This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

gonna vent

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 9:29pm

My take would be tell the boss that Saturdays are now double time, Sundays are triple time, and you won't be available Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas, New Years, Memorial Day weekend, July 4th, and Labor Day weekend. Don't bother calling, your phone will be turned off. You'll also be taking time in June for a honey moon. If he really wants you to stay on, he'll work with you. If he won't, call the other guys up that are interested in hiring you. Life is too short to spend every waking hour working for someone else.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 9:10pm
You schedule a  vacation, YOU TAKE IT.... Its the BOSS problem to get replacements.. Stop thinking they cant get along with out you..  What happens if you drop dead tomorrow ?  You think they go out of business ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 9:10pm

Hey Good Buddy,,, I been noticing for the longest bout how you always is workin your tail off to take care of the Boss,,,AND the business. There does come a time or an event that does take precedence over work,,,and Family is right up there,,,,!!
I don't like to say it but your Boss appears to take advantage of your work ethics. He KNOWS ole Thad will let whatever go to bail him out. Your Daddy is way up there in years and you wannna make sure if at all possible,,,you go visit him for this birthday seein as how ya'll been apart for so long.. Same way with your new Wife,,,,,,you'll never be able to sleep very comfortably with your job,,,,,but now that Wife,,,nuff said,,,,!!!
Good Luck.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 9:08pm
NO......... just learn to say NO... You only work as hard as you want to.........
Other foreman at work get unpaid vacations

why do you think that is ?  Your fault for not TELLING the boss what you need. If you WANT it, it will happen... JUST SAY NO.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:49pm
WALK OUT!
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:27pm
Thad, I walked off my job two years ago July 4 and I have not looked back.  I am happy with my decision and now I have a great full time job working for my old manager that also got shafted where we worked.  It was in fast food and as a manager I know I worked more than 60 hours a week.  My mother just passed and my manager made sure I had a full week plus my days off to spend with her in her final hours.  There are people out there who care and will appreciate you.  Me thinks you are getting SCREWED  JMHO
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:18pm
One has to decide when ENOUGH is enough - every job is to important for you to not handle right away so another can enjoy their time - and being boss - well to be a good one the customer comes first - then the employees - and yourself last . 
 If not then you are going to be soon the boss of yourself as everyone else will wise up and tell you to stuff it . 
  For you it's past that choice time - that plumber had it right walk out and don't close the door .

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:14pm
Sounds like you need a new boss. You could get a job anywhere with your work ethic!
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:08pm
My dad turns 80 this weekend. im supposed to be on my way to his birthday. I get the 
call from Florida (my bosses choice for vacation this month) about an emergency at work where a job he pulled us off of has a grand opening this weekend. We pull off the job that he put us on when he pulled us off the job that has the deadline and went over to try to finish. I get a call from the boss that there is water running out of the house on the other job that he pulled us off of. turns out that he scheduled plumbers while I was away and a fitting broke and sprayed water for two days. The home owner came in this afternoon and found their new house and garage wide open and not a sole in sight and the basement flooded. I had tile guys, plumbers and electricians all there and I gave each the temp code to get in. Plumber sent out a new crack head to the job and he was the last one there. 
I have only asked for one day off this year. That was a Friday in Oct and I didn't get that. I had it planned ever since a year before that when I asked for a Friday off in Oct and didn't get that either. I missed seeing family the Thanks Giving the year before that due to an emergency so we postponed until Christmas the same year. We had a last minute emergency on Christmas eve and I couldn't go. He doesn't miss a family day or holiday. He gets several lavish vacations a year. Other foreman at work get unpaid vacations.
I put off our honeymoon due to being too busy. Got my ass chewed for getting married when I did and then again when we started our remodle because he needs me to work weekends. 
Jenn and I have a trip/late honeymoon planed to Colorado in June. I intend to make that trip and will look at one of the other builders that keep asking me to come work for them and I'm seriously considering going back in business again.
I havent been to my dads house since 2008 and haven't seen him at all since 2010. I don't think I'm out of line.
According to my taxes I average 60 hrs a week.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic