This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CBD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CBD
    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 6:30pm
Have read some threads about this.
Having issues with my hands, arthritis I'm assuming, can't make a fist very well, losing grip strength etc. My mom has it pretty bad.

I have smoked dope in the past mainly as a teen. Go figure.
Have done it since but just want to lay down on the couch and just listen to 60's 70's rock and roll. Awesome as it was, very counter productive.

Is there any recommendations as to what look for. I'm not looking for a high, just a possible relief that the hype is all about.
Worth it or not?
Just asking.

Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 6:44pm

Hey Fixer,,,,I answered an ad for some info on the CBD oil and they sent me a sample of the oil as a freebee,,you know how bad I am on thet kind of chit,,,WinkWink,,anyways it has really helped me with my lower back issues, my shoulder and the arthritus in my hands, mainly the knuckles, Since different people have different tolerances to different meds, they have you start out with a low dosage of one to three drops per day and work up from there. I started out at one drop per dose and have settled at 5 drops per day "when" I need it. Not every day,,,,,They have different items such as some coffee (that'd be interesting) and some candys that look like them orange banana lookin candys of years ago, can't remember their name,,,,, 
 If you want, I'll PM you their web site info,,,,,ClapClap
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 6:53pm
Thanks Joe
I would appreciate that.Thumbs Up

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 6:57pm
I got my doc to prescribe me some Marinol for my back.  It's the same as CBD.  It helped but it plugged me right up.  I thought I was gonna explode before I got it moving again!  So now I'm taking Norco(opiod) until the back and pain center can figure out what I need.  I'm going in there Wednesday so I'm hoping for a quick decision and results.  Right now I can't stand up for more than a few minutes before my leg starts hurting really bad from my sciatica.

My friend has the same problem with his hands he says they diagnosed it as carpal tunnel.  It ain't just caused from sitting at a desk!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 12:20am
https://www.overdriveonline.com/trucker-files-class-action-lawsuit-against-cbd-gummy-manufacturer-after-failed-drug-test/?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=11-06-2019&utm_campaign=Overdrive&ust_id=2d6bceff3c713dec91b45f76e1d9df84

A truck driver who used Cannabidiol, or CBD, gummy candies to help him sleep has filed a class action lawsuit against the gummy manufacturer after he failed a drug test and lost a job opportunity.

Illinois-based trucker Trevor Darrow alleges that the JustCBD gummies he bought, manufactured by Florida-based Just Brands USA, had a “No THC” label on the package, indicating that the gummies did not contain THC, the psychoactive compound in marijuana drug tests are typically aimed at detecting.

After using the gummies for about two weeks, Darrow failed a drug test due to the presence of THC in his system and subsequently lost his job.

JustCBD said in a statement Darrow’s claims have “no merit” and noted that drug tests can vary greatly.

“It is also worth noting that drug tests administered by employers vary greatly in their accuracy and sensitivity to a number of chemical compounds, recreational or pharmaceutical drugs that could result in a positive finding of THC,” the company said.

According to Darrow’s attorney David Fish with The Fish Law Firm in Naperville, Illinois, Darrow had been a truck driver for about 10 years and had never failed a drug test when he tested positive in August.

“He was in the process of switching jobs,” Fish said. “He got a new opportunity, and as part of the on-boarding process was given a drug test, and he failed. Unfortunately, he didn’t get the job because of that.”

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 2:49am

Well,,I did forget to mention,,,that one should get a RX from your PCP if you are in line for any testing for the substance for the reason that Coke states. You should have no problem getting an approval from your PCP. Now, a side to this was,,,Wev asked the Wife;s PCP for a RX for the CBD and he told us she can have one or the other,,the CBD OR her RX for her Acetaminophen/hydrocodone, but not both. She kept her pills.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 3:15am

Hey Fixer,,,sent you a link.....Clap
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 6:41am
I’ve been taking the CBD oil for a little over 3 weeks. So far I haven’t had any relief in my back or knees.
What it has done is lower my blood pressure to a tolerable level with absolutely no other medicine. I’ll keep at it in hopes of a little relief. It takes time to get in your system and work.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 8:48am

Hey Thad,,,what dosage are you taking? I am to 5 drops per day, usually bout 2-3 Am and stays with me prettty much all day,,,,Clap I could sure stand it be a different taste, tho,,,,Wink
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 9:19am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XqyGoE2Q4Y

For you JoeTongueCensored
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 9:23am
Joe it’s a squirt bottle. It says start with 3 squirts twice a day. I recently went to 4 squirts twice a day. Nastiest stuff I ever tasted. I told Jenny it put a hole in her new cabinets. She asked how? I told her it tasted so bad I kicked a hole in them,😂😂
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 10:33am
Growing up on a large dairy in upstate NY, joint issues so bad could not take phys-ed the last two years in high school. Took the milking machines off 3/4 thru milking one night as could not finish milking, struggled to drive my standard trans to hospital where they simply jacked me up with steroids to get by and gave me heavy duty pain meds.
Farm sold that same year, moved to WY and could do cartwheels six months later, flushed the pain meds down the toilet. Humidity/cold were obviously major factors for what I had been told by Dr.'s in my teens was "hereditary bursitis" and others in my family have struggled with joint issues in that area where i grew up for years.
Carried on with no ill effects living in dry/semi dry climates including southern CA before moving to SE Asia at 28 years old. Covering large areas with my oilfield job, never had issues unless I stayed offshore for 2-3 weeks in Japan, Korea and China during the winter.
As I got older it was obvious it would creep back in and one of the main reasons I moved to Texas, hoping it would not be too bad. Few years back it started to nag at me here in north Texas during winter rains and I started researching before trying different advertised remedies. Started with Joint Juice which gave some relief. My Doc mentioned some of his patients had tried the OmegaXL so I gave it a try. Had to up the dosage slowly as I am not exactly a little boy and used it about 5 years, November - March as no issues with joints otherwise. Expense adds up but hey, it worked for me and worked well as without it, I could not even sleep nights and getting started in the morning would take a while.
Anyone who has not had to deal with joint issues cannot remotely understand just how debilitating it can be.
Since all other tests shown me to be in good health, and medical tests proved it, I just chunked out the money for the OmegaXL every winter and kept on plugging along quite well. My Doc advised of many variations of joint issues and advised i should use whatever gave me relief. Relayed my use to a brother a few years back as he was getting to the end of milking due to joint issues approaching 60 years of age.
He had no luck with the OmegaXL, no relief at all so what works for one person is not a cure-all for everyone.
I have always looked at other remedies and this year cancelled the OmegaXL though I have a good 90 days worth in the freezer just in-case.
Started Osteo Bi-Flex 8 weeks ago, 1/8 the price of the OmegaXL and buy it at WallyWorld, so far with good results as no pain and full range of movement.
Plenty of "snake oils" out there but I truly believe it comes down to your hereditary make-up, diet, location and weather.
Just passing along what worked for me and hope you find something that works.
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 11:53am
Whereabouts in "upstate NY," Tim? Soil mineralization in the northeast (especially New Yorkistan) can dramatically exaggerate those effects. Around here, it's iron, to the point that "Red Hill Road" is a common name due to the high iron concentrations in the soil. Even the well water can run red at times unless it's treated. Matter of fact before the Louisiana Purchase opened up the water routes to the Great Lakes and nodular iron deposits were discovered, the hematite mines around here were thriving businesses. Overnight out of business due to the paradigm shift. (no that's not related to a work schedule lol!!!!)
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 3:23pm
Hey Fixer, do remember this one to?

[TUBE]YFdTTdBouCg[/TUBE]

It's about drug abuse & the consequences

Whatcha gonna do?
Time's caught up with you
Now you wait your turn
You know there's no return

Take your written rules
You join the other fools
Turn to something new
Now it's killing you

First it was the bomb
Vietnam napalm
Disillusioning
You push the needle in

From life you escape
Reality's that way
Colours in your mind
Satisfy your time

Oh you, you know you must be blind
To do something like this
To take the sleep that you don't know
You're giving death a kiss, oh, little fool now

Your mind is full of pleasure
Your body's looking ill
To you it's shallow leisure
So drop the acid pill,

Don't stop to think now

You're having a good time baby
But that won't last
Your mind's all full of things
You're living too fast

Go out enjoy yourself
Don't bottle it in
You need someone to help you
To stick the needle in, yeah

Now you know the scene
Your skin starts turning green
Your eyes no longer seeing
Life's reality

Push the needle in,
Face death's sickly grin
Holes are in your skin,
Caused by deadly pin

Head starts spinning 'round
You fall down to the ground
Feel your body heave
Death's hands starts to weave

It's too late to turn
You don't want to learn
Price of life you cry
Now you're gonna die

Released Sept 1970

1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 3:05am

Hey Fixer,,the link did work,but the video would nor start,,,chit,,I used to be one of them ,,,"wild ones" back in the day,,,sure glad I outgrew that chit,,,,
  Yeah,,Thad,,I even sent the people a note to do something bout thet dang taste,,,but maybe they do that so you don't take too much,,,,LOL My 5 drop dosage seems to help me pretty good and maybe it is a little brain suggestive help kickin in,,,but think I'll stay at the 5 drops for now,,,,Wink
 CHIT,,,Tim,,I KNOW exactly how you feel,!!  Most times durin the day,,I get these burning stinging pains in the bones of my hands so bad I have to stop what I'm doin and massage my fingers,,,til pain goes away. The CBD does help me in that I don't get the shooting pains not near as often as without it.
 Hey Chask,,,I see the implications of the drug abuse in lots of songs,,I have consoled myself that if this CBD helps people with their back pains and aggravated arthiritis,,,,then I am going to use what gives a person some relief,,,,, Whenever the medical profession finds a sure enough cure for all these ailments, then I might look into them,,but not til then,,,,,WinkWink
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 4:42am
Just a poke Joe
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 6:43am
I'm pretty sure you won't be a junkie either, plus you ain't trying to escape realities of life, just a little (maybe a lot) pain. I to take an Oxy a couple times a  week if needed. Here's Fixers video for ya.

[TUBE]3XqyGoE2Q4Y[/TUBE]

LYRICS:

You know I smoked a lot of grass.
Oh Lord! I popped a lot of pills.
But I've never touched nothin'
That my spirit couldn't kill.
You know I've seen a lot of people walking 'round
With tombstones in their eyes.
But the pusher don't care
If you live -- or if you die.
God Damn! The pusher.
God Damn! The pusher.
I said God Damn! God damn the pusher man.
You know the dealer, the dealer is a man
With a lump of grass in his hand.
But the pusher is a monster
Not a natural man.
The dealer for a nickel
Goin to sell you lots of sweet dreams.
Ah...but the pusher will ruin your body;
Lord he'll leave your mind to scream.
God Damn! The pusher.
God Damn! God damn the pusher.
I said God Damn! God damn the pusher man.
Well now if I were the president of this land
You know I'd declare total war on the pusher man.
I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he run,
And I'd kill him with my bible, and my razor and my gun....
GOD DAMN! The pusher
God damn the pusher.
I said God damn! God damn the pusher man!

Edited by chaskaduo - 11 Nov 2019 at 6:43am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 12:08pm
Fixer... before you jump in to chemical treatments, tell about any other circumstances:

Are you having any numbness or tingling?  If so, where?

Are you experiencing any muscle tremors or cramps?

Are you noticing any pain in your elbows?

Do you have any aches in your shoulders, do your shoulders feel weak, like they might pop out if you weren't careful?

Any pain underneath your shoulder blades?

Any burning or ache in your lower neck?
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 12:15pm
What's your diagnosis DaveK if I say yes to 3 more more symptoms?
Curious

Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 5:18pm
Oh oh 0h too much too soon maaan.
dp7000 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 9:39am
The only thing I have to recommend is be sure your CBD products contain good CBD and not something else. There are thousands of products on the market that contain no CBD or very little. Some even have dangerous chemicals. Most of them are from China.
Please research the companies and best to buy local or domestic. Grown Naturally or organic, products that have a COA( certificate of authenticity) and a lot number so the products can be traced all the way back to the farm.

Many, many people have been helped with CBD. Just be smart and safe.
abubakarkabiru View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abubakarkabiru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 9:29am
I wanted to chime in after reading your post about CBD. I'm no expert, but I've done a bit of research and know that it's important to be smart when shopping for CBD products. You can check out the article https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/heres-what-makes-this-200-year-old-heirloom-best-cbd-for-relief, that has some good info. Be sure to look for products with a good amount of CBD with a certificate of authenticity (COA) and a lot number for traceability. You'll want to avoid products from China and those with unknown ingredients. Organic or naturally grown products are usually your safest bet.

Edited by abubakarkabiru - 03 Apr 2023 at 7:06am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 9:48am
Know a few Class A Holders that failed a preliminary Drugs scan for THC, were using CBD Oils, one went to Doctor and was prescribed Cortical Steroids for the inflammation to eliminate the THC issue, two others immediately quit use and two weeks later passed screen but refuse to return to use of the oils or gummies.  One took the gummies had remaining to his doctor and they tested POSITIVE for THC, seems the lacing of them with THC as CBD has to be used in high loads to reach same effects is typical.  Are NO screeners from FDA on CBD products, none have FDA Certifications.

I will stick to what I know works, is under prescription, and avoid ANYTHING that could bring a challenge to my license.
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 10:15am
Spam reported
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 10:22am
I know this thread goes back a few years. We know Chaskaduo has passed away, anyone ever hear from John(MI)? If I recall, he was fighting cancer?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 10:03pm
all I know is....i'll never smoke weed with Joe again!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

all I know is....i'll never smoke weed with Joe again!

What youse talking bout,,,you was the one kept asking that dude to give you another Toke,,,,,,,LOLLOL

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

I know this thread goes back a few years. We know Chaskaduo has passed away, anyone ever hear from John(MI)? If I recall, he was fighting cancer?

Haven't heard anything out of John in a long time now, I am not optimistic. He was indeed fighting cancer, don't remember what type.
PaulWoodard View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulWoodard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 4:48pm
Hey @DMiller,
Your experience with CBD products and the complexities of THC and CBD interactions shed light on an important aspect of wellness. It's fascinating to hear how even CBD oils and gummies can have unexpected outcomes during drug screenings. Your cautionary approach of sticking to what's under prescription and avoiding potential challenges to your license is a wise decision.
For those interested in exploring more about CBD products and their implications, https://releaf.co.uk could be an insightful resource. Staying informed about these nuances can greatly influence the choices we make for our well-being.

Edited by PaulWoodard - 21 Aug 2023 at 4:30am
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 1:38pm
I went to the drug store and they sold me some CDB oil in a roll on container that helped but I ended up go to a doctor that give me shot in my joints of my finger and it worked for a year before I had to go get them again, good old arthiritis.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic