This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H3 Fluids - Transmission and Shuttle Clutch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kagath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H3 Fluids - Transmission and Shuttle Clutch
    Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 12:03pm

Inherited a few tractors from my dad at his passing and trying to get them up and moving again. Most of this is new to me so bear with me please. I have the JenSales manual reproductions for them as well but the original manual for the H3 as well.

Have the H3 and grabbing some new fluid for it. Manual calls for SAE 10w-30 oil for the transmission and shuttle clutch both. Now I’m guessing this is gear oil and not engine oil and the smear on the clutch gauge stick smells like it but it looks like the called for type is hard to locally source (rural No MI). Is there a modern equivalent? Is it really just engine oil?

There is still some fluid in the transmission that appears to be gear oil.

Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 3:40pm
H3, that's the dozer version of the D-14/15 ......
I've run 'Universal tractor hydraulic fluid' in all my D-14s for tranny/PDunit/diff/hydraulics for past 20 years, and SAE30 JUST for the engine......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 4:28pm
It is 10w30 oil............but i think i might be using HYTRANS type/  UTF fluid.

Edited by steve(ill) - 16 Sep 2021 at 4:34pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic