This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD9 brakes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intl1466 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD9 brakes
    Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 5:19pm
Looking for HD9 brake bands and hardware. Any info would be helpful. Thanks
Sponsored Links

doctorcorey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 9:44pm
If you need new brake linings, steering clutch .com has them. I don't see a complete band set. They do have complete assy for HD6
Semper Fi USMC    1958 HD6G, 1959 MF 203 loader, 1960 Case 420B Backhoe, MF 65 Tractor/Loader Diesel
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 8:32pm
Getting the band out of the tractor is the big job. Get the old fashioned hollow rivets. McMaster-Carr I believe has the rivets as well as rivet set tool, you just wrack it  with a hammer. Or a a real old brake repair business may have tool hid in the back of the back room.

I had access to one you stepped on a pedal and if smashed the rivet perfect every time. It was made of mostly cast iron was not bolted down, and feel and broke in the big earthquake we had here in 03.Cry  
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 7:11am
if your bands arnt trashed,  Rick Corder in Missouri does excellent work.  He has done several projects for me

Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 7:29am
As Cal mentioned, I can help on the relining of the band brakes...just need the length of the material, the width and the thickness, which can usually be determined by checking the thickness at the end of the brake band, since it's usually still closer to the original thickness...thanks, Rick
Intl1466 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intl1466 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 8:39pm
Brake bands are completely shot. Had water laying inside case for a few years. Clutch was seized up, but I got that freed up and working properly. Probably gonna take the complete brake band assy. I check with salvage yards for used, most people never heard of em.
Intl1466 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intl1466 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 8:42pm
I would like to find a pdf operator manual for filter part numbers and oil specs
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 10:02am
If you not hurry I should have 2 used  brake band assambly but my shop is closed until april
Intl1466 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intl1466 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 3:50pm
Not in a hurry. I’m running without right brake for now. Lemme know when you get them
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 8:11pm
Jonathan...Good evening...I take it that you're letting ME know that you have the bands headed this way to me? You didn't specify whom you were telling that to...LOL  Thanks, Rick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic