This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's a bittersweet day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's a bittersweet day
    Posted: 23 May 2024 at 6:12am
Cora took her last elementary school bus ride this morning. After today she will officially be a middle schooler. Must have been dusty in the car. Got my eyes to watering a little. We're going to awards day at 10:30 and I know she's on honor roll for all A's so it might be a little dusty in there too.

Hubert, we'll be headed to lake Sinclair for a few days after that. That being more of your area, how's the dust? Had enough "watering eyes" for today

Edited by thendrix - 23 May 2024 at 6:13am
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links

bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2024 at 6:22am
Tell her congratulations sent from Maryland
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2024 at 11:09am
How do such things happen. You bring a baby home, and it looks like forever until they will be independent. But the next thing you know..................they are grown up.

Take time to enjoy today.

Dang old dust is about to get me too. Got me thinking of putting our oldest on the school bus the first time. Confused He is past 40 now. How did it happen.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2024 at 11:26am
Wife started speaking of this the other night, Must be some allergens in the air as to causing the eyes to water.  ALL of our nieces and nephews are over 40 now, a few Great Nieces and Nephews are coming to their thirties, where does that time disappear to.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2024 at 12:13pm
That dust might be just as bad down there at Sinclair. They grow up before you know it. Congratulations to Cora on her accomplishments. You are bringing those two sweet ladies up right. Enjoy some time away from those chickens and create some memories.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
jdeere562 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdeere562 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2024 at 12:19pm
My baby girl turned 42 today. How time flies!
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2024 at 2:02pm
Way to go Cora!, they gonna grow up no matter what you do Tyler, y’all are doing great with those girls!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2024 at 10:17pm
In the blink of an eye! Wish we could put on the brakes! Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Dirt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2024 at 12:25am
Congratulations Cora, and great job with the grades and honor roll. Want to hear you continue that grade trend throughout the rest of your school years. Enjoy your summer.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2024 at 2:43pm
Congratulations Cora. Our youngest Granddaughter graduated from High School Tuesday, don't know if she is going to take some college class this summer or not. We baby set our 2 Great Grandchildren every Thursday, hes 3 years old and she 1 year old, it's a joy to get to spend that time with them.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2024 at 2:57pm
Thanks fellas. She may be growing up fast but she's still a kid. She'd rather play with the minnows than fish with them.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Harvey/pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey/pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2024 at 9:30pm
was dusty when my youngest daughter got married, I had to wear sunglasses inside...Harvey
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2024 at 12:16pm
Congratulations, Tyler!  Rites of passage come with each step.  Some of those I recall best:

Working on the foundation of the house addition, I found a frog... I handed it to my son Nick (who was about 6)... he ran off and did what little boys do to little sisters... ran right up, shoved it in her face and yelled "FROG"...
Instead of screaming, His sister said "COOL!  Give it to me!"

(and the story doesn't end there...)
About an hour later, I'm standing at the other end of a trench, and I see Libby skipping around the back yard talking, and I asked her "Libby... Who are you talking to?"

She held it up and said "The Frog"...

When I'd come home from a long workday, or a road assignment, My daughter would run through the house yelling DAAAAAADDDYYYYY... and tackle-hug my legs at full speed... the bittersweet day was when she was about 11, had been soccer goalie for about 3 years, hit me so hard (with two duffle bags in one hand, computer bag over my shoulder, and an armful of paperwork), it damn-near flattened me... and I had to ask her to 'take it easy' on me, on account that she was getting big enough to hurt me...

People will tell you about all sorts of bittersweet events.  By far the biggest for me, is coming home after dropping off our first child at college, and seeing his empty bedroom.Wink
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2024 at 4:27pm
Great stories. Iam now relegated to stories involving grandkids.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2024 at 8:12pm
CONGRATS Cora!!  Continue that straight A GPA!  All the way through college!
It was (it sseems) just a year ago that we were hearing "out of the mouths of babes". and now she's going to middle school.  WHERE DOES the time go??
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic