This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mo Ok and Tx last night

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mo Ok and Tx last night
    Posted: 26 May 2024 at 6:19am
Multiple tornados, Claremore Pryor OK area, Valley View TX, isolate possible tornado in Ironton Chloride MO area
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2024 at 7:15am
Sure has been wicked weather this year
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2024 at 12:28pm
Rogers and Decatur Arkansas got hammered.
My mom’s nursing home is gone but all the residents are safe. We don’t know where they’ll wind up at yet. We have no power or phone service.
Neighbor and drove up in Missouri about 25 miles to get phone service.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2024 at 6:50pm
Thad, glad your Mom and the other residents are okay. Having to relocate to another facility is bad enough. We have seen an increase in thunderstorm activity but no tornadoes close to us. We are supposed to have some active weather tomorrow morning.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2024 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Thad, glad your Mom and the other residents are okay. Having to relocate to another facility is bad enough. We have seen an increase in thunderstorm activity but no tornadoes close to us. We are supposed to have some active weather tomorrow morning.

We just had a heavy round of hail and hail under another tornado watch
More storms headed this way after 8:00 pm
We’ve been very fortunate up to this point.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2024 at 6:45am

Well,,ole Thad did mention to me that Arkansas rainstorms would be a bit more than New Mexico's version,,,and I got to see first hand what he was talking about,,,,!! WOW,,!!!
 Plus,, what powerful straight line winds will do to big pine trees,,,,,I was watching the tops of all those trees sway about 20' from those high winds and thought we were gonna lose most of them,,,,,
 Yesterday's very active storm system did blow over 4 big pine trees,,two of them in the 100' range, and fortunate they did not do any damage to buildings, Several other trees in the area also blown over. Sure glad nobody was hurt, tho.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2024 at 7:32am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Well,,ole Thad did mention to me that Arkansas rainstorms would be a bit more than New Mexico's version,,,and I got to see first hand what he was talking about,,,,!! WOW,,!!!
 Plus,, what powerful straight line winds will do to big pine trees,,,,,I was watching the tops of all those trees sway about 20' from those high winds and thought we were gonna lose most of them,,,,,
 Yesterday's very active storm system did blow over 4 big pine trees,,two of them in the 100' range, and fortunate they did not do any damage to buildings, Several other trees in the area also blown over. Sure glad nobody was hurt, tho.

Glad yall made it through last nights rounds of storms without much damage. Do you have power yet?
They told us we may have it tomorrow or next day.
I’m hoping so.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2024 at 3:02pm
desertjoe probably glad if it's dark and nobody to bother them
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2024 at 10:30pm

Hey Thad,,,,We had several hard blinks to have to restart the A/C's,,,,but what worried me the most'est was watching them giant pine trees swaying so much,,,it's a wonder any of them still standing!!!!I was sure glad when the Boss called and told me to get up to the big house ASAP, I heard the crack when the big 100 foot tree  was blown over just 50 feet from where I was Wink,,,, WE lost two of the big pine trees and two smaller ones, So, we came out OK compared to some others.Clap
 The tree houses are still without power except for three of them,,,,maybe tomorrow, they say.
 All the units on Spring Street are OK.
 Pat and I went up to Basin Hotel for a look-see and there is lots of trees down all over up there....!!!
  What was weird was all the power was off thru most of the Historic District and most was still off at noon today. WE drove thru the Historic District last night about 10 and was kinda "pookie",,,it was so dang  quiet,,,,,Wink
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2024 at 4:12am
We got power back last night.
With that came cell service.
Now all the calls for damage repair.
South of us had a lot of damage as did north of us.
For whatever reason lots of storms roll in from the west and when they get to Beaver lake they go around.
Sounds like mom will be in Van Buren a few months.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2024 at 4:37am
Glad to hear recoveries are under way and contacts here still contacts as well healthy!!
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2024 at 6:38am
Glad to hear everyone is OK. Yes we've had some severe storms this spring!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2024 at 8:03pm
Glad to hear from some of you close to ground zero and you're OK.  That's always a relief to hear from you.  I've lost a lot of trees too, but most of em are in the pastures.  Only one close to the house.
I hope the rest of the summer goes smoothly....
Thank you Lord.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic