This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190XT Low Voltage / Alternator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 10:20pm
above is a 63 amp unit which should be adequate if you dont have air cond and excess lights... If you want MORE OUTPUT AMPS, this is a 3 wire unit... You would need to do a little more wiring to install it.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Sponsored Links

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 10:15pm
I would not pay $200. for a Delco 10 SI alternator....... about half that..

This is what you have , i think..

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 10:09pm
That white wire going to the double spade connector is an ODD BALL... If it was a 3 wire and using the two spades, you need a signal wire to #1 and a jumper from BAT to #2 .... If it is a 1 wire alternator, you should not need the jumper to the spades... So yes, something is wrong.......... you can go either way, 1 wire or 3 wire .. your choice.  and YES that is a DELCO 10 SI.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 9:00pm
A alternator will not charge without battery lead hooked up. Check voltage at big post on alt. With tractor shut off. Crank tractor with some RPMs and check same place. Should have around two more volts unless battery is full charge.                MACK
calico190xt68 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calico190xt68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 8:16pm
I posted a picture on here awhile back showing my old headlights and Steve in NJ pointed out that I obviously had low voltage situation so I finally got around to looking at it.  I put a voltmeter on it and I only show 1V coming out after I removed the battery lead.  So, I think I have a bad alternator, but I am new to alternators. 

When I look at the shop manual wiring diagram, the alternator looks completely different than what I have.  Mine appears to be a replaced 1 wire alternator?  The model that I found that matches the look of this alternator seems to be called a Delco 10SI?  Is this original?  I think there used different styles over the years but not sure.  Mine is 1968 serial 14419 if that matters.  Should I get the most reliable model, if it is not.  Not sure if this applies to this model but I read where 1 wire alternators need to be running 2000 rpm to charge?  They also have to have an exciter wire?  

Any guidance is appreciated.

All States Ag sells 2 different alternators and both look the same and do not look like the one I have.  Prices are more expensive than what I have too.  If I get an original, do I have to rewire things?

Here is the picture of what I have, in case someone can shed some light.  What is the purpose of the jumper wire?

80 7010 w/Cab, 67 190XTD Series I w/500 Loader, AC 2000 Plow, AC 4 row Planter, AC 77G Rake, Member Indiana A-C Partners, Member TAC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic