This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2017 dodge Big Horn 5.7. Hemi 4x4 -4 door

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 dodge Big Horn 5.7. Hemi 4x4 -4 door
    Posted: 11 May 2019 at 5:34pm
Anybody own one. Looked at 1 today. Big Horn 19000 miles, lease return. Dealer asked $31500.00 loaded with bed liner etc. Warentee will be written for 100000 miles at certified Dodge dealers. Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links

Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 7:00pm
Not much help but did rent that same model while my truck was being repainted. It sure was nice and that 5.7 hemi would light those tires up.πŸ‘πŸ‘

I say get it!!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 7:24pm
I always check what the dealer says against the Kelly blue book.  If you haven't might be worth a look.
old farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 7:44pm
We have a 2018 2500 four door with the 6.4 hemi. Only had it one month, but we really like it. That 6.4 can light the tires up to! Wife seems to like it as well or better than her 2019 pacific.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 9:05pm
Thank you. I had forgotten about that. Dog gone, after working at a dealership for 11 years you'd think I'd remember things like that. I always tell the gals "Dont ever get old and forgetful, stay young and good looking." I have reached that very forgetful stage.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 11 May 2019 at 9:12pm
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 1:39am
when I was looking this past winter, I found a slightly 2018 used dodge 4-door 4x4 short box with that eco diesel, had every option you could get on a pickup, plus had a lear box cover. was a mighty nice looker in the bronze color, had I think under 10,000 miles on it, I still kick myself for not buying it, they wanted $37,000. back then. the reason I didn't buy it, no one could answer any questions about it, that said they'd call me with the answers, but they never did. I had to ask ya'll on here and elsewhere!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 8:26pm
I was able to check with couple of other dog dealers today. They have new 2019 equipped just like this used one. After the dealer discount and Dodge "rebate" that's not the right word, I can buy a new one for the same money or a little less than this 2017. Guess am gonna take a road trip. I might try woodhouse Dodge. I've heard and seen good and bad about them.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 9:17pm
that mean you is coming to my town?
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 7:23am
Tom,
Go with top of the line. You wont use all the bells and whistles all the time but you deserve it! Sound like new might be the way to go from a price standpoint. You get all the good out of them that way too.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 12:03pm
Shameless I didn't realize they were in your town. Ya I'm gonna call them right after dinner and ask about 1 of the pickups. They AINT getting any of my Chevy in trade.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 3:50pm
Jeez, I can’t believe that anyone can really be serious about paying 30K or more for β€œDaddy’s pwetty widdle twuck” that will be overstressed doing more than getting groceries. I paid less than one third of that for the first tractor-trailer that I brought when I became an OO. Then to top it off all that will go wrong as soon as the electrical gremlins get started on all the totally unnecessary things that the advertising big wigs have convinced the mindless sheep that they are selling to that they need to have and can’t live without. A TRUCK IS FOR HAULING STUFF!   Have fun complaining when all the computer bugs have you back at the dealer on a regular basis.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 6:48pm
Paul B that might happen with a ford, at least that's my experience with the 6 I've owned. Another reason I drive GM. This pickup is being bought to travel the USA pulling a trailer. Shameless, I won't be coming yourway. I got ahold of some young guy in your town that didn't care if he sold me a pickup. Gonna stop in at the dealership I worked for and see if I can go to a couple if dealer auctions next few weeks and see what they have.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 14 May 2019 at 6:52pm
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:11pm
I'm thinking you can't go wrong, I have a 2015 Ram 3500 Tradesman 4 x 4 single cab work truck with the 6.4, pushing 90 K with no problems, and a year ago, I bought a 2500 Laramie Longhorn Southfork edition for personal use, also with the 6.4. This is the first time stepping out of the box after owning lots of Fords starting in 1977, probably will never go back. As for the amenities, I love em, I drove enough of that manual gearbox, no power brakes or steering, sweat box, under-powered junk of the 60s, 70's and 80's, ya can't take it with ya, so a guy might as well enjoy it. And I do haul with mine, the 3500 works daily, and the 2500 drags my gooseneck. For the last 20 years, I've been trading the shop trucks at about 100K or four years, for me this has been much more economical than when I used to keep them longer.
1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 10:48pm
Wife and I went to buy a new Bighorn crew cab last December. We took it for a drive. was really nice. 5.7 Hemi with the 8 speed.
But typical auto dealer started playing games. Went to sign the papers and all of a sudden the price went up. So we walked. And then he tried calling for 2 weeks after that to get me to come back for a better deal.

So I bought a $1500 beater F150 instead. Does everything I need and left $54,000 in my bank account, LOL.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 3:32am
anything woodhouse started in my town. I've tried to deal with them thru the years, they won't deal with local people, they want the out of towners to sell to. now they have and sell about every brand of vehicles and also now have the parts depot that they run 7 days a week in about 9 states.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:46pm
Gonna head over to a new dealership on Tuesday or Wed. They seem to have far better prices than the old established dealerships. Probably stop by GM while I'm that close.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:13pm
where?
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:28am
Indianola Iowa and then stop by the GM dealership in Carlisle Is.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 8:35am
brings to mind that there are a couple of dealers out west that will pick you up at the air port and take you to the new pick up that you purchased telegraphically or otherwise.  See it all the time on the RV net.

Spose to have killer prices.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 11:38pm
We didn't get to these 2 dealerships but did get to 3 others. Found a great looking, great running LTZ k1500 with 23000 miles on it. Drove it and it ran great. Didn't have 10000 extra gadgets on it like the Dodge. Stopped at a Dodge dealership, looked at a 2011 longhorn edition. These guys wanted more for it than the other dealership wanted for the 2017's with less miles on them. Gonna keep looking.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic