This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pulling 426 twin turbos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ralph cooley View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralph cooley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 7:51pm
chris hope you survied sandy . alot of are local fire men are rotating 72 hour shifts to nassau county .
Sponsored Links

Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 7:28pm
Ralph, You have corrected me, It was tripple turbo'd. I miss him to, we use to talk in the evening's all the time. I have 1 nice 8.5 X 11 color photo he sent me of him pulling, I have posted it here before. I'm sure he's keepin' eye on us AC guy's. 
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralph cooley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 5:04pm
he olny lived 20 minutes from me. he was very helpfull with my 220 . but his time cane to a tragic loss . i always think of him when i look out my window and see my pair of 220. i realy would like to get any pictures ect that any one has of the twin turbos .
near the end of bobs pulling he ran tripple toubos and flitred with 4 turbos.
long rest my old friend !!
Cal View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 4:51pm
Wow Chris Theres a name from the past Bob Raycraft. I went up to his place in NY in the early 80s to pick up a 917 in the crate that we had sold, he was working on the D21 then and stopped to talk to me areal nice guy. He let me look through his AC junkyard outback. As luck would have it I broke the welded up frontend on my  D17 aweek later and he sold me one of a tractor. Thanks Chris. Cal in Ct
Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 4:39pm
Bob Raycrafts D-21, Mama's Throughbred was twin turbo'd, he had many wins withb that puller. He had spent alot of time out in the Allis plant with the appropriate people to get the info he needed to build pullers.
allis 7045 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis 7045 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 4:28pm
i seen a 200 with twin turbos. im buy a xt190 and setting up there custom with and aftermarket intercooler to provide sufficent needs for the twin turbos
ac 170, 2 ac 6080's, ac 7045,gleaner k, gleaner l2. all going strong
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 4:24pm
AC may have been working with some pullers, but twin/compound turbos weren't considered an "option".
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 3:33pm
I spoke with a guy once who pulled a D21 back in the 70's and said AC was supplying him with tranny gears, etc.  Sounds like pulling in the 70's was a lot like NASCAR in the 70's.  Win on Sunday, sell on Monday.
AaronSEIA
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 3:15pm
No its for real, i have a NTPA magizine that has Noble Harrison going to Harvey Engine Works picking up a 426 with twins ,AC engineers actually set it up they put it in a 220 in early 70 ; but i believe AC quit shortly after that , product libility laws etc

Edited by DougG - 12 Nov 2012 at 3:16pm
richfarmsystem View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richfarmsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 2:46pm
I saw bigfoot in grade school...crushing cars in mendota

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralph cooley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 2:35pm
found the post on fullpull.com
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 2:33pm
Just like BigFoot! It's a myth!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralph cooley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 1:59pm
has or does anyone know of the twin turbo option allis offered on 7000 series for tractor pulling
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic