This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New chicken houses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New chicken houses
    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 10:24am
Thanks to Joe Murphy I'm going to be able to show some pictures of the new houses being built. I'll add descriptions as the pictures come up. Thanks again Joe! I'll also get some more detailed pictures to help explain things. These are mostly just shots of "milestones" in the journey so far

Edited by thendrix - 05 Apr 2020 at 10:33am
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links

JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 11:00am
here we go!, not gonna be in order, and might be a bit large, so I'm gonna put them in groups of three or four to keep from killing folks with slow internet

Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 11:03am

41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 11:05am

41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 11:06am

41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 11:07am

41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 11:08am

41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 11:10am
here's a slideshow of it that may work, been having trouble with them

41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 11:25am
Murph, comes up as album password protected,  enter password?
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 11:59am
i removed the password I think! working from my phone, wife has Sunday school on my computer right now
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 2:13pm
They're just about in reverse order . Start at the bottom and you'll see where we started to about where we are. Lots more on the slide show

Edited by thendrix - 05 Apr 2020 at 2:38pm
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 2:18pm
I thought the chicken business was dead!---WOW!---hey can I drive the two headed green earthmover???
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 2:21pm
Thumbs Up
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by ac fleet ac fleet wrote:

I thought the chicken business was dead!---WOW!---hey can I drive the two headed green earthmover???

You could have until about 2 months ago. They finished with it and parked it and it sat there for almost a year I guess. Sounded pretty good with those 2 Detroits screaming with no mufflers

No the chicken business is very much alive in our neck of the woods. The chicken companies have several people every week calling about building new houses. It's not cheap but I get to work from home with no time clock and we get to raise our girls the way we were both raised and in my opinion there's no better way than on the farm.

Edited by thendrix - 05 Apr 2020 at 3:16pm
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 3:18pm
The big CAT that Evie is standing beside belongs to my father-in-law and was the buy of the century. It's a 977L and he bought it with the understanding that the lift pump was bad. Only thing wrong with the lift pump was the empty fuel tank! Put fuel in, primed the pump, turn turn turn spit sputter rattle and BOOM! Off she went

Edited by thendrix - 05 Apr 2020 at 6:41pm
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 3:24pm
Ain't that the best. Thumbs Up
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 5:46pm
Hope theres a good return on investment- theres alot of money spent there ! More power to ya tho !
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 6:39pm
For the first 10 years we get a "building incentive" of $.05 per square foot and at average pay (before production bonuses) the projected profit is 42%. After the building incentive goes away the projected profit is 21%-22%. We had to be careful with the spending to ensure a 20% profit before the bank would close on the loan. Lots of hours of research!!
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 7:35pm
Im sure youve thought it all out and I applaude you and your wife for wanting to do this and raise your kids in farm life -- nothing better,,  
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 8:11pm
A couple of more, first load of feed and a front shot of the houses

41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 8:28pm
those are some nice buildings Tyler! looks like nice equipment too! them fans will move a lot of air! are the rafters strong nuff to hold sum "pretty"? I thinks your daughter wants to drive that Cat! do you have room for the 4 guinas I have left? maybe i'll throw in a pigmy goat too!
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 8:44pm
They say the trusses are a 31 lbs load truss. I'm assuming this is per square inch. We also have what they call snow doors in the ceiling. If you can see on the picture of the inside of the house, the white roof is a thick plastic called tri-ply. The doors are about 36" x 36" and are level with the tri-ply when they're closed. They open how ever far we need them to and allow heat from inside the house into the attic to help melt snow off the roof
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 9:08pm
How many barns are there and what is the capacity of them?  Just curious Wayne
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 9:15pm
Tyler, those are some NICE  houses! 600 footers? When is the first batch of chickens? And you are absolutely right - no better place to raise kid than on a farm.

Joe, thanks a bunch for posting the pictures.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 9:25pm
Wayne, we've got 6 50x600 ft and will house between 38,500 and 39,500 each. A little under 240,000 for the farm.

Hubert, yeah 600. We're starting 3 while they finish the other 3. First birds will be here Thursday a little after noon.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 10:52pm
Middle son has been working for Rose Acres since 1987. When they started building the plant here, I would head out there with the tire service truck in the morning and sometimes spend all day out there fixing tires Wishing you great success with your operation. Will this be a cage free operation? Rose Acres built a cage free plant in Arizona just to supply eggs to California. They get a lot of their equipment from Germany. They also now have 1 company in this state just dealing with the Chicken poo. It is all that company does. That company is able to keep up with the state and fed regulations
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 11:16pm
Yes they're cage free. We don't have to deal with any eggs. Ours are what they call broilers. Our target is a 4.35 lbs bird at 38 to 42 days. We get paid by the average lb of live weight so every bit we can gain above 4.35 is a little extra on the check. At the old farm I've had birds that went 5.15 at 41 days. That was a nice check. I'll get some more equipment pictures tomorrow.
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 1:38am
I'll bet your county assessor's office can't wait to do a field check to get all them improvements on your property tax bill.
Good luck with that.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 5:25am
chickens ?? them barns are for chickens ???
And here I thought it was for the Allis collection !!!Smile

Looks like they'd hold  a zillion birds, but, come on, ONE should be dedicated to tractors Cry

It looks like a LOT of work to get them 'bird ready'. Got a RIVER nearby to give them a drink ??
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 5:27am
I'm sure the Bank Geek figured all that in before approving the loan. Question is after the loan???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic