This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snow!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snow!!!!!!!
    Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 11:24am
Northwestern, NC more than 12"
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 11:59am
Nice, looks like a bunch!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 12:02pm
Now that looks pretty! Don't mind the snow just can't deal with the ice unless I am running  good tire chains. Ole Shamers missed me again on this one, all we got was cold rain and plenty of it. JoeM, Herb, and Tyler may have gotten some though.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 12:25pm
Much better there than here! Darrel
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 12:39pm
TMiller,
You have more snow than we do right now! Enjoy it while its there. 
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 1:08pm
Thanks for the pic, that IS purdy.....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 2:18pm
that's pretty! don't stub yer toes walking out there!
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Now that looks pretty! Don't mind the snow just can't deal with the ice unless I am running  good tire chains. Ole Shamers missed me again on this one, all we got was cold rain and plenty of it. JoeM, Herb, and Tyler may have gotten some though.

Just rain here so far. They seem to think it might get cold enough here to have a chance at freezing but I kinda doubt it
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 3:08pm
I'm sure glad it snowed here, the Charlotte weather people were going crazy forecasting when and how much, even saw one report that Lenoir would get 11.7", that's going out on a limb.  It started around midnight and stopped about 2:00pm today.  I think we have about 15", which has pretty much shut down everything.
wfmurray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 3:31pm
Got 5 or 6 inches of that pretty stuff.Say we may get a little more in the morning.Think shameless is expermenting with that thing.
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 7:50pm
Looks like 12" here judging the bottom fence line in the pasture. Trying to decide when to take the loving wife to work at the hospital either now or 4:00am. Went up on the main road around 3:30 it was in rough shape. Trying to figure out what I did to Shameless to deserve this?
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 9:05pm
About 9 inches here,makes calving a little ruff. Suppose to get more tonight. Be careful going to work tomorrow
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 9:20pm
My heart goes out to you guys! you just are not prepared for that much snow like the north is. Hopefully it will warm and melt soon enough. in the meantime be careful
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 12:01am
News said tonight we got 14.5" and is number 5 storm of all time. Number 1 was 20" in 1927. And yes Lou I think you are correct we are not as prepared as we should be not enough plows, road construction techniques, etc. But should be able to get the driveway and road cleaned up tomorrow.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 7:16am
Redbank, I got stranded at the Jonesville toy show in 93? They closed i77and i40 across the mountain. I remember when I got home we had got 22 inches. Where did that storm rank?
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 7:24am
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

None here either! Just many inches of rain, most creeks around here are out of their banks
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 8:19am
I think Darrel in ND would agree, around here we call that kind of snowfall Thursday. 😜
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 8:58am
Allisrutledge I didn't see the 93 storm on the top ten they posted last night and I certainly remembered it because my niece was born during that storm and my dad was stranded on Black Mountain for five days( the National Guard came by and took him to a hotel) he was driving for Roadway
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 10:32am
No rain no sleet no snow, in the low 20's, 4 inches in two snowfalls.
The mailman is awful happy.

1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 2:17pm
Sure glad we got up through that area last Sunday and home before it hit.
bakwoodsfarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakwoodsfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 5:56pm
Yeap, wondering what we did to ol shameless here in NC. I got about 12" with a good 30 mph wind.
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 6:02pm
Snow has melted a lot today, road in front of house is mostly clear and has not been plowed.  There are still alot of folks with out power, and temps are forecast down to 20's.
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 7:29pm
Took the loving wife to work came home plowed the farm road and driveways. Had to go down and cut pine trees out of my neighbors farm road so they could get out and then back to hospital to pick up the wife. All the roads around here got plowed today so after refreeze tonight it should be sketchy in the am. I told her I would take her back to work in the morning trying to butter her up for the holidays.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Red Bank Red Bank wrote:

Allisrutledge I didn't see the 93 storm on the top ten they posted last night and I certainly remembered it because my niece was born during that storm and my dad was stranded on Black Mountain for five days( the National Guard came by and took him to a hotel) he was driving for Roadway

Worst I seen in the years I remember,we were at Jonesville until Tuesday and drove on 40 to Knoxville to get home. I traded bologna to the maids for extra blankets!!! Can't make up stuff like that. Don't remember buying any toys, hmmm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic