This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with your Allis Today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 21>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 6:06am
Got the 720 out yesterday and pushed a little gravel around. First time that girl has been out of the shed in quite awhile! Going to hook the NF 45 on the single harrow section today and smooth things out.
Sponsored Links

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2023 at 8:49am
Got the 45 hooked on the No. 4 Sub-Soiler and got it in the dirt! You can really tell the spots that need this treatment!

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 7:55am
After logging several hours dragging 3-16's around this fall I decided it was time for a little service of the wide-front 45. Oil bath wasn't bad but it was time. Didn't need a putty knife to get the crap out of the bottom at least. Hit everything with the grease-gun, including throw-out bearing. That's an easy one to forget about!

A buddy of mine has been going to plow-days with me this fall, he's getting better at running the tractor/plow. Have told him how easy that old 45 is to plow with, just drop the front tire in the furrow and go! If he goes with me to another one I may take the Narrow Front just so he can see the difference. It works good too but you do have to pay closer attention!

Pretty sure there will be one or possibly two more plow-days close enough for me to get to yet this fall.

I may drop the plow and put the No. 4 Sub-soiler on and do a bit of ripping. Think soil conditions are about right. Have always pulled it with the NF 45, think it might be interesting to run with the wide? I have a hard time keeping straight lines with the narrow.

Edited by IBWD MIke - 13 Nov 2023 at 7:59am
StanGreen View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StanGreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 9:26pm
I installed the hand crank in my WD45. I dropped a 7/8 impact socket on my forehead in the process. Embarrassed (I was using it to help press the back pin with a C clamp.) Now, what I don't know, and the operating instructions do not address, is which direction to I turn the crank? Clockwise or Counter Clockwise?
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 5:28am
Did a little work on the series 3 yesterday. Because of the broken stop-bolt and not being able to spin the wheels in, changed wheels and tires on her. Narrowing it up will go along way toward getting her under a roof this winter. These wheels will spin in one more hole, that should gain another 8". Looks kind of sad with the small rubber on it though.
As you can see in the first picture, removed the pie weights. They even have the correct bolts! Three of them had the cotter pins holding them in place. Never seen any before. What a novel idea to simplify weight installation.

Edited by IBWD MIke - 11 Nov 2023 at 5:30am
JSHIVERS View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSHIVERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 9:27am
I had shoulder surgery in June.  Starter went out on the 1940 B at the same time.
Very convenient for us both!  But, we've both been rebuilt and I got the starter back
on yesterday and it fired up on the second try.  I took it for several spins on some
local roads and came home and put the Woods mower deck down and mowed up
a lot of leaves.  It's good to be back!
DaveWisc. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveWisc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 8:35pm
I used it on wood hauler it is a D17 series 3
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 11:57am
Originally posted by IBWD MIke IBWD MIke wrote:

Originally posted by Codger Codger wrote:

I looked at that beautiful thing off in the distance and thought "dammit", I have legitimate work to do so went about my business doing nothing with the dozer.

That 'legitimate work' gets in the way of an awful lot of fun!

NO DOUBT!
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Codger Codger wrote:

I looked at that beautiful thing off in the distance and thought "dammit", I have legitimate work to do so went about my business doing nothing with the dozer.

That 'legitimate work' gets in the way of an awful lot of fun!
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 8:02am
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
Gary (sw Wis.) View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary (sw Wis.) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 8:00am
Picked ear corn
190XT - D17 - D14 - WD45 w/loader - WD - (2)B110 - 616H - 610 - B-208 - WD with 190 Mounted Corn Picker - All Crop 60
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 7:57am
Took D-17-2 for a quick spin, thing runs really nice. Power director doesn't jump out of high or low and has surprisingly good brakes. It was just a matter of getting a sediment bowl on it that doesn't leak. I THINK I'm going to change the rear wheels/tires if time permits. Just to narrow it up for storage purposes.
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 7:22pm
Used the 190XT to help get 3 large trees down that the power co trimmed 9 months ago. Attached a long cable 20’ up the tree and had Charlie keep tension on the tree as I finished my cut. Worked very well and fell the trees just where I wanted them.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 9:25pm
12 yr old grandson has been begging to plow so drug out the old 4 bttm snap coupler. Added 600lb of wheel weights (no fluid) to the 45, widened rt wheel track and stuck a dual on the left. Plow has the good bottoms (387?) w/coverboards and steering tail wheel. Plowed cornstalks and it worked SWEET! Plowing uses too much fuel and time but I rode the fender and got to watch that dirt flip!!! Kinda bitter sweet.
Ac5020 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ac5020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 10:06pm
Can I ask where you got your new rims??? I’m barely in need of a set of rear rims!
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 8:46am
Used my 621 forklift to reach 16' where my roof line starts to put down a new surface on my roof.  The roof line runs to 33' at the peak.  Since I am doing this job solo I wouldn't have been able to do the job without it.  Worth its weight in GOLD!  

~  Orangeman
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2023 at 9:47pm
Hauled some oak firewood for my neighbor with the ol' D-17.
StanGreen View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StanGreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2023 at 8:26pm
Today was fender painting day for my WD45. No fancy paint booth, just a canvas shed. Not the best fender on earth, but this is not a show tractor so it is fine. It made it to about 70 today. Not many painting temperature days left this season, so I needed to get this done. I hope to get a lot done on restore this weekend.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2023 at 11:56am
I’m only a couple hours from you and can remember twice it hit-30. Antifreeze held up but the high volume oil pump in my pickup and 10w40 oil wrecked the distributor.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2023 at 9:22am
Originally posted by AC720Man AC720Man wrote:

OH my, -20? And I complain when it gets down to the plus side of 20! Can’t even imagine -20. Mike I feel bad for you and your poor tractors. Darn that’s cold.

-20 is PROBABLY just fine around here. Can only remember four or five times it actually got that cold here. Just don't want to take a chance!!

Edited by IBWD MIke - 26 Oct 2023 at 9:22am
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 10:57pm
Took my refurbished Series 1 D17D for a ride to the river property. Got up to 82 degrees here today. I Like the Buda diesel sound that comes out of the factory muffler. But not even close to the music that comes out my XT’s straight pipe!
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 10:52pm
OH my, -20? And I complain when it gets down to the plus side of 20! Can’t even imagine -20. Mike I feel bad for you and your poor tractors. Darn that’s cold.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 8:17am
Checked the coolant in both new to me D-17's. First one I drug home checked -35, Second one, 32. Straight water! Drained that out, hopefully get some actual coolant in it today! D-15 checked -20, going to change it out. I like to see it at -30 or so around here. Rarely does it get colder than -20 but I really don't need broken stuff from the cold!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2023 at 8:06pm
Hooked the 7040 to a new to me 9 shank disc chisel and made a couple passes through the garden.
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2023 at 7:59pm
Went out to the machine shed after the cows, finished hooking up the battery, turned the gas on, pulled the starter lever, and to my surprise, the wd 45 started right up. Much thanks to steve at b&b. Looking forward to a life without crappy points
WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2023 at 9:31am
Installed a new battery in one of my D15 seriesII tractors with factory 3 pt hitch and 73 plow. Engine fired into action after sitting for the past year.

Edited by WD45 - 24 Oct 2023 at 9:31am
Fred Dunlop, G,B,CA, WC,WF, 3 WD45`s,gas, diesel and LP,U,D10 series III, D12,D14,D15 SERIES II,D17 Series IV in Gas and Diesel ,D19 GAS and D21,170 185,210 ,220 an I-600 8070 fwd, 716H and 1920H
DaveWisc. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveWisc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2023 at 7:57pm
Used my D21 to pull people wagon for my Grandaughters wedding
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2023 at 9:29am
Installed the snow blade on the WD as there is a few inches of "pretty" in the forecast for the next couple of days.  Shameless must be tryin' out that dang machine already!!
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2023 at 7:45am
Mowed the community garden plot with the 5020 after getting the new rear rims and tires put on with freshly painted centers and weights.  Then tilled the plot with 1652 Massey 
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2023 at 6:43am
Last Saturday I took the D10 puller (That I have for sale) to a pull. It won the 2500 pound class hands down with a pull of 311'. Second place was a 66 Oliver that pulled only 230'.  Watch this link at the 3:00 mark. 

Edited by PaulB - 20 Sep 2023 at 6:44am
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 21>
  Share Topic