This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

5.9 cummins into an AC tractor what do ya think

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
CTD03 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTD03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 7:23am
D19 with the 5.9. I like that idea.    How much hp can the tractor handle. Clutch upgrade would be needed
Sponsored Links

cornbinder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornbinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 6:04am
i wonder if a 5.9 cummins fit in a d-19 better than a 301?
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 5:23am
D19 would be cool I have a 301 AC engine that i was dreaming about putting in a PU.
The 190 already has an awsome engine.
David G, what did you have to do to put the 5.9 in the Ford? What tranney did you use? and what about the electronics?    It looks like 6.0 liter fords are easy to find cheap since the 6.0 has so many problems.
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
David G. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David G. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:17pm
I agree that a 5.9 Cummins would be awesome in an Allis. A D-19 or 190 would be a good candidate. I put one in my Ford pickup. Out with the Powerstroke in with the Cummins! I love it and don't regret doing it at all.
CTD03 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTD03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 9:59pm
I understand that but the 5.9 is a pump version so I may change it over to A pump but this is going to be worked on a little farm kinda be a toy but still want it to beable to work. I dont mind pushing the hp. 

guys keep putting ideas out. 

thanks for the reply
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 9:51pm
IMO, it'd be hard to justify putting one in a D21... taking out a 7.0L to put in a 5.9L...

But putting one in something that had a four... and a transmission and rearend that was strong enough to take the 5.9 diesel... that's a tough combination though.

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 9:43pm
They work good in 190-200 or 7000-7010-7020. MACK
CTD03 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTD03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 9:37pm
This sound weird but I can pickup a 5.9 cummins and I am thinking what AC tractor would this be awesome in. So I am letting you guys tell me. Yes it may be weird but I am a big AC fan and just able to get a 5.9 for a great price. So even if the tractor I find is in terrible shape it will be worth putting the 5.9 in and making a cool tractor. I am thinking D series but any allis tractor would be cool.

thanks guys just having fun dreaming

Edited by CTD03 - 18 Apr 2012 at 10:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic