This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

powerstroke trouble. can you guys please help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Carl(NWWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 6:32pm
that sounds like your turbo is junk. we've got 4 6.0l's, do most the work on them. read alot about them on powerstroke.org too. my guess is your turbo is having problems. take it to your ford dealer, have them check it out
Sponsored Links

Roddo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 6:30pm

Sounds like a 6.0l.  Good luck fixing that thing yourself.  I work at a ford dealer and the diesel guys here bang their heads against the wall diagnosing those things.

Unless you can connect it to a scan tool its hard to say, but I know that 6.0l are famous for injectors and hi-press oil leaks. 

Might need to take it to someone with a scan tool that can read diesel paramaeters and let them have a look.  Get the codes checked at the very least.  Could throw a code for an injector or a hi pressure oil concern and steer you in the right direction.

Also they are terrible for exhaust soot, Ford calls it "coking".  It plugs up the EGR valve and the VGT (variable vanes on the turbo).  If it runs smooth but just wont rev up maybe remove the EGR valve (its only 2 bolts) and see if its plugged with soot (or possibly coolant, lets hope not). 

Something to start with at any rate.

Edited by Roddo - 07 Oct 2010 at 6:32pm
split51 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote split51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 6:29pm
 It kind of sounds like lack of air. 

Long shot, but I have heard of air intake tubes collapsing  and causing restictions.
1929 20-35 sn17662
B1 w/snow blade
B10 w/sickle mower
B110 w/mower deck
B110 w/tiller
B112 w/grader blade
B210 w/plo
AdamsSoIL View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdamsSoIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 6:21pm
i have an 04 f-350, it has no power past 2000 rpm. i put on new fuel filters and the air filter is clean. it starts good and it does not miss. sometimes i can push it to the floor and all it does is black smoke and it will barely pull it self. any suggestions ? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic