This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Learned about

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Learned about
    Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 2:55pm
Smishing today.
I have an order out for paint and received a text message that my order had arrived at the distribution center and needed address verification and provided a link. Well, I clicked it and it brought me to a form for USPS to fill out address. It was then I became suspicious and deleted it. I then checked in with USPS and found this smishing thing is a common fraud attempt to steal information. Reported it then also reported to our security provider. The following day I received another text message saying the same thing but had a different number and link.
Then I called the outfit I ordered paint from and told them what I was going through and they told me they use a different carrier and my order has not and will not ship for some time yet.
Hopefully no harm to me but thought I’d throw it out there
Sponsored Links

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 3:45pm
I have a $5,000.00 gift card waiting for me at Walmart.
I also been notified that my ‘order’ can’t be delivered because of an ‘undeliverable address’, that is for an iPhone 15.
I get messages like this all the time, all this (800)-XXX-1234 ext.56789 with your information to redeem.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
GSTROM99 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 6:24pm
Common phishing.  I get those and find it (kinda) funny they would have my cell phone #, but not my address.  Really?  delete ASAP...
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 6:35am
I must live in a bubble. First I've seen this. I get emails scams all the time on work accounts. Blockers don't get them all. Always vigilant I guess
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 7:03am
The Imagineering of Smisher/phisher/ outright Scammers is developing new and improved methods daily.

Still paying down the bill to AMEX that we did not make and they will not accept as Fraud. Their card is dead to us. Used that for air travel on Delta, for miles points, informed them the other day so long as deal with AMEX will not ever step aboard their flights anywhere. Got a veritable smorgasbord of texts apologizing and making excuses since.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 10:12pm
first off never do bissness with a place that you cant call on the phone and that will eliminate most of your problems
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 12:33am
They were running a scam like that here advertising Concealed Carry Permits. Guaranteed you one but as you got into the paperwork, the price doubled or tripled.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic