on my knowledge you follow me on all the automotive sites. Well at least your getting smarter maybe the rest will follow.

Prior content removed.
  For those who read it, sorry for my part in lowering the bar. We will try to add content that raises it from now forward.

Edited by Butch(OH) - 22 Dec 2012 at 7:00am
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 7:27pm

Link from Wi50.
speedtalk

If I send one to your adress will you post step by step pictures while you stroke it?
Shure
typical machine shop answere is always two weeks to get you to leave it . doug taught me alot over the years. So inquizitive on my knowledge you follow me on all the automotive sites. Well at least your getting smarter maybe the rest will follow.

Edited by mlpankey - 21 Dec 2012 at 7:30pm
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 12:31pm
So is that why this last rotating assembly didnt break? You did the welding and balancing yourself? Well, I guess when the governor weights broke on your tractor and it instantly jumped from 3k to 6k UNDER A LOAD, the acceleration was so fast and it happened so quickly, that the rotating assembly didnt have time to break, only bend..lol
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 11:53am

Link from Wi50.
speedtalk

Breeze View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 9:49am
"Think about it this way, moderator, its an Awsome site and a great forum. But, not one person has a gun to their head, and is being forced to read this thread. So to all the people who have nothing better to.do other than complain, DON'T READ IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT!!!!
Andrew Curry"
Andrew the political section label even says "no lifeguard on duty", but it still drew complaints. see below
Forum
Politics (10 Viewing)
enter at your own risk, no life guard on duty

Edited by Breeze - 21 Dec 2012 at 9:49am
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 9:46am
aliis 226 cranks are forged .I do not know the compression ratio Jr. runs I know he made a comment to one that it takes building alot for others to keep him pulling regurlarly due to some reliability issues and didnt expand on what those issues where for him.  In my experience issues with cranks and mains go away when cranks get welded and balanced properly by me and its not just opinion its experienced from trial and error.

Edited by mlpankey - 21 Dec 2012 at 9:53am
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 9:29am
Yes but they aren't 6"+ stroke with extremely high compression. I just think somewhere in that range is the limit of a stock bottom end, and or that cast iron composition.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 7:06am
You can get on gleasons crank welding site and they will tell you the advantages of a two wire welder and even sell welding wire kits for specific crank hardnesses. Thats how simple it is to know whom knows what they are arguing about and who doesnt.  Enternet is full of information if your not to lazy or simple minded and always have to be right over on person to use it and learn from it.  majority of four cylinder cranks have the two center journals down at the same time.

Edited by mlpankey - 21 Dec 2012 at 7:15am
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 6:54am
There is a lot to learn in an arguement, if one person knows what he is talking about. You can figure out who this person fairly quickly. I have put togeather a tractor off this forum, just dig through the arguements and find the good stuff.
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 6:53am
As i said once before I will say again if the cranks is welded completly with journal wire and not done with a softer wire in the radius the crank can not flex and it will have stress cracks in it after some runs and is usually found at same time the mains being pulled or broken is found. May take dye penetrant to find stress cracks but you know its cracked or had bad weld jobs to begain with if it want ring through .
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 6:30am
Pank what r you talking about, the crank rigid to.flex causes the mains to.break? It's from having the two middle cylinders down at the same time, inadequate main caps for such a high stress application, and inadequate main bolts. Crum pulled the cap bolts and all right out of the block from the stress of a 6.25 stroke at 13 1/2 to 1. I'm.sure he's smart enough to internally balance his rotating assembly, so I doubt balance was the issue.

Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 6:23am
Originally posted by cranky cranky wrote:

i have no desire to engage in this battle but i would like to learn the rationale for externally balancing a 4 cyl inline engine.is this modification limited to a few engine builders or is this wide spead through out the sport? thanks in advance

Balancing is an interesting thing to study. Lots of things going on that don't meet the eye. A good read I found that is neither too simplified to answer questions nor too complicated to understand  is found in the link included. Skip on down to the Physics and Internal or External section for some quick answers to your specific questions.

Edited by Butch(OH) - 21 Dec 2012 at 6:25am
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 6:22am
Think about it this way, moderator, its an Awsome site and a great forum. But, not one person has a gun to their head, and is being forced to read this thread. So to all the people who have nothing better to.do other than complain, DON'T READ IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT!!!!
Andrew Curry
cwhit View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwhit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 6:09am
It's not the forum, it's the people.
Moderator View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moderator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 10:27pm
I'm trying to remember.  Seems like there was a reason I was reluctant to create the pulling forum.  Do you suppose folks will remember why they lost it? 
============================================================

The moderator at any given time may be the forum owner, or a trusted assistant. Your cooperation is appreciated. Thank You
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 10:11pm
But when the rods fail first it's impossiable to find the next weakest link. Pank uses rods designed for 15 hp so when they bend he can beat his chest and think he had power. Even porous cranks can hold up to 15 hp rods.

Or was the crank so bad it took that much to balance it?
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 8:03pm

at stock stroke they vibrate . At 6 inches of stroke they really vibrate if not balanced .  Its a flat crank no counter weights so if your gonna balance it simpliest way to do it is to externally balance it .  most dont do it and they break the mains usually but that could also be argued that its not the balance but the crank welding making the crank to rigid to flex.  we eliminate both arguments and have no main cap issues .

Edited by mlpankey - 20 Dec 2012 at 8:05pm
Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by cranky cranky wrote:

i have no desire to engage in this battle but i would like to learn the rationale for externally balancing a 4 cyl inline engine.is this modification limited to a few engine builders or is this wide spead through out the sport? thanks in advance
 So far only this one isolated case in TN.   Hopefully the nonsense won't spread, but simply
 incapacitate the host .
cranky View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 6:31pm
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Butch(OH) Butch(OH) wrote:

Looks to me like the TVA needs to have the Geiger counters checked out at the nuke plant. I think they have undetected radiation problems down there. 
If anybody in the TVA welds like this
They won't need any Geiger counters, just a bunch of caskets.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
mgburchard View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 7:48am

ED we try to stay in the south where all the smart damm yankees are

Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 7:43am
6" stroke is only a 3" offset to play with. Doesn't give a guy much to work with.

Even more interesting is he's looking for someone to stroke a crank about the time he blew his engine up with only 5 runs on it. Got cranks from a bad source that went out of business.

Buys an engine built by a good puller. Tunes the engine to disaster getting whooped by 100 feet on a consistant basis. Attempts to build his own, breaks a couple cranks, sells the junk allong the way and pretends to be a wizzard while online.

Purosity is derived from the word pure. It's what he says wi's crank is full of. Porosity is derived from porous or being full oh holes and imperfections.

His story is full of porosity.

Edited by Rod B - 20 Dec 2012 at 7:45am
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 7:28am
HAHAHAHAHA..Clap
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 6:54am
Originally posted by Ken(MI) Ken(MI) wrote:

From all of the above I can only come to one conclusion, I have no doubt that he is a highly experienced crank stroker.

and puller of things
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic