This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Junior Sale of Champions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Junior Sale of Champions
    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 12:41pm
Watching some of the auction from Ft Worth,  understand it is FFA and 4H projects.    They are bringing from $8 to $12, is that per pound?  Thanks, Tim
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 3:26pm
That is per pound. Large corporations and rich relatives buy these animals for way above market value and write it off as a business expense or other tax deduction. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I would say it is rare to see one of these turned into prime rib and hamburger. A lot of the heifers may go back into breeding stock. It takes money to win at these shows and the playing field is definitely not level but it still teaches the kids some good life lessons.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 3:28pm
And some of the smart ones sell the steers to liberals as breeding stock. LOL
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 4:34pm
You mean Ah Oh Seer's  Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 4:36pm
Great one Hubert!!-- dead on too LOL!!!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 5:06pm
A lot of those animals are purchased by rich parents for their kids to show as well.  My nephew used to raise them for them.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 5:44pm
Yes, higher than the go'in beef rate, usually for FW Stock Show animals or what we used to call "bankers calves" growing up back east. Big money goes to help the kids and their programs.

Sold a load of heifers and in-tact bull calves that averaged 320# today, got 2.00/lb., 
Angus/Brangus crosses.
"Dairy calves" that were bringing 5.00 each just prior to Christmas were selling for 100.00 each today, 2-3 days old.
Will have a bunch of pi$$ed off mama cows balling all night tonight . . . .

trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 6:29pm
makes me sad that things always have to turn political on this site. on here to shoot the bull and learn about my good ol gal 55 wd45. grow up.
to make clear talking about huberts reply. sorry for not clarifying. moderator please take note.

Edited by trace - 08 Feb 2020 at 7:02pm
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 6:37pm
?
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 7:10pm
trace please explain what your talking about ,
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 7:21pm
And some of the smart ones sell the steers to liberals as breeding stock. LOL
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by trace trace wrote:

makes me sad that things always have to turn political on this site. on here to shoot the bull and learn about my good ol gal 55 wd45. grow up.
to make clear talking about huberts reply. sorry for not clarifying. moderator please take note.

X2

I agree!  If you wanna talk that stuff, go to the political section!  That's why it was created.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 8:14pm
Just saw where the grand champion herford sold for $300,000.00 all going to the 12 year old that showed him. Pretty good paycheck!!
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 10:16pm
TMiller...what is the web site?
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 10:50am
Do those calves actually sell or are they just buying a premium and the calf stays with the kid? just never knew about this.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 11:28am
I think that may be a terminal show but I may be wrong where the steers are sold but what happens to them I am not sure.  The guy I work for here wants his girls to show some of our steers but they do not want to because it is a terminal show and all the show steers have to be sold.  The girls only want to show breeding stock because they can bring it home.
cabinhollow View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabinhollow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by jiminnd jiminnd wrote:

Do those calves actually sell or are they just buying a premium and the calf stays with the kid? just never knew about this.

Here in late fall they have a local terminal show/sale.
I went a few years ago and the one family that was shown goats, got the top three places.
Their total take for the goats was over $7000.
Two weeks later was fall break  and they went on a cruise.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by trace trace wrote:

My Wd45 is a 54. First year 45. If I want to talk about it I go on the farm equipment page. If I want to tell or hear a joke I come to this section I don’t venture in to the politics page any more.
It was a light hearted joke meant to make y’all laugh. If he would of said it about hillbillies I still would have laughed and I would hope y’all would of as well.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 11:27am
The steers were usually bought by a business, mainly restaraunts when I was younger. Steers don't
usually have a long happy life. Its great for young boys and girls teaching responsibility, but I can't imagine what I'd did with 300000.00 at 12 year old. Hope he has responsible parents and graduates with no collage school debt.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 12:49pm
If it sold for $300,000.00 dollars can you imagine what his parents paid for it if it had that kinda blood lines
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 12:56pm
Gotta remember this was the grand champion at the once a year Fort Worth stock show and rodeo,Lotsa money there. I've been to the Houston rodeo and livestock show , unbelievable!
cabinhollow View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabinhollow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 2:56pm
I do not know all the details on how TX shows work, but here is some 2ed hand info.
The kid only gets a % of the money at the sale.
Most of it is put in a scholarship fund, that all the kids, that show, get a amount based on how much, how good they do.
I have heard of families that are big in stock shows, to move to TX, just for this.
Kid shows for 6-8 years, goes to a TX college and it's all paid for.
One guy I know, whose daughter is/was big in the Red Angus, look hard at moving to TX when she was 12 or so. To many family ties here, so they did not move.
For the last ten years, a few of the awards giving at either FT Worth or Houston each year, were made in my shop.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic